Hacked ADW w/ Large MIUI'ish dock

Search This thread

andmer

Oct 26, 2010
NYC
Updated to ADW latest github

I hacked up ADW launcher to have a MIUI'sih dock. It's nothing special but I kinda dig it so i figured id dump it here to share. I'm pretty sure it will only work in portrait mode because i never use landscape i didn't bother modding that source.

Thanks to Anderweb for having such a great open source project!
Thanks to Jrizzill for having such great icons!

- ADWSettings->Main Dock Style->5 Icons has been changed, to have 4 large icons as in pictures below. You must have ADWSettings->UI Settings->Dockbar checked to have swipe gesture open/close app drawer properly.
- Get icons here.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/88474-miui-themed-icons.html
- To open/close the app drawer, swipe the dock apps.
- To add a MIUI icon to the dock
1) long press, select custom shortcut
2) press pick your activity, press applications, select application
3) click the icon to the left of the "pick your activity" button, navigate to the one you want to use, click ok.
4) drag and drop it into the dock.
- Use desktop visualizer (1x1 small) for other desktop shortcuts.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/desktop-visualizer/jp.co.bii.android.app.dskvzr

snap20101119143504.png

snap20101119154735.png

Attachments

• ADWLauncher.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,660
Last edited:

gigamchz

Jun 26, 2010
OMG this is exactly what I've been looking for. Seriously when i switched from the Incredible to the Fascinate, the one thing I really missed was MIUI and having the large dock. I've been trying to hack launcher pro but this is great! Thank you so much.

KrInEn

Mar 6, 2007
Awesome!

There are only a few bugs that I have found.

- For some reason I can't seem to trash anything on the screen :O Drag to the top of the screen and nothing happens, just reappears on the bottom.

- Sometimes when hitting the home button it forgets what apps are in the dock until I open the tray and close it.

Not sure if those have to do with the version that you compiled, or ADW itself. Anyhow not trying to get down on ya, considering this is exactly what I was looking for!

Can't wait for 2.2 MIUI! :)

KrInEn

Mar 6, 2007
Does this need root?

don't believe so

For all those out there using blackhole rom's if you are using the embedded ADW then you can't install this for some reason. I had to reinstall a clean rom with TW and then install this APK.

EDIT:

Sorry for the double post :(

Last edited:

andmer

Oct 26, 2010
NYC
Glad you guys like it. I will try and fix/tweak a few things. Also will try to make it so that it can be installed side by side with stock ADW.

1) haven't had that happen with missing dock apps. try using the old dock implementation, that's the config i'm using? will mess around with it.
2) do you see the trash icon appear at the top of the screen? try and drag it all the way up to the top and drop it there. it works for me.
3) you don't need root, but if you are using some ROM with ADW pre-installed, just remove it from /system/app and drop this apk in there.

KrInEn

Mar 6, 2007
Glad you guys like it. I will try and fix/tweak a few things. Also will try to make it so that it can be installed side by side with stock ADW.

1) haven't had that happen with missing dock apps. try using the old dock implementation, that's the config i'm using? will mess around with it.
2) do you see the trash icon appear at the top of the screen? try and drag it all the way up to the top and drop it there. it works for me.
3) you don't need root, but if you are using some ROM with ADW pre-installed, just remove it from /system/app and drop this apk in there.

Odd, how do I implement the old dock config? Also yes the trash can appears, I drag the icon up, it turns red then it reappears at the original location :p just does not want me to change the setup haha

andmer

Oct 26, 2010
NYC
hmm weird with the delete.

make sure that this is not checked.
ADW Settings -> UI Settings -> Dockbar

KrInEn

Mar 6, 2007
hmm weird with the delete.

make sure that this is not checked.
ADW Settings -> UI Settings -> Dockbar

Ok, found it. Still seems to have the same issue sometimes. Once in a while only 2 icons in the tray will appear in the center, until I open the app drawer then close it. Once I do that all is good again.

May 22, 2010
tried using desktop virtualizer to make the other icons. It works but there small. How do I make them larger. I'm using the icons in the link you provided.

Thanks

phoenixbgd

Nov 12, 2010
The large icons in the dock seem a bit fuzzy.Am I the only one having this problem?
I used hd icons btw

localj

Oct 5, 2009
Hi,

You've done a fantastic job.

But can you build a version with dock bar like the dock on mac os? It should look like this image below

cdn3.staztic.com/screenshots/199657-1.jpg

Please copy and paste, i do not have permission to post image here. :(

DoRiFTo102

Nov 3, 2010
MIUI

icons in this launcher are bad, can you port MIUI ADW theme for this? becouse theme haves good icons from MIUI and can you made dock from MIUI(screen indicator, dock style). If this`ll complete, launcher`ll looks pretty good) thanks!:)

bnasgodineanu

Aug 24, 2010
Hey there,

Why cannot be installed on Eclair 2.1?

* LE: I made a mistake, it's working now. Agree with with the fuzzy icons in the dock. And also, is there a way to increase the number of rows? I like the icons to have also their labels, and only this is how it will going to work. Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated to ADW latest github

I hacked up ADW launcher to have a MIUI'sih dock. It's nothing special but I kinda dig it so i figured id dump it here to share. I'm pretty sure it will only work in portrait mode because i never use landscape i didn't bother modding that source.

Thanks to Anderweb for having such a great open source project!
    Thanks to Jrizzill for having such great icons!

- ADWSettings->Main Dock Style->5 Icons has been changed, to have 4 large icons as in pictures below. You must have ADWSettings->UI Settings->Dockbar checked to have swipe gesture open/close app drawer properly.
    - Get icons here.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/88474-miui-themed-icons.html
    - To open/close the app drawer, swipe the dock apps.
    - To add a MIUI icon to the dock
    1) long press, select custom shortcut
    2) press pick your activity, press applications, select application
    3) click the icon to the left of the "pick your activity" button, navigate to the one you want to use, click ok.
    4) drag and drop it into the dock.
    - Use desktop visualizer (1x1 small) for other desktop shortcuts.
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/desktop-visualizer/jp.co.bii.android.app.dskvzr

snap20101119143504.png

snap20101119154735.png
    Hey what's up Andmer. Are you still supporting this launcher? It is the same launcher labeled as MIUI.ADW.LAUNCHER on the market? I love this thing but it just needs some more of the features of ADW ex