Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
FreeXperia PROJECT
(Unlocked bootloader only)

We suport following accesorries
LIVEVIEW
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/liveviewmicrodisplay?cc=gb&lc=en#a
LIVEWATCH http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/smartwatch?cc=gb&lc=en
ANT+ http://www.thisisant.com/pages/technology/what-is-ant-plus

If you want to contribute to FreeXperia Project you can access it on git
https://github.com/freexperia

if you want to support our work you can donate
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=THUJZQB2U5PNC

Our team is not responsable of any damage that you or you phone will suffer by using our work

Last edited:

jerpelea

Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
CM7 PROGRESS

FIXED
GSM - voice and data
SENSORS - from source
WIFI - from source
FM - from source (not working for now)
LIGHTS - from source
VIDEO - from source
AUDIO - from source
GPS - from source
Gralloc - from source
HOTSPOT - from source
BT - precompiled
Live View - UGLY but SMART Accesory
Live Watch - usefull, nice, smart
RECOVERY - almost ready
3D - precompiled
CAMERA - precompiled
ANT+ - precompiled and source

WORK IN PROGRESS
HDMI - work in progress (for suported devices)
FM - work in progress

BUGTRAKER
http://code.google.com/p/freexperia/

Last edited:

jerpelea

Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
HOWTO

to flash cm7 rom you have to take 3 steps (after unpacking the 7z archive)

step 1 - copy update.zip and GAPPS ADDON to sdcard

step 2 - flash new kernel (always use the kernel provided in CM7 / it is incompatible with stock ROM)

ON PC - run fastboot flash boot boot.img (an black window will open and will stay open untill kernel is flashed)
ON PHONE - put phone in fastboot mode (power off then press lower right key and plug usb cable) and phone LED will light BLUE

step 3
- when phone is booting (FreeXperia Logo) press volume down key several times to enter recovery
- choose apply update from sdcard and select rom
- choose apply update from sdcard and select GAPPS
- wipe device
- reboot

DOWNLOAD
Look in my signature !
please don't mirror (we want to have download conunt)

Last edited:

chuinkee

Oct 6, 2007
Just flashed this ROM, everything looks good and working except:

- the hardware keyboard mapping is out. Alphabets are fine, it is the numbers and punctuations that is a mess. w=1 e=2 r=3 s=4 etc tried using the build-in keyboard changer but didnt help

- if I go to landscape and then back to portrait, the call, application drawer and browser shortcut which is at the bottom of the desktop will disappear. it takes a reboot to bring it back

- Tried to get the battery icon to change using UOT kitchen by uploading the apk file from the zip package but it doesn't seem to work.

so far that's it.

thanks for the effort

Ben

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Update on keyboard issue:

downloaded the keymap frile from freexperia issue section and replace the one in the phone.

details:

http://code.google.com/p/freexperia/issues/detail?id=5#c6

please remove the post if links are not permitted in the forum.

thanks

Ben

chuinkee

Oct 6, 2007
Update on the keyboard issue again:
Only the alphabets and numbers are okay, the punctuation marks are still our of place....

argh...

Reactions: kiansoft

chuinkee

Oct 6, 2007
thanks for the heads up... i will make do with soft keyboard for the time being..

btw when the new release is out, do I have to wipe everything again?

Ben

rcummings100

Oct 5, 2007
Toronto
Thank You freeXperia!!

This is awesome! Thanks for your hard work on the Xperia Pro :D

Donation coming your way from me
(edit: donation away!)

I have 2 questions:
1) does nandroid work in this recover?

2) My phone's a stock phone from Fido in Canada. I've unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone. When I go to Settings > About Phone, my Build Number at the very bottom says "4.0.A.2.335"

How do I get SEMC 4.0.1.A.0.283?? I'd really like to use CM7!

Last edited:

rcummings100

Oct 5, 2007
Toronto
upgrade to 4.0.2.A.0.42 released

FXP044 rom will come monday

Thanks for posting the link to 4.0.2.A.0.42. The previous rom link was missing.

Will this ROM work on my phone even though I've got an MK16a, and not an MK16i? I'm from Canada using a Fido phone, so I want to make sure my phone's Radio will work properly...this ROM is from the UK, so I'm not sure.

Just asking because on the Motorola Milestone, which I upgraded from, you had to select a different radio depending on which country you lived in.

Why do we even need to flash 4.0.2.A.0.42? Is CM7 not a complete ROM replacement? It is on the Milestone - doesn't matter what version you're coming from since CM7 replaced everything.

And FYI, the 10EUR donation was from me ;)
Hope it goes to good use!

jerpelea

Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
hy
thanks

@semc rom
we need to ensure that you have the proper baseband (radio software) this is why we request an semc rom flash 4.0.2.A.0.42 has baseband 56

@a/i
if you have an a device if better to flash proper radio from an semc a update
i will post the link for you

br

Thanks for posting the link to 4.0.2.A.0.42. The previous rom link was missing.

Will this ROM work on my phone even though I've got an MK16a, and not an MK16i? I'm from Canada using a Fido phone, so I want to make sure my phone's Radio will work properly...this ROM is from the UK, so I'm not sure.

Just asking because on the Motorola Milestone, which I upgraded from, you had to select a different radio depending on which country you lived in.

Why do we even need to flash 4.0.2.A.0.42? Is CM7 not a complete ROM replacement? It is on the Milestone - doesn't matter what version you're coming from since CM7 replaced everything.

And FYI, the 10EUR donation was from me ;)
Hope it goes to good use!

Reactions: rcummings100

rcummings100

Oct 5, 2007
Toronto
hy
thanks

@semc rom
we need to ensure that you have the proper baseband (radio software) this is why we request an semc rom flash 4.0.2.A.0.42 has baseband 56

@a/i

br

That would be great if you could post an SEMC update for the mk16a. One that will work in Canada ;)

One final question: Is it possible to do a full nandroid backup prior to applying these updates, so that if I want to return to stock, I can?

I was thinking hotboot a recovery via fastboot, then take the nandroid, and then flash the SEMC update, and finally flash CM7.

alvaroag

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 2, 2010
Lima
The nandroid backup makes backup only of the TDs(/system,/data,etc), but it doesn't backups the kernel. As it's the same android & kernel version, it's mos probable the FXP kernel will work with the stock ROM, but I'm not sure.

Edit: I saw the Bi4ry post, and it says the stock ROM is not compatible with FreeXperia kernel.

Last edited:

SandroV1972

Apr 16, 2011
Tried to use this instead of the official CM7 from cyanogenmod site but after boot.img it doesn't boot anymore and I can't enter CWM recovery....

rcummings100

Oct 5, 2007
Toronto
hy
thanks

@semc rom

@a/i

br

You said you'd post the link for the SEMC 'a' update....still waiting ;)
Any idea when that will be? Sorry for being impatient. I just miss CM7 and can't wait to get it on this phone

alvaroag

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 2, 2010
Lima
Not to be rude, but... When will the FXP044 will be ready? I'm waiting for it. I used a unofficial port of CM7 on my old U20a, and it was really good, so I can't wait to try something better on my MK16a.

Also, will the update to 4.0.2.A.0.42 will be necessary anyway? Which part does the ROM would depend on it?

jerpelea

Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
Not to be rude, but... When will the FXP044 will be ready? I'm waiting for it. I used a unofficial port of CM7 on my old U20a, and it was really good, so I can't wait to try something better on my MK16a.

Also, will the update to 4.0.2.A.0.42 will be necessary anyway? Which part does the ROM would depend on it?

semc update flashes "radio" to required version so "is an must"

FXP044 will be uploaded today

Petter88

Nov 20, 2009
post in the wrong forum... Sorry

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

Last edited:

rcummings100

Oct 5, 2007
Toronto
If I have the rom up and running without radio issues even tho I flashed from the latest lt15i fw and not from the "required" lt18i Rom, is there then any reason to do the extra effort and flash the lt18i one?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

This thread is about the Xperia Pro MK16a/i. Not the lt18 or lt15. It's only here because us Pro users don't have a forum of our own yet.

Sent from my Acer Iconia A100 using XDA Premium for Android

Top Liked Posts