HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
yup!

just hope I dont have to deal with any BS with my upgrade getting messed up since I'll be paying full price to hold my upgrade off till next years EVO...

Ive seen them in the past accidentally reset someones upgrade even though paying full price activating a device.....

Why not use your upgrade now and use the Buy Up program next year "if" you really want to upgrade? Makes dollars and cents to me but I also don't know your exact situation.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Ha LA tight that's was up. But I'm also going with Sprint.

Sent from my powered Shooter E3D with Infection of AnthraX Jamz by wolf.

Hell, I'm going with whoever the hell offers up! :D I really was hoping Amazon would bust out a pre-order and undercut Sprint and Bestbuy... Not thinking it's gonna happy so I suppose I'll be in the mad dash for a phone from Sprint come mid-night or whenever the hell this thing opens up! :)

ETA: Guess 8AM CST is "the" time. Damn, I'm going to have to get up early! :D

Last edited:

NoClemency

Sep 3, 2011
Fort Worth
For those that are getting the phone tomorrow, can you let me know if you are able to root the phone. I'm curious if HTCDev will be able to unlock the boot loader, or will it be like At&T's 1X and it won't be unlockable. I realize other methods will eventually come out to root the phone, but if the boot loader is at least unlockable through HTCDev right now, that will be a good sign for the future to come for the phone when it comes to future root methods and the development of new roms. Thanks.

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
For those that are getting the phone tomorrow, can you let me know if you are able to root the phone. I'm curious if HTCDev will be able to unlock the boot loader, or will it be like At&T's 1X and it won't be unlockable. I realize other methods will eventually come out to root the phone, but if the boot loader is at least unlockable through HTCDev right now, that will be a good sign for the future to come for the phone when it comes to future root methods and the development of new roms. Thanks.

no one getting it tomorrow the pre-order is just opening up then. I'm hearing and believing the 18th as the pattern sprint has been going with pre-order then release with in 10 or so days

NoClemency

Sep 3, 2011
Fort Worth
no one getting it tomorrow the pre-order is just opening up then. I'm hearing and believing the 18th as the pattern sprint has been going with pre-order then release with in 10 or so days

Good point, didn't think that one all the way through. To restate the question, when people do start getting the phone after pre-ordering it let me know if HTCDev works for the Sprint HTC EVO LTE unlike the AT&T 1X? Thanks.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Good point, didn't think that one all the way through. To restate the question, when people do start getting the phone after pre-ordering it let me know if HTCDev works for the Sprint HTC EVO LTE unlike the AT&T 1X? Thanks.

We will have moved on from this thread (still no official 4G LTE forum) so best advice is for you to keep an eye on the news, once the phone drops, be sure to come back to find us in the Evo 4G LTE official forums and you'll have more information that you can digest just as fast as its happening.

Welcome to XDA

NoClemency

Sep 3, 2011
Fort Worth
Even if it does, wait. Revolutionary is the way to go.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
I totally agree that Revolutionary is the way to go, but I'm not sure how long it will take for them to unlock the boot loader, or how difficult it will be for them, but if HTCDev at least works it gives me something to at least work with and is a good sign for future development of new root methods and roms in the future.

Cordy

Feb 2, 2008
trying to find the cheapest place for this thing off contract...
so far have the below:

wirefly: 589.99 tax and everything included
http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=21427_f42a40102ecb4c85be8e9e029bd8c5a3
I usually buy off contract when I don't have an upgrade available or I want to save it. But since my contract with Sprint is up and I have an upgrade available I figure why not use it. An interesting note about Wirefly if you didn't notice is that it lists it's shipping on May 18 which corresponds with goodandevo's tip and not s4grus. It makes more sense because as of lately Sprint's been taking pre-orders generally a week in advance rather than the month or so like they have in the past. Also if you read the landing page it specifically states the pre-orders are online only and alludes to the fact that those who are able to pre-order will get it before the general public. Either way once Sprint opens up orders on their site today I'll be ordering one.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
trying to find the cheapest place for this thing off contract...
so far have the below:

wirefly: 589.99 tax and everything included
http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=21427_f42a40102ecb4c85be8e9e029bd8c5a3

My pre-order is done but did you say why you wouldn't just use your upgrade now (you know you want the device) and then next year "if" you want to upgrade again, you could just use the buy up program? Why go off contract now?

ETA: Now maybe we can get us a Evo 4g LTE forum.... the device is real! :D

Top Liked Posts