Aug 17, 2007
Philadelphia - HTC One (m7)
rootboxlogo2.png

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Note*
Now that there is official support for Toro, Bajee is building Main and Nightlies. I will continue with my Unofficial builds for myself and post for anyone that wants them, similiar to what Maguro user Sykomaniac did with his RootBox thread.

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

OTA Updates - Goo Manager

Navigation Bar Colour

Camera: Save to external memory

Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)

Phone: Noise Suppression

MMS: Message rate alerts (Modify SMS message limit for alert)

MMS: Fully Customizable MMS Theme

MMS: Soft Keyboard Type (Emoji, Enter to Send, Enter for a New Line)

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

LockClock (Chronus)

Launch Music app on Headset connection

Pie (Paranoid Android)

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets (CM)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Expanded Desktop

Hardware Keys Remapping

Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:
1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

How-to Upgrade RootBox versions:
1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache (Optional)

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

6. Reboot

RootBox Sources
www.github.com/Root-Box

Downloads
Official Releases - Nightlies
Official | Nightlies | Google Apps | Unofficial -Formula84

Quick Tip: To avoid bad flashes and unexpected surprises, make sure you check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file against the one displayed on Goo.

All Private Messages sent to me for support will be ignored. I do not have the time to go through all the PMs I receive on a daily basis.

Changelog
**Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:

RootBox Changelogs | Nightlies Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
- Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
- Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Bugs
* AOKP/CM BUGS

Donations
If you want to donate, feel free to do so but I'm not a big fan of donations. I put this up because I've been getting too many PM asking for my paypal account. (Bajee)

Donate to Bajee via Paypal

Credits/Thanks To:
* AOKP
* Teamhacksung
* The CyanogenMod Project
* rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
* Paranoid Android
* DaXmax
* Rodries
* Pier
* BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers​

Last edited:

formula84

Aug 17, 2007
Re: [4.2.2][ROM][AOKP/CM/PA][02/26][v3.8] Vanilla RootBox (UNOFFICIAL)

Per-App Settings

This guide will help you setup your phone with new Per-App Settings.

First, all credits associate to Xposed Frameworks and Modules goes to Rovo89 for sharing his work and making it open source for everyone. You guys should all buy him a beer.

Steps to follow:

1. Install Xposed Frameworks by going in Modules Management>Install/Update
  2. Enable Per-App Settings by going in Modules Management> Modules>Tick Per-App Settings (You should reboot your phone at this point)
  3. Setup your phone : Per-App Settings>Choose your app>Set DPI/Resolution/Tablet UI/Language> Press Save on top
  4. Your app should now display in your preferred settings. If it doesnt, kill the app and restart it or reboot phone.

Contribute to RootBox

Those interested in making wallpapers and bootanimation for RootBox, send an email to rootbox.rom@gmail.com with the following:

Information

• Name
  • Email

Wallpapers

• Attach wallpaper in email
  • Two sizes are required: HDPI and XHDPI

I'll review them and add the wallpapers in the next release. I will also choose the best one as the default wallpaper for official releases.

Bootanimation
  • Attach bootanimation or paste download link in the email.
  • Two sizes are required: HDPI and XHDPI

Wallpaper Resolution

• HDPI: 960 x 800
  • XHDPI: 1440 x 1280

You can also contribute by creating icons for settings. Use proper sizes and always include compatibility for HDPI and XHDPI.

The reason behind this is very simple. I'm always busy and I've neglected the visual aspect of RootBox for a while now. It's time to polish it with new visuals!

Last edited:

dragonfly1113

Apr 7, 2009
Hopatcong
Not for me, I got a gps lock in about 20 sec on a clean flash... and about 5 sec every time after that. (first one always takes a bit longer)

sweet, ok. will give it a try. also was having problems with waze and pandora running at same time would stop pandora every time waze notified me of something but i can test that myself, gps is way more important to quickly lock. thanks.

SL556

Aug 3, 2010
Auburn

Loving this rom! Everything is working great. Just wanted to give some feedback and say thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: formula84

Harry44

Jul 14, 2010
TX, USA
This rom by far is the best. It has all the features that I want. It gets better with every update. Thanks for building this for the Toro!

Reactions: formula84

mldiroff

Jul 9, 2010
Belleville

I have tried just about ROM, and this is my new favorite. Smooth, fast, great features, excellent battery thus far, and no issues. Great work! Now why aren't more people trying this out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nyjohn

Jan 26, 2012
New York

Does this have PAs pie?

itslels

Oct 21, 2012

Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

bleeeeeeek

May 10, 2007

Giving this a whirl.. I can't get gesture typing to work on the stock keyboard..

formula84

Aug 17, 2007
Hey guys zaphod posted this bluetooth fix. It replaces the new bluetooth binaries with the old ones and others have confirmed it works. He posted it on aokp.

http://androtransfer.com/get.php?p=zaphod/toro/BTFixTest.zip

I looked at this but what bothered me was the file date on that file it is from 2011? Weird... Although i did see a commit on their Gerrit in Open by him that talks about how Toro has diff Binaries for Broadcom then Maguro (another tuna board). http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/#/c/6989/

I will look over his commit and see if its any different then the zip posted, it will be in the next build, also Bajee put some interesting commits on Git regarding toggles and PIE going to try a fresh sync and build tonight...I'll keep everyone posted.

Edit: Talked with Mike about the date, he said ingnore. Plus i did what he did and got the same date as well after manual script run and extraction..."Interesting I just followed your directions, did the same thing for Toro and Maguro and both show a modified date of Sept. 2011... Strange!"

From Mike on RootzWiki
I never paid any attention to the dates. I pulled the binaries from here:

https://developers.g...us/drivers#toro

I grabbed the last Broadcom driver listed for Toro (4.2/4.2.1) and ran the extract script which will give you, among many nested directories, the file I listed in the BT-test. Once I confirmed the zip worked, I re-sync'd me repo and just copied that same file into the toro proprietary location and refactored the various make files for the 3 tuna devices to look in their device specific repo for that file rather than the generic tuna location.

You should be able to run a md5sum on them and they should be the same.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rootboxlogo2.png

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Note*
    Now that there is official support for Toro, Bajee is building Main and Nightlies. I will continue with my Unofficial builds for myself and post for anyone that wants them, similiar to what Maguro user Sykomaniac did with his RootBox thread.

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

OTA Updates - Goo Manager

Navigation Bar Colour

Camera: Save to external memory

Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)

Phone: Noise Suppression

MMS: Message rate alerts (Modify SMS message limit for alert)

MMS: Fully Customizable MMS Theme

MMS: Soft Keyboard Type (Emoji, Enter to Send, Enter for a New Line)

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

LockClock (Chronus)

Launch Music app on Headset connection

Pie (Paranoid Android)

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets (CM)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Expanded Desktop

Hardware Keys Remapping

Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:
    1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

How-to Upgrade RootBox versions:
    1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache (Optional)

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

6. Reboot

RootBox Sources
    www.github.com/Root-Box

Downloads
    Official Releases - Nightlies
    Official | Nightlies | Google Apps | Unofficial -Formula84

Quick Tip: To avoid bad flashes and unexpected surprises, make sure you check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file against the one displayed on Goo.

All Private Messages sent to me for support will be ignored. I do not have the time to go through all the PMs I receive on a daily basis.

Changelog
    **Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
    If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:

RootBox Changelogs | Nightlies Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
    - Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
    - Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Bugs
    * AOKP/CM BUGS

Donations
    If you want to donate, feel free to do so but I'm not a big fan of donations. I put this up because I've been getting too many PM asking for my paypal account. (Bajee)

Donate to Bajee via Paypal

Credits/Thanks To:
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * DaXmax
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers​
    This rom by far is the best. It has all the features that I want. It gets better with every update. Thanks for building this for the Toro!

56 downloads so far today, postive feedback on Here and RootzWiki, guess i'll keep building these for Toro :)
    Power Widget - Missed Call Breath

As requested by the majority of users, CM Power Widget has been merged with RootBox. All these screenshots have been taken with "Dark RootBox" Enabled hence why you see blue icons and dark background. Just like SMS Breath feature was implemented in V3.9.1, we now have Missed Call Breath.

So what is Dark RootBox?

In simple words, it's a dark "theme" that you can switch ON/OFF without having to use the Theme Engine. This could prove to be a potential tool for customization with the possibility of modifying layouts, colours, strings and much more. Thanks to Kroz's Hue Theme, I was able to theme RootBox with all his blue icons and dark colour palette. Rest assure that "Dark RootBox" is NOT DEFAULT and it's simply an option in the Settings menu. Big thanks to SlimRom for their hard work on this feature.

Screenshot_2013-03-15-03-11-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-15-03-08-27.png
    13+-+1
    New build is up... Enjoy http://tinyw.in/FvyY

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Testing the new build now, some small additons Bajee commited after the Official Build from 03/06...

Also I am going to try and port this commit from SlimRom for myself if anyone is interested. (Wont be in this build from today)
    The Items in BOLD UNDERLINE are what I am after

Frameworks: Lockscreen custom shortcuts and 8 targets
    Normal phones need a bit more love on Lockscreen.

This commit adds

- the ability to add additional shortcuts on lockscreen. (so you can use 5 targets + 6 shortcuts)
    - Ability to open shortcut only with longpress
    - Ability to use 8 targets on all phones (8 targets / shortcuts disabled)
    - fix cutoff lockscreenring
    - some minor fixes
    - only for phones at the moment. Tablets have already 8 targets
    - shares png's with Notification shortcut feature

https://github.com/SlimRoms/frameworks_base/commit/d2abb2abc4351edd890e8f6861eceb4f12b93014