Fun Money for the devs Lets Give back!: G2 Full root / Nand Unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Good job guys.

Let's get the money into the fund so this looks real. And people dont think oh its 500 USD but we wont get 1/3 of it.

Few are making fun of it. Saying they wont get anything. Let's prove them wrong.

All those who sent. I marked on the OP. Except for one person. Which i have emailed to find out who it is.

Jamalia

Oct 23, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Got it.

I posted the G2 Root Fund Donation Link. on the OP and updated the totals. Feel free to send it to that fund. If nothing comes of us. I will refund you all.

I'm waiting on some funds to transfer, will send my pledge along soon.

It might be helpful if we can define under what circumstances the bounty will be canceled and the funds returned to those who contributed. Will the funds sit unclaimed for months, or is there going to be a reasonable time limit put in place? Hopefully a root will be forthcoming so all this will be a non-issue, but you never know.

I'm waiting on some funds to transfer, will send my pledge along soon.

It might be helpful if we can define under what circumstances the bounty will be canceled and the funds returned to those who contributed. Will the funds sit unclaimed for months, or is there going to be a reasonable time limit put in place? Hopefully a root will be forthcoming so all this will be a non-issue, but you never know.

Good point as well.

But, How long to give them? Normally a bounty doesn't have a time limit.

But, What do you all think?

mpmilestogo

Aug 9, 2009
Union City California
Just to keep things interesting and lively. If the dudes working on the G2 permanent root solve it by end of January before the money is returned, I will double the paypal donation and make it 250.00 total that I donate. I've been around the Linux and open source scene for a pretty long time. Donated to a number of the NexusOne guys that do great ROMs. This is worthy!

Zillator

Aug 13, 2008
Guys, if I may, I will ask before sending my donation: if the perma-root effort succeeds on G2, will it also be available for us, European Desire Z users (I guess so, since the phones are almost identical)?

I tried reading the OP's first post, however there is no information regarding this, so I thought I'd better ask... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.