Bike mount, do you think this...

Search This thread

polska2180o

Nov 28, 2011
Last edited:

polska2180o

Nov 28, 2011
You could mount it on a motorcycle, however, it doesn't fit the epic I forgot that the SGII is 4.3 inch and our phones our a bit bigger. I really like to product so I will be modifying it to fit, wont be the best but its better then all the other ones that leave the phone out in the open.

bigtimeweb

Feb 28, 2011
Houston, TX
Hey Polska

Don't know if you noticed but they do have a Galaxy S version of that.

http://www.ibikeconsole.com/catalog.asp?catid=67650

Was just looking for the same thing and was surprised to find a thread here about it. Well not the bike console, but a stem mount solution that would fit my phone.

That thing looks like the ticket. I like the built in waterproof case as I carry mine naked.

polska2180o

Nov 28, 2011
Hey Polska

Don't know if you noticed but they do have a Galaxy S version of that.

http://www.ibikeconsole.com/catalog.asp?catid=67650

Was just looking for the same thing and was surprised to find a thread here about it. Well not the bike console, but a stem mount solution that would fit my phone.

That thing looks like the ticket. I like the built in waterproof case as I carry mine naked.

Thanks I did notice but the s has a 4" screen which is even smaller, the volume and power might align better though. I cut out holes for the volume and power button obviously not as water proof anymore but really I just want it to protect the screen/speaker/front front from any moisture which it still does. I also had to modify the rubber lining because the screen didn't aligh with the screen on the case and I was unable to press the home/back etc buttons.

BTW I found my on ebay for $30 so if anybody is looking for one start there. It does not show the brand on ebay but its the same stuff.

twoslo

Sep 18, 2010
New Orleans
oh the irony, i was just about to make a thread asking for recommendations for a bike mount...

@polska, can you share the link of the one you found on ebay? is it specific to the ET4G ?

ethandissi

Apr 9, 2010
Hi, I just bought one yesterday off amazon for my road bike I will let you know how it works it was 16 dollars and universal so we will see lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Ibb1982

Dec 25, 2009
Bristol
Nice thread, just got myself a Whyte Stirling and keen to use my Samsung Galaxy S2 on it :D

465019_706261536927_286600310_6127528_59184619_o.jpg

boborone

Placeholder for now. I'm out and will search when I get home. This'll just show up in my subs so I don't forget. There's a member Miami_Son, he does serious off road riding and found an adjustable mount he used for the captivate.

my phone was here

I sent him a pm because I couldn't find it. He said never made a thread about it. I was wrong.

* iTouched Epic

frikjmaser

Aug 3, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I'm getting ready for a motorcycle trip next month and bought a waterproof hard case from Ultimate Mobiles in the UK completely forgetting that the European s2 has a smaller screen. It will cost more to send it back to the UK than I'd get for a refund so Ivee been looking at modifying it, sadly I can't without making the case useless. The charger and mount will work perfectly for whatever solution I finally end up with.

I'm very interested to see if the ebay case works for our phones, if so I'd be all over it!