[Q] Need help, Nook can't mount anything.

Search This thread

philshel

Mar 23, 2013
Out of the middle of nowhere my HD+ stopped booting and would stick on the "nook" screen could not get into recovery. Been running versions of CM for more than a year without any issues and was currently running the latest CM11. After trying several different versions of CWM, I found two that it would boot to recovery. Now the issue is that while it will boot to recovery, I get continuous errors that it can't mount anything. Can't mount cache, ext SD, or the internal SD. Also I cannot connect to it via the USB cable. I'm stuck! I cannot mount anything so therefore cannot recover. Can anyone help?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Out of the middle of nowhere my HD+ stopped booting and would stick on the "nook" screen could not get into recovery. Been running versions of CM for more than a year without any issues and was currently running the latest CM11. After trying several different versions of CWM, I found two that it would boot to recovery. Now the issue is that while it will boot to recovery, I get continuous errors that it can't mount anything. Can't mount cache, ext SD, or the internal SD. Also I cannot connect to it via the USB cable. I'm stuck! I cannot mount anything so therefore cannot recover. Can anyone help?
Try going to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash stock recovery back to internal as described in item 5. Then try the 8 failed boot procedure by interrupting the boot by powering off 8 times in a row. See what that does.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

D

Deleted member 2092952

If my memory is correct, had the mounting issue when I had played with wiping of the emmc. The sdcard recovery I think was what had worked as flashing from emmc recovery couldnt be done due to the mounting issue which the sdcard recovery had no problem with. Or something like that. Its not really bricked yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

philshel

Mar 23, 2013
Try going to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash stock recovery back to internal as described in item 5. Then try the 8 failed boot procedure by interrupting the boot by powering off 8 times in a row. See what that does.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

I tried #5 already and I cannot flash as it say's that it cannot mount the SD card.

Tried the "8 times" trick and it still hung on the 9th boot.

The symptoms are the same as the emmc bug from a while back but I was not using the software that was causing that issue.
I was having power/charging issues that immediately proceeded the issue. The nook was draining unusually fast and was not charging as usual, I had several incomplete boots just prior to the issue but I several successful boots prior to this issue.
It is acting like the factory partitions are gone/corrupt.

D

Deleted member 2092952

It is acting like the factory partitions are gone/corrupt.

If you use sdcard twrp recovery you can use the built in file explorer to check if your emmc is showing up normal or not. At least I would think that would be a good indicator instead of simply assuming the worst.

philshel

Mar 23, 2013
If my memory is correct, had the mounting issue when I had played with wiping of the emmc. The sdcard recovery I think was what had worked as flashing from emmc recovery couldnt be done due to the mounting issue which the sdcard recovery had no problem with. Or something like that. Its not really bricked yet.

I cannot mount the SD card either. It will boot from the SD but will not access any other files on the card, just throws the "cannot mount sdcard" error

D

Deleted member 2092952

I cannot mount the SD card either. It will boot from the SD but will not access any other files on the card, just throws the "cannot mount sdcard" error

D'oh I forgot you may also need to go into the mount options of the sdcard recovery and make sure to mount the stuff. Sorry, been a while hard to remember.

Last edited by a moderator:

philshel

Mar 23, 2013
Well, guess I have a parts HD+ available.
Every post I find with the
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
issue ends without any form of resolution. The opinion seem to be that the emmc is toast. I can't even run from the SD as it won't mount the ext. SD either.