[ROM][4.4.2][TW] 100% stock 4.4.2 kitkat P5220 [Deodexed+Rooted build also available]

Search This thread

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5220. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is also available.

NOTE: if you flash the deodexed version and have problems with root, flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from here. I don't anticipate any root problems, but just in case, this will fix it.

100% stock: P5220-4.4-stock(fixed).zip
Deodexed + rooted: P5220-4.4-stock-deodexed-rooted(fixed).zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.

Last edited:

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
Restl3ss, it would be great if you would post md5 values for your zip files. That way we can verify a good download. I suppose a zip that opens is uncorrupted, but many other developers offer MD5 values, so I mention it.
Thanks for your work in preparing the deodexed and rooted rom. Those of us with LTE don't have many options..... so we are very greatful.

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
I just flashed the deodexed version with TWRP. It hung on the boot screen Tab 3 for more than 20 minutes. So i reflashed. Same result. So I restored my backup and here I am....

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
I just flashed the deodexed version with TWRP. It hung on the boot screen Tab 3 for more than 20 minutes. So i reflashed. Same result. So I restored my backup and here I am....

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

Damn. Could you try the fully stock one and see if you get the same result?

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
Damn. Could you try the fully stock one and see if you get the same result?

Ok, I'm downloading it now.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Sorry, that one didn't work either. I wonder if the problem is TWRP? When I finished flashing the stock p5220, when I selected Reboot System, I got a message that said "You don't appear to be rooted. If you would like root, swipe to install SuperSU" Well, I wanted root, so I selected that. Then the tab hung o the boot screen just like before. So I re-entered recovery and installed the Update SuperSU 2.02. It still hung so I am again restoring backup.
Has anyone else installed either of these and if successful, what recovery did you use??????

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

Reactions: Restl3ss

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
Ok, I'm downloading it now.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Sorry, that one didn't work either. I wonder if the problem is TWRP? When I finished flashing the stock p5220, when I selected Reboot System, I got a message that said "You don't appear to be rooted. If you would like root, swipe to install SuperSU" Well, I wanted root, so I selected that. Then the tab hung o the boot screen just like before. So I re-entered recovery and installed the Update SuperSU 2.02. It still hung so I am again restoring backup.
Has anyone else installed either of these and if successful, what recovery did you use??????

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

Hmm
Did it hang on the first splash or the boot animation? Also which version of TWRP are you using, the one made by angel_666 or the one made by moonbutt74?

I have a hypothesis as to what the problem may be if it's on my end, but I want to make sure

Reactions: blackcanopy

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
Hmm
Did it hang on the first splash or the boot animation? Also which version of TWRP are you using, the one made by angel_666 or the one made by moonbutt74?

I have a hypothesis as to what the problem may be if it's on my end, but I want to make sure

HI,
It hung on the first splash - the one with white letters saying Tab 3 etc.
As far as the TWRP goes, I don't remember where I got it but the file was TWRPrecovery.tar.zip and inside that was recovery.tar.md5 of 16.24MB. I hope that helps. If you can suggest a better recovery, I'll install it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2 NI1
Kernel: Stock
Apex Launcher

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
HI,
As far as the TWRP goes, I don't remember where I got it but the file was TWRPrecovery.tar.zip and inside that was recovery.tar.md5 of 16.24MB. I hope that helps. If you can suggest a better recovery, I'll install it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Apex Launcher

Hmm, there goes my hypothesis for problem on my end then, if that's where it's hanging the inits arent even running.

Try installing philz adv recovery from this thread and try flashing again.

I appreciate the debugging help :thumbup:

Last edited:
Reactions: blackcanopy

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
Hmm, there goes my hypothesis for problem on my end then, if that's where it's hanging the inits arent even running.

Try installing philz adv recovery from this thread and try flashing again.

I appreciate the debugging help :thumbup:

Your link just took me to a black screen, but I looked in the development section and found the thread by Moonbutt. I downloaded Philz for p5220 from there but won't flash it until you tell me that I have the correct one.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
That's the one, give it a whirl
OK, I installed PhilZ and it seems to work fine. First I tried to flash your deodexed rom. Part way through the flash I got the message:
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E;Error in /sdcard/download/P5200-4.4-stock-deodexed-rooted.zip
(Status 7)
E: Installation aborted

So now I'm going to try the totally stock one.....

Same error again. Bummer because I forgot to make a PhilZ backup of my 4.2.2. I have a TWRP backup, but that's all.

Last edited:

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
Can someone provide a good link to a TWRP recovery for the p5220 LTE?

OK, I found one of Moonbutt's latest, installed it, restored my TWRP backup and have a working tablet again. I'm a little gunshy and will be slow to flash anything for a while....

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Apex Launcher

Last edited:

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
Can someone provide a good link to a TWRP recovery for the p5220 LTE?

OK, I found one of Moonbutt's latest, installed it, restored my TWRP backup and have a working tablet again. I'm a little gunshy and will be slow to flash anything for a while....

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Apex Launcher

Damn, i was gonna ask you to try from moonbutt74's twrp haha. Ah well, thanks for the help thus far

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
@quijote1

Wait, I think I know what the problem is
and f**k do I feel stupid

the new KK firmware requires vendor be patched as symlinks get broken. I forgot to patch vendor on these zips, thus hanging. Remembered with the 3G one as I made it relatively close to the time I made the WiFi one. Completely forgot about it on the LTE ones.

My bad, pulling links until re-upload is done

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
Hooray, it worked. The ROM is installed but appears to lack root although I selected the rooted one. I suppose that I can flash the update supersu 2.07 zip and that will do the job. I'll read the OP first.....
Thanks!!!

quijote1

Mar 24, 2012
Rota
Further update: the Gallery fc although the camera works. And Video and World Clock also force close. 3rd party photo and video players work fine. When I take a photo, a little icon of the new photo appears on screen, but if I click it, it force closes too. Otherwise the camera works fine.
I ran a script to debloatify that was posted in this forum. It was called SlimSammy and it removed a lot of crapware - group play, etc. I wonder if it screwed up something to do with photos and videos?

Nope, I reflashed the rom again with the same result. ..

However, with the exception of those those 3 apps force closing, the rom is decently zippy and seems stable. Antutu 21400!

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5220. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
    Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is also available.

NOTE: if you flash the deodexed version and have problems with root, flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from here. I don't anticipate any root problems, but just in case, this will fix it.

100% stock: P5220-4.4-stock(fixed).zip
    Deodexed + rooted: P5220-4.4-stock-deodexed-rooted(fixed).zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.
    Hooray, it worked. The ROM is installed but appears to lack root although I selected the rooted one. I suppose that I can flash the update supersu 2.07 zip and that will do the job. I'll read the OP first.....
    Thanks!!!
    Just added a deodexed + rooted build. Enjoy!
    links for patched / fixed versions are now up. All should be well
    @quijote1

Would you be willing to test by chance?
    Hmm

HI,

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Apex Launcher