[ROM][MIUIv5_ZTE_Blade_Q_Maxi][custom_rom]

Search This thread

NeNo_Ri

Oct 9, 2014
@vaserbanix: Excellent job!!! :good::good:

For now I didn't find any problem with this rom. Everything works ok. Nice thing is usage of SD card as phone memory.
Is it possible to have system language other then English? This phone is for my kids and I would like to change system language so they can understand what they are doing. :)

EDIT: I found a way using jBart to modifie your rom with additional system language.

Last edited:
Reactions: vaserbanix

mario_87

Jul 17, 2011
Belgrade
Great, But...

I re-ported(adapted to ZTE Blade Q Maxi) this rom from Huawei y511
original port is here and is made
by "nambba"
all creditts to him
instalation process work only with CWM

make first a backup of previous rom wich work on your phone

you do it on your risck, no more waranty and all the rest

how to install
download and copy the rom archive to sdcard
reboot in recovery
"wipe data factory resset/ yes format"
"advanced/wipe dalvick cache/ yes"
"install zip from sdcard/choose zip/(sellect the rom archive)/yes install"
when it finish, the phone will boot alone

Download

Enjoy

I hope you like what i do and aspect feedback from you

XDA:DevDB Information
Miui_v5_Blade_Q_Maxi, ROM for the ZTE Blade

Contributors
vaserbanix
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Miui

Version Information

Created 2014-08-31
Last Updated 2014-08-31

Great sistem, but little unstable, some app dont work corect, exple, Yotube, face viber and what up lat for sync messages, etc. but still grat and beauty...

vaserbanix

Nov 12, 2010
Bucharest
@vaserbanix is it possible to unlock Zte after installing this rom?
I tried 2. method from this post http://xdaforums.com/zte-blade/general/free-zte-blade-q-maxi-t2827111
but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance...
Is not possible to unlock the phone just flashin this rom.
If that 2 methods doesnt work, you must format the phone with spflashtool and then reflash a full backup of a stok rom or custom with the same spflashtool.

Trimis de pe al meu Blade Q Maxi

tyty3006

Dec 22, 2014
cwm recovery

Scuze petru deraj.
Vreau sa instalez rom - MIUI pentru Orange Reyo dar nu am gasit nicaieri cum sa instalez cwm recovery.
Ma poti ajuta,
Multumesc.

Aimbot91

Aug 7, 2012
Valjevo
Really great port[emoji4] But l have issue with touch buttons[emoji20] I can't turn off vibration.I go to Sound and turn it off but after reboot vibration is on again?!Any fix for this issue?

Sent from HTC Desire 816 Dual with CM 12

Punkomatul

Feb 1, 2015
Amazing! Thank you very much for this port. I have had huge problems with my Reyo because of memory running out. I need a lot of apps for my work and studying (medical field) and the internal memory was never sufficent for my needs. I installed this rom (with the battery fix you mentioned) and it seems to be working very good, i will leave further feedback after a week or so of usage.

Last edited:

Punkomatul

Feb 1, 2015
So after using the ROM for a week this is my review:

It's really great as visuals and memory usage.

The battery life is pretty much the same with the default ROM (from orange Romania).

First problem i encounter is that the default Messaging app doesn't associate the contacts number with the number that sends the message. So i receive SMS from +40... numbers that i have to click in order to show me who the contact person is. I suppose it's because of the telephone country code. Also I installed Textra to replace the default app and it's not being used as the default messaging app and I couldn't find an option to do this. If you know any better app that works with this ROM I would be grateful.

Second problem is the -already reported- vibrating touch that is turned ON by default. I usually use my phone on Vibrate option so that doesn't bother me as much but on loud settings it is quite unpleasing.

Also Google Chrome does not work. It crashes as i launch it. I used Dolphin and Firefox, Firefox seems to be better as speed and tab management but the flash player is not working too good (on either Dolphin or Firefox). I tested it on Twitch.tv streams that don't work at all.

I had a problem that i think is hardware-based where my SD card is "unexpectedly removed" and then remounted. The default ROM had a really big problem with this but this ROM handles it very good, it just remounts the SD card and no other problems involved.

Last problem is that i cannot Log In in the Medscape app that i used very often. It says I have an Ad-Blocking Software that blocks the signing in process. (I do not have such an app)

All in all it's a great improvement of the default ROM and I will continue to use it until something better comes out.

RATING 4,5/5

Thank you very much for the work on this ROM.

vaserbanix

Nov 12, 2010
Bucharest
@Punkomatul
-for chrome, you need to install a ful gapps 4.2.1 or 4.2.2
-for Ad-Blocking chek the security access if that app is "trusted" or the su rights if its the case

Trimis de pe al meu ZTE Blade Q Maxi

SeraphusDreaming

Feb 16, 2015
few minor issues

This is really fantastic ROM, I've been using it for more than month and it's working really well.
Since using it I've noticed only few minor issues :

1. When notification is not set to autohide, the screen sometimes stays "streched" so the upper few inches is missing, and also everyting looks a bit streched. Only solution to this (besides using autohide) is restarting phone.

2. Camera is now only 2 mpix (should be 5).

3. Upon reboot sound settings revert to default settings (vibrate on touch dial pad touch sounds etc).

Also you did a fantastic job with using SD card as internal memory, on stock i had so much problem with installing lots of apps, this one works like charm :).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I re-ported(adapted to ZTE Blade Q Maxi) this rom from Huawei y511
    original port is here and is made
    by "nambba"
    all creditts to him
    instalation process work only with CWM

make first a backup of previous rom wich work on your phone

you do it on your risck, no more waranty and all the rest

how to install
    download and copy the rom archive to sdcard
    reboot in recovery
    "wipe data factory resset/ yes format"
    "advanced/wipe dalvick cache/ yes"
    "install zip from sdcard/choose zip/(sellect the rom archive)/yes install"
    when it finish, the phone will boot alone

Download

Enjoy

I hope you like what i do and aspect feedback from you

XDA:DevDB Information
    Miui_v5_Blade_Q_Maxi, ROM for the ZTE Blade

Contributors
    vaserbanix
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Miui

Version Information

Created 2014-08-31
    Last Updated 2014-08-31
    I cannot stress it enough how awesome you are!! The rom works flawlessly and îs the best rom I have ever used.

Cheers to you Vaserbanix, and keep 'em coming :D. Maybe soon enough we'll see a kitkat port. :)
    There is a problem, the battery tells me that 1%, I had 60% before installing this ROM. Some FIX?
    Aply the fix from Samsung rom(my previous rom) I Post there 2 way to fix the battery
    Vaserbanix, it is a phenomenal port. I haven't had the slightest of issues. It is a great rom, and it's blazing fast. This rom is perfect to fill in the wait for kitkat 4.4.

Also, have you heard any news about that lg device with kitkat and mt6572?
    This ROM is great, works fast, with MIUI store you have all, you just have to know how to configure the phone, can not talk bad if inexperienced user.

+10 Vaserbanix Thank you for share :D:D:D