[Q] hey guys. find my phone wont work.

Search This thread

cmoneto

Mar 29, 2011
lima
hey guys i notice that "find my Phone feature wont work." i recently did the unlock hack via registry. is theres a way that may have done something ?? i have a Lg optimus 7

thanks
cm

elektryk

Mar 17, 2011
hey guys i notice that "find my Phone feature wont work." i recently did the unlock hack via registry. is theres a way that may have done something ?? i have a Lg optimus 7
Check with another phone carier, I have same problem on one carrier it works, on another not. For tests use another phone number, it is not required that SIM card be in WP7 phone. If carier "support" this feature you will get SMS from microsoft, if not you are unlucky.
I guess microsoft (from live.com) use some global SMS carier and some carriers in different countries have not configured their gateways to accept this messages.

kapanak

Nov 3, 2010
Well, one thing I noticed is if I am on WiFi or with data on, I tend to find my phone. Microsoft uses three different methods, I believe, to find your phone. One is using the location caching sent from your phone regularly if you have that on in the setting. The other is sending an SMS to force your phone to send a location, in which case your carrier needs to support global SMS I believe, and lastly, they send an email to do the same thing the SMS intended to do.

So first thing you should do is to check whether both boxes are checked in find my phone in settings. Secondly, be patient, if Microsoft can't locate it right away, they will send you an email when they do find it.