GPE Android 4.3 OTA update changelog

Search This thread

anekin007

May 15, 2013
Only thing that is keeping me from switching to the GE is the TV app. Theres nothing in the google play store that comes close.

devinthomas

May 16, 2013
I read from a couple reports that the fancy new Virtual Surround Sound would be active on all devices with stereo speakers. Can anyone confirm or deny any difference on their updated device?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Xaroc8

Aug 3, 2013
Surrey
www.androidcoliseum.com
I read from a couple reports that the fancy new Virtual Surround Sound would be active on all devices with stereo speakers. Can anyone confirm or deny any difference on their updated device?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

yes, the sound is greatly improved since GE 4.2, no more tinny sound. The previous sound issues was caused by the Beats toggle conflicting with the built in equalizer of Google, but it's all good and sounds amazing now. I also notice the overall volume is much louder than before too.

I can also report that Picasa Sync and Photosphere are all working fine. Photosphere is fixed in 4.3 as well, as in 4.2.2 is was horrible and had overlapping errors when sticking the pictures, but now it smooths out much better.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I noticed that some of the htc framework files that were present in the 4.2.2 build are not in 4.3. It seems like more of a proper build and less of a Frankenstein build

dryspuri

Oct 15, 2009
Chennai
Custom kernels and custom GE roms have solved that problem long ago

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

well I know that, I am saying this should be an option in stock rom, as few of us dont want to root!!

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

guys does any of you know is there similar conversion procedure as given by @graffixnyc in galaxy s 4, wanted to pick one for wife!

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
Can someone provide me the direct link for the OTA from the google servers?

pr0x2

Mar 22, 2010
Also 4.3 has "trim" something PC uses for ssd hard drives. The nexus 7 became so slow because the flash memory was not properly removed and overwritten.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Can anyone verify if Virtual Surround is there? Our speakers sound pretty damn good without it, but I was just wondering.
I didn't see any settings for it anywhere.

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Can anyone verify if Virtual Surround is there? Our speakers sound pretty damn good without it, but I was just wondering.

Hell yes it is and its amazing.... stock 4.2.2 Sense had a form of it due to the dual speakers but this made it awesome.

Go to YouTube and type Nexus Surround. Click the first video (Google demo video) and listen.. its pretty amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Phone Edition 4.3 changelog

New radio, kernel, recovery, hboot.

System changes
    Larger icons
    IR blaster enabled ( TV remote )
    Improved screen calibration
    Vibration intensity change
    Audio improvements
    Bluetooth enhancements
    Proximity sensor more accurate
    Charging improvements
    Smoother UI navigation experience
    Faster animations/transitions
    Slightly updated recovery mode with larger font

Info
    Android version: 4.3.0
    HTC build number: 3.06.1700.10
    Build number: JWR66V.H10
    Build date: August 1st 2013
    Kernel version: 3.4.10
    Kernel build date: August 1st 2013
    Radio version: 4A.18.3263.15_10.38h.1157.04L
    Hboot version: 1.54.0000
    Hboot build date: August 1st 2013
    OpenDSP version: v31.120.274.0617

Hell yes it is and its amazing.... stock 4.2.2 Sense had a form of it due to the dual speakers but this made it awesome.

Go to YouTube and type Nexus Surround. Click the first video (Google demo video) and listen.. its pretty amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    HTC has to do something about Bloody black bar
    It's the app developers fault the black bar is there in the first place, they need to update their apps. HTC are just following the new Google guidelines.
    Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
    That will be the biggest they I wanted ...could you try to get it really working ...like on a TV
    Not tonight.
    I'm out.

EDIT..
    Pointed it at a sony tv. It turned off when I pressed the button IR works.
    People please tell me which app for checking ir blaster

download any free ir blaster program from the play store. point the phone at something.
    if you point it at a webcam you'll see the ir pulse.