S5 Apps that work on our Sprint S4 Updated 080414

Search This thread

amieldl143

Oct 3, 2008
Brentwood
Oh good to know. Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate that. I know you said the contacts worked but I didn't know about the dialer too. Thanks again.:good:

Actually everything works.. I had too many tweaks and stuff in my rom. Did a clean install and apps I needed. Then flashed it.. worked well..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: a.lteef.washali

a.lteef.washali

Oct 19, 2013
Sana'a
Hey there

I have the S5 weather widget
But I can't make visible on the lock screen
I've installed S5 settings but can't find this option on lock screen settings
How can I do that ?

I'm on Sacs rom v6

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

mxmr

Jan 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Anyone have any luck flashing the new dialer/contacts on stock NG2? I tried on a clean installation of stock NG2 but I get stuck in a bootloop. Same when I push the apps and framework and set permissions manually, still bootloop. Thoughts?

SystemUI (only other app I tried besides the dialer) works fine though.

Reactions: crevis24

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
Anyone have any luck flashing the new dialer/contacts on stock NG2? I tried on a clean installation of stock NG2 but I get stuck in a bootloop. Same when I push the apps and framework and set permissions manually, still bootloop. Thoughts?

SystemUI (only other app I tried besides the dialer) works fine though.

Yeah I tried the dialer/contacts but when you make a call you get force closes for the in call ui and you can't hang up. Also contacts force closes sometimes.

I use the s5 launcher, weather widget, browser, my files, calculator, s voice, and s finder with no problems at all.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I tried to get sacs s5 settings with the system update working but it never shows the settings app after I replace the old files with the new ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: crevis24 and mxmr

crevis24

Feb 4, 2008
Raleigh
Any chance someone could update this dialer to work with ng2? Love the s5 dialer, but it won't work on ng2, as it was made for NAE. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lajara4G

pgriffinsc

Dec 20, 2010
Charleston,S.C.
---Would anyone with a rooted Sprint Galaxy S5,running a stock odexed rom,be nice enough to share their SecPhone and SecContacts apks,and corresponding odex files?

Last edited:
Reactions: nyfl2004

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
So did the tw home fc ever get resolved?

I tried settings and an getting tw home has stopped. I am using a s5 tw home.

I would be willing to send files needed and test if someone wants to make this work for the l720/l720t phones.

bummerbee

Nov 23, 2014
Update: incall has started to force close on me.

Little update to my earlier question. The s5 dialer and contact apk works on stock rooted NG2. Finally got it to work without flashing a custom recovery as I kept getting errors. I don't know what I did wrong but it just never fully flashed or something.

Anyways, I just renamed the incallui, contacts, and phone apps from the zip with a 2 in the name and copy and pasted them over to sys/priv-app. Created a folder called "saved things" on my SD card and took the stock phone and contact apks and corresponding odex files in the sys/priv-app folder and moved them to the new "saved things" folder, thus leaving only the renamed s5 apks in there place. Restarted my phone and voila, it works. I don't know why but trying to rename the stock apks to bak and trying to flash the zip file never worked for me. The flash repeatedly failed. Anyways, no more ugly white dialer screen and loving the pop up caller.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2WhiteWolves

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s5apps4s4_zps4a101e1f.png
    Here are downloads for some of the S5 apps that work on our S4. These are all apps that I use myself including the S5 Touchwiz, Notification panel, mms and more. For the apks in the system... folders please backup your original files and copy and paste the files. Make sure to set the proper permissions and then reboot. I would copy and paste them all from the system folder including app, priv_app and lib then reboot. The other apks install like normal apps. I am not responsible if your brick your phone. Always make a nandroid backup first. For me most of these worked on oxed stock rooted phone and all work on my phone running Sacs 4.4.2 v6. I did not port these apps over and I take no credit for most of them. I am just sharing here so people with the Sprint S4 can have them as well. Good luck and enjoy.:laugh:

S5 Apps in zip:
    SBrowser -- Thanks to vicl89
    SPlanner -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
    App that fixes birthday notifications fc -- Thanks to Able95 Install like normal app
    Accuweather -- Thanks to Able95
    Calculator -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
    MyFiles -- Thanks to Able95
    MMS -- Taken from ND2 S5 Rom by tdunham
    SFinder -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
    TouchWizHome (Fully working with ThemeChooser, WallpaperPicker, WallpaperCropper and PullUp) -- Thanks to Arsaw
    SystemUI -- Thanks to Able95
    GroupPlay -- Thanks to Able95
    Video -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
    SNote -- Thanks to Able95
    S-Voice -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
    Watchon -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5
    Updated Watchon -- Thanks to Able95 Install like normal app
    Optical Reader -- Taken from my Girlfriends S5

https://www.mediafire.com/?j1s6mhhdrax5g21

S4 Settings with Added features
    If you want the stock S4 settings with the added download booster and App opps use this file. I decompliled the apk added two lines of code and compiled and signed the apk. It works on my s4 with no problems.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/mrizvs8byibxb0c/SecSettings.apk

For Sounds and wallpapers use this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2692969

To flash the s5 icons use this thread.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682162

For updated video player with option to have transparent bar use this. Thanks to @$ideWinder
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52990443&postcount=2271

S5 Voice Note App -- Thanks to citymen34
    https://mega.co.nz/#!zwh0hSxQ!PcbaecrBn-LE3RCvw7mdHOaBZtxnKqRLnq9rl3JnWm8
    Make sure to rename the old files first to .bak then copy and paste the system/app and system/framework file into the right folders and set proper permissions. rw-r--r--. Then reboot and enjoy the new app.

Update

S5 Settings with System Update -- Thanks to sac23
    Download. Rename old SecSettings.apk in system/priv-app to SecSettings.apk.bak and paste S5 Settings and change permissions to rw-r--r--. Reboot and enjoy.

S5 Contacts and Dialer with working Call Pop-up from S5 -- Thanks to sac23
    Click here to download.Rename SecContacts and SecPhone to .bak and then boot into recovery and make a backup and then flash the zip. Let me know if it works.

↓↓↓ For more updates click the button ↓↓↓

OLD S5 Dialer and Contacts old pop-up window -- Thanks to citymen34, sac23 and myself
    Here is the dark themed S5 Dialer and Contacts. Go into system/priv-app and rename the SecContacts and SecPhone Apks to .bak and then boot into recovery. This should be able to flash through recovery. First make a Nandroid backup. Very Important. Then flash. If for some reason it doesn't flash then just copy all of the files from the folders to the correct locations. For the Framework ones copy to the root of the system folder first and set the proper permission rw-r--r-- then copy and replace the current files in the framework folder. Your phone will most likely reboot and that's ok. If for some reason it gets stuck on the boot screen then go into recovery and restore your system folder. Good luck and please let me know if the flash works and if the dialer and contacts are working for you.

My Magazines
    S4 framework-res.apk framework.jar and Magazines.apk and Headlines.apk to get My Magazines to work. FIRST MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!! Very Important. Try and flash this through recovery and let me know if it works. It should work just fine if not do a custom restore from the backup you made of your system folder. If you don't want to flash it or the flash doesn't work copy the files from the zip to the base of the system folder. Then set the proper permissions of rw-r--r--. Now go into system/framework and make a copy of the framework-res.apk and framework.jar. Now copy and paste the two file on the base of the system to the framework folder and press yes to both pop-up windows. Your phone might restart if so let it go through the restart. If not continue to copy and paste the magazines.apk and Headlines.apk files into system/app and set the proper permissions rw-r--r--. Now restart your phone and you should be good to go. On the home screen of the S5 Touchwiz scroll to the left and see if Magazines works now. If it isn't enables press down on a blank area on the screen and select Home Screen Settings. Now press the check box next to My Magazines. You should be good to go from there. Let me know if this works for everyone. Thanks.Click Here to download

S5 Music Player fully working -- Thanks to $ideWinder
    Download here You can try to flash this in recovery as I made it a flashable version. My first one so let me know if it works or not. If not then just Copy and Paste all files into the specific directories and set the proper permissions rw-r--r--. Rename the old music player files to .bak, use the zip to see which file and where they are located and then reboot. IMPORTANT!!! Before opening the music app go to settings--App Manager and then clear the data for the Media Server and for the Music Player. Then you will be able to use the music player with no problems. It may take a few minutes for your music to appear just be patient and wait and enjoy.
    Guide to using Root Explorer to make the Music Player work is HERE.Please press the Thanks button if I have helped you. Thank you.

SHealth working -- Thanks to Sac23
    Flash THIS in recovery. Then the app will update once you open it.

Wallpaper chooser for S5 Touchwiz home with added S4/S5/Note 2 & 3 wallpapers. I decompiled the apk and added the wallpapers and recompiled and signed the apk. Tested and working on Sprint S4 running Sacs 4.4.2 v4 which is a deodexed rom. Just copy and paste the apk into system/priv_app and set the proper permissions. rw-r--r-- and then reboot.
    Download Here

If this thread was helpful please press the Thanks button.
    You should post the credit for each one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Done. Please press the Thanks button if you download the apps. Thank you.
    I tried it went into bootloop...Luckily backed up framework..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
    Updated. Added the S5 music player fully working. Credit is above.
    Make sure to rename the .odex to .odex.bak for the files you use from the zip and then reboot and see if it works.