[GB][08-09-2012] CyanogenMod 7 for Motorola Milestone 2 (Android 2.3.7)

Search This thread

caionavas

Feb 11, 2008
Lisali, did you solve your gps problem? Both fasterfix or GPS status solved the problem for me...

Caio Navas

1of16

Jan 20, 2009
I got a little problem with the hard AND software keyboard...
instead of "€" i only can use the "$" sign...
is there something I can do, to fix the keymapping on my german ms2?

or.green

Feb 5, 2011
Hello,
I'm running the latest Rom and am having a very strange intermittent problem with my hw keyboard.
It seems to go into this mode where it treats any input as a keyboard shortcut (pressing C anywhere gets me to the contacts page, even in the play market search).

Any ideas?

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

Reactions: djlooka

caionavas

Feb 11, 2008
Hello,
I'm running the latest Rom and am having a very strange intermittent problem with my hw keyboard.
It seems to go into this mode where it treats any input as a keyboard shortcut (pressing C anywhere gets me to the contacts page, even in the play market search).

Any ideas?

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

Go to Settings / Applications / Quick Launch and disable the shortcuts... it worked for me!

Reactions: djlooka

caionavas

Feb 11, 2008
Hi - I think it's working a bit better now, but need to test it a bit more. Will update when I have more data. :)

I found something interesting... the GPS doesn't fix the satellite signal while my car audio is on! When I turn off the radio, it finds from 9 to 10 satellites, and fixes from 6 to 9... when I turn on the radio, it loses almost all signal (find 1 or 2 satellites, and fixes to none).

Any ideas? (Changing my phone, car audio or the car itself is out of que$tion... :) )

Caio Navas

captainhase

May 22, 2007
I found something interesting... the GPS doesn't fix the satellite signal while my car audio is on! When I turn off the radio, it finds from 9 to 10 satellites, and fixes from 6 to 9... when I turn on the radio, it loses almost all signal (find 1 or 2 satellites, and fixes to none).

Any ideas? (Changing my phone, car audio or the car itself is out of que$tion... :) )

Caio Navas

Maybe your cars antenna is in the frontwindow/glas?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA

captainhase

May 22, 2007
Yes, it is! Good point! But, why the hell it happens? They share the same frequency, maybe? It's hardware related or there's some option in our phone or ROM to fix it? I've never heard anyone complaining about it...

Caio Navas

If you use your radio, your frontwindow is like barrier for your GPS signal. And I guess your mobile's signalstrength will go down, too.
Perhaps you are the only one with such a new/ modern car ;)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA

Davith

Apr 11, 2010
Tezet, will you be releasing a last update based on the changes from CM 7.2 RC1?

It'd be a nice farewell to Gingerbread. :p

Reactions: saddambea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod 7 for Motorola Milestone 2

This is an unofficial Milestone 2 port of CM7.

[ Downloads | Google apps ]

Known limitations
    • 720P recording is not working
    • ALT lock does not work

Changelog:

08.09.2012 - Upgraded CM sources
    01.09.2012 - Added OTA updater, upgraded CM sources
    21.02.2012 - Upgraded CM sources (fixed blank screen after unlocking issue)
    09.02.2012 - Upgraded CM sources
    22.01.2012 - Backported ICS animations, UK 2.3.4 fingerprint, fixed Exchange FC for polish locale
    04.01.2012 - Upgraded CM sources (e.g. T9 dialer)
    29.11.2011:
    • Moved device specific settings to its own tree in the settings
    • Added lower backlight level
    • New multitouch module (no delay at startup)
    • Stock compass callibration app and audio effects
    20.11.2011 - Hopefully fixed some wifi issues
    18.11.2011 - Wifi tethering does not need DUN APN anymore
    18.11.2011 - Fingerprint changed to UK 2.2 (fix Market from hiding some apps)
    12.11.2011 - Tweaked CPU, camera, build.prop and recovery settings (Endless7);
    settings for Droid2Bootstrap (will not destroy 2nd-init anymore)

11.11.2011 - Added keyboard switching, option to force PLMN display, more multitouch points
    08.11.2011 - Fixed camera's photos
    08.11.2011 - Initial release

Note:

If you have updated to stock gingerbread, you can't use this rom until you downgrade.

Instructions for upgrading from stock ROM:
    1) Install Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Optionally: create a backup of your data
    4) Choose Install zip from sdcard -> Choose zip from sdcard and select downloaded ZIP file.
    5) Optionally: install Google Apps the same way
    6) Wipe data/factory reset
    7) Wipe cache partition
    8) Reboot and enjoy :)
    9) Optionally: use attached Baseband switcher app if you have troubles with phone signal.

Instructions for subsequent upgrades or upgrade from any CM7.x ROM:
    1) Boot into recovery (long power off -> Reboot)
    2) Choose "Install zip from sdcard" -> "Choose zip from sdcard" and select downloaded ZIP file.
    3) Advanced -> Wipe battery stats
    4) Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache
    5) Reboot and enjoy :)

As you can see, the update from the stock ROM requires a complete wipe, so be sure to backup your important data!

GIT sources:
    repo init -u git://github.com/tezet/android.git -b gingerbread
    Any collaborators are more than welcomed! :)

Donations
    If you like and appreciate my work, and you may donate here (now in English).

Many thanks to Quarx for his Defy port and all folks involved in Milestone2@XDA.
    I've updated the ROM. It will most probably be the last version on Froyo kernel. Next versions will bring support for EU GB kernel users.
    To keep CM7 alive: updated to latest CM7 + added OTA updater.
    I'm uploading new version. I hope most demanded fixes and features are in place now. I'll switch to ICS development now, so don't expect any significant changes for gingerbread (at least in near future).
    tezet, pls make a GB EU version to this rom. i have 2.3.6 stock on my milestone, just waiting for a GB version to flash it. this is the best rom for ml2!! :)

+1

I will definetly use this ROM, there are a lot of users who can't downgrade and would love to have CM7!!