3D Tardis Case

Search This thread

Lil B Rules All

Jan 31, 2011
Phoenix AZ
Hey guys! Does anyone know of anywhere to purchase a Doctor Who Tardis Case for our Nexus 5 that is more than just a picture? I think it would be cool to have the case look like the Tardis but also have the squares/windows have a bit of texture to them to add some grip. Does anyone know if there's anything like this out there? If not, would anyone be interested if I started a kickstarter like campaign to make them for not just the Nexus 5 but others as well?

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!

Hey guys! Does anyone know of anywhere to purchase a Doctor Who Tardis Case for our Nexus 5 that is more than just a picture? I think it would be cool to have the case look like the Tardis but also have the squares/windows have a bit of texture to them to add some grip. Does anyone know if there's anything like this out there? If not, would anyone be interested if I started a kickstarter like campaign to make them for not just the Nexus 5 but others as well?

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!

Just did a Google search for Nexus 5 Tardis, Ebay was first:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=nexus+case+doctor+who

Lil B Rules All

Jan 31, 2011
Phoenix AZ
Just did a Google search for Nexus 5 Tardis, Ebay was first:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=nexus+case+doctor+who

Ya I saw these ones. But I was wondering if people would be interested in a case that had depth to it. So instead of the back being smooth, it would actually have ridges and pockets and such. This way you have extra grip as well as a tiny Tardis Replica on the back of your phone. It would increase the phone's thickness but not by much.

palabook

May 5, 2012
i have the spigen ultra hybrid case then printed the tardis image =======
1XeJxoHl.jpg

Lil B Rules All

Jan 31, 2011
Phoenix AZ
i have the spigen ultra hybrid case then printed the tardis image =======
1XeJxoHl.jpg

That looks really nice! Maybe I will just do that. I drew up the tardis case in solidworks and I think im going to have a local shop 3D print it for me to see how it looks. It makes the phone a little thicker but not by much. They are less than $10 to have printed too! So I will see how the plastic looks and feels for a phone case.

Lil B Rules All

Jan 31, 2011
Phoenix AZ
So this is the kind of thing I was talking about. This is just a quick draw up of what im thinking. i will put more effort into the design if I end up making it into a case, but from here on it will take a lot of time probably and I don't want to move forward if i'm gonna only print one for me. If you all would be interested or know anyone who might be, then I would put some time into it. Let me know what you guys think!!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 163

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
I'm in, if you make a proper good looking case, I'll throw some money your way ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk