My Recent Flashing Experience (Note3 N900W8)

Search This thread

redz1234

Jul 16, 2007
Manitoba
So with trying to help and give back to the community I'm going to post my recent flashing experience.

So here's a little history.. I have a N900W8 from MTS. (Manitoba Telephone System).

Couple months back when the Tel Cel base came out I wanted root so I flashed using the following guide.
-- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2614772

This worked out well and the stock rom w/ root was very stable, CWM boot loader..

So now that this new build 'NB7' came out it got me itching to flash again.. LoL

I met all the requirements for 4.4.2 boot loader and such so I decided to flash xnote13 w/ civ snapkat kernel.

This setup worked well.. The rom had a few glitches but was very quick and the best of all I could change the DPI.

I didnt setup the rom 100% as I was feeling it out. After a day or so I decided to flash to stock NB7 and then flash xnote13 again so I can have the updated NB7 modem.

Oh Man.. This is where the fun begins.. So I hit up sammobile and grabbed the latest rogers rom as I noticed all the Canadian roms used the same PDA/CSC/MODEM.
-- http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26660
PDA: N900W8VLUCNB7
CSC: N900W8OYACNB7
MODEM: N900W8VLUCNB7

I take this rom, flash it on my phone via Odin.. What I notice is the model# and build change to reflect NB7 but the baseband was still MJ4.

I flash 2-3x and still no change.. I'm like wtf..

At this point I'm confused as to why I cannot upgrade this baseband.

I then decided to flash the CSC from the guide I used earlier. As I had a multi-csc installed from when I had flashed Xnote13.
-- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2614772

After this I flashed the NB7 rom again via Odin and boom. The baseband reflected NB7.

I noticed my phone had a few Bell apps. When I looked into this I found out its due to the CSC. I tried the method mentioned in most posts *#272*YOURIMEI# but this wouldnt work. I would get instant error messages.

I then found this app on google play which people mentioned having success with.
-- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manniakk.cscselector

I used this app w/ root I was able to bring up a list of the CDN CSC codes. Whats funny is there is no list anywhere on the internet that has what CSC code belongs to which provider.

By going through sammobile and using some good guessing I was able to figure out what most of them are with some exceptions.. I couldnt find MTS...

I ended up choosing MTA and rebooted my phone but sure enough Bell apps were still there.. Tried a few more things and couldnt get past that so I just said forget it.

I decided to keep the Stock NB7 4.4.2 rom w/ root... I frooze all that Bell **** and there's no branding whats so ever.

The rom is working flawless. During this process I rooted the phone multiple times and flashed the NB7 rom multiple times via Odin. At no point did my Knox trip..

As of right now I have CWM as the bootloader and Knox is still 0x0.

Sorry for the long read.. If you have any questions lemme know.

ReDz

Doodless

Jun 21, 2014
Can you help me with rooting my phone? There's too much guides out there for specific models so it confuses me lol. My Note 3's model is the N900W8, running on KitKat 4.4.2, kernal 3.4.0-859721, and the baseband # is N900W8VLUCNB7. I just want to root it so I can remove all the bloatware. I don't plan on adding any ROMs to it unless it's close to looking like stock because I still want the SPEN features without all the fancy stuff

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Can you help me with rooting my phone? There's too much guides out there for specific models so it confuses me lol. My Note 3's model is the N900W8, running on KitKat 4.4.2, kernal 3.4.0-859721, and the baseband # is N900W8VLUCNB7. I just want to root it so I can remove all the bloatware. I don't plan on adding any ROMs to it unless it's close to looking like stock because I still want the SPEN features without all the fancy stuff

I've replied to your other thread in Q & A, but if you just want to root, flash this file using odin. It might or it might not trip Knox on your phone. Make sure reactivation lock is off before flashing.

zelenko

Jun 4, 2010
Skopje

Do you try with towelroot ?