[ALPHA3][ROM][4.1.2]CyanogenMod 10 UNOFFICIAL[1/4]

Search This thread

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012
Hey guys, I've been lurking around waiting for the kinks to get worked out of this ROM. I just bought my note II a few days ago and love it. I got mixed up earlier and accidentally read some of the posts for sprint instead of verizon's note II so I'm not sure if anyone on verizon is having any LOS problems. If so, it may not be due to this rom, because I'm running completely unmodified and am having some issues with sms's not going through until after several tries. Just thought I would throw that out there in case it helps someone

And thanks to the devs taking time to work on this for everyone else's benefit. Can't wait to run this thing daily!

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah I was having issues on stock 4.1.1 TouchWiz with sending SMS at times. Sometimes it would only work sending it to certain people, other times it would crap out entirely and I wouldn't be able to send any texts at all.

So I don't believe that's a ROM problem at all.

Gottoon

Jan 21, 2012
I think there might be a bug in the over the air activation (OTAA) software. No keypad opens to select the options while on the call.

After the flash I am not getting as strong 4G/3G coverage in my sparse (barly works at all) coverage area at work. Had some issues with it showing roaming as well. Figured a PRL update was in order but can't complete one. :(

Anyone know of another way to get this to update?

Gottoon

tithefug

Dec 21, 2010
I think there might be a bug in the over the air activation (OTAA) software. No keypad opens to select the options while on the call.

After the flash I am not getting as strong 4G/3G coverage in my sparse (barly works at all) coverage area at work. Had some issues with it showing roaming as well. Figured a PRL update was in order but can't complete one. :(

Anyone know of another way to get this to update?

Gottoon

I think *22891 and *22892 (I forget the difference) will automatically enter the activation menu without pressing the keypad. Report back if it doesn't.

Gottoon

Jan 21, 2012
I think *22891 and *22892 (I forget the difference) will automatically enter the activation menu without pressing the keypad. Report back if it doesn't.

thanks... the *22891 started the activation but it failed almost instantly stating it can't be programmed and to call my service provider. *22892 was some AT&T service that was no longer working. Tried it a few times without luck in the strong service area at home.

Any more suggestions?

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
Why does the external sd card go to /storage/sdcard0 or 1(forgot which one) but the touchwiz is /storage/extSdCard.

Breaks things for me trying to switch back and forth. Every time I have gone AOSP I nandroid back because I don't want to deal with it.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

nnnnr14

Apr 19, 2012
Lagrange
www.youtube.com
Why does the external sd card go to /storage/sdcard0 or 1(forgot which one) but the touchwiz is /storage/extSdCard.

Breaks things for me trying to switch back and forth. Every time I have gone AOSP I nandroid back because I don't want to deal with it.

Probably has a sd swap embedded somewhere in the rom, I'm not 100% sure about that but that's what it does.

krayzee

Nov 22, 2007

it's something to do with Multi-user support going forward i believe.

Gottoon

Jan 21, 2012
The external one is sdcard1 the internal is sdcard0.
I believe it is mounted this way in touchwiz as well as the extscard name. This should help with development as time goes on because it will be uniform structure for all devices no matter the manufacturer.

At least this something I have seen on the newer phones. Have not read up on this anywhere yet.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Mmmmm nope I can confirm for TouchWiz 4.1.1 the actual SD card is /storage/extSDcard/ not one of the /sdcard0/ etc.

Wonder whats up with that. Maybe Sammy just lagged on making the change for the Note 2. Hope this doesn't cause any problems in the future :(

sbergman27

Jan 9, 2013
Severely reduced Bluetooth Audio range?

One thing I've notice since I flashed Alpha3 over the Samsung factory image is dramatically reduced Bluetooth audio range. I have to keep the phone in the shirt pocket closest to the ear my bluetooth device is in. And even then reception is very spotty. It's nice that BT audio streaming works in Alpha3. But is anyone else noticing this range problem?

Thanks,
Steve Bergman

sbergman27

Jan 9, 2013
I'm not trying to rush at all but i was just wondering if we will see cm10.1 in the near future?

My understanding is that the only major todo preventing an alpha 1 release is the lack of in-call audio. There's some debate as to whether that should be a considered a show-stopper for a phone OS, which is, I think, an interesting reflection on our community. ;)

See sbrissen's Twitter feed for details.

Reactions: guthrien

Breezer23

Nov 20, 2009
Chicagoish
My understanding is that the only major todo preventing an alpha 1 release is the lack of in-call audio. There's some debate as to whether that should be a considered a show-stopper for a phone OS, which is, I think, an interesting reflection on our community. ;)

See sbrissen's Twitter feed for details.

Hahahahaa!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for bad things that may occur as a result of flashing this.

These are Unofficial CM 10 builds for the Verizon Note 2 I605.

PreReq: Bootloader Unlocked!
    This needs to be flashed in CWM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2045587)

Instructions:
    -Download and copy rom to sdcard
    -Download and copy gapps to sdcard (http://goo.im/gapps)
    -Reboot into recovery (CWM)
    -Flash rom
    -Flash gapps
    -Wipe data/cache
    -Reboot

Known Bugs:
    - no streaming music over BT
    - nfc might not work?
    - Orientation sensor is delayed in kicking on, can take a minute to start working
    - GPS may or may not work

[Alpha 1]ROM:http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390225151984927045
    Changes:
    - Initial Release

[Alpha 2] ROM:http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763195
    Changes:
    -Upstream CM changes
    -Orientation sensor is "better" (After a reboot, screen off/on and it will kick in)
    -Fix LPM (Charging while phone is off)
    -Fix Camera fw being copied (should fix camera issues)
    -Boost audio volumes

[Alpha 3] ROM: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763996
    Changes:
    - Upstream CM changes
    - A2DP fix (streaming audio over bluetooth)
    - Removed preset Network mode/selection (allows for more network modes)

Thanks for all my testers and those that help me get a note 2!

Credits:
    Team Hacksung
    CM
    TSM
    imnuts
    slick_rick
    AdamOutler/Ralekdev
    just letting you guys know I won't have an update till after christmas I'm still actively working on it. holidays are pretty busy for me.

I haven't stopped working on this just nothing to justify another build. I'm currently wrestling with sensors/gps which have some ties. As soon as I have something it will be posted here!

Alpha 2 has landed. Give it a flash guys ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Any word on official support, like the other note 2 variants?
    Sbrissen said he will go for official support once the holidays are over. Also, only the n7100 is official right now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2