[Q] stupid stupid stupid!!!!!!! DESPERATELY NEED HELP ON THIS ONE!!!

Search This thread
Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
hey guys/gals, let me start off by saying that i knew better but as always i screwed up by letting my add get the best of me! i relocked bootloader to RUU to stock . problem is that i didnt load the correct splash1 first! now when i try to flash anything i get the signature error. im hoping that a work-around is available. i tried the htcdev but get an error 160 MID not allowed. tried the toolkit(s) available, NO ADB!!! soooo here i am hoping that you guys might have experienced a moment of dumbness as i did....i get a multitude of errors when trying to flash stuff (error 12 sig failure,wrong main version error)...was unlocked and rooted per rumrunner (THANKS BEAUPS!!!!!) prior to my screw up... heres what i have

s-on
hboot-1.33.0001
radio-1.01.1112
baseband-1.01.01.1112
version main-3.06.605.4
cid-VZW_001
bootloader-041a62aa
(lmk if any further info is needed)

like i stated before , i know i needed to flash splash1 BEFORE locking bootloader but in my defense i had my 11 week old son in my arms (multitasking FAIL) , so if you guys have ANY suggestion please feel free to lmk...THANKS IN ADVANCE as this is a new problem for me!

Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
i did try to re run rumrunner and moonshine (even though i knew moonshine wouldnt work) but as i said , i have no adb and usb debugging s questionable, although i can use fastboot to rebootRUU

finanandroid

Oct 11, 2010
Virginia
or is the 2nd one no good without the 1st? im sorry , i just dont want to screw up anymore than i already have ya know

Reboot bootloader, the second firmware is the new Hboot 1.54.0000 need it to run the new Ruu. hope it help

after reboot bootloader confirm that your hboot is the new. so you can go ahead with the ruu

Last edited:
Reactions: stephenculkin6277
Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
k thanks, but I think the problem im having running the RUU is the image...whatever that is, I think the splash1 I forgot to load...I will try running the jb_50 RUU now though , thanks

Jan 11, 2014
Reidsville
Try this, access to fastboot first then connect usb to pc

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48680578&postcount=44

Reboot bootloader, the second firmware is the new Hboot 1.54.0000 need it to run the new Ruu. hope it help

after reboot bootloader confirm that your hboot is the new. so you can go ahead with the ruu

sorry , I spoke too soon...I just finished running RUU and you have solved the mystery!!! much gracias my friend!!! I cant thank you enough!!!

Phaded

Apr 6, 2010
Instructions clearly said the splash image was only for custom splash images. It is not a necessary step.

Sent from my DLX using xda app-developers app

Reactions: stephenculkin6277

Top Liked Posts