[APP] GMarks - Calling for translators!

Search This thread

tomstrummer

Jul 20, 2010
Swedish

If you need Swedish i can help out

I could definitely use Swedish! I will send instructions shortly.

To everyone else -- thanks so much for your help, the response has been overwhelming! For a couple translations, the changes.txt might have some problems with the character set. Portuguese, Turkish, Greek and Spanish all seem to have odd characters in the text file because it's not saved as UTF-8. If you're using Windows, you can't use Notepad, it needs to be something like the free editor Notepad++ and then you need to go into the 'Format' menu and select UTF-8 and re-save. On Mac, an editor like TextWrangler lets you change the caracter encoding in the "Document options" menu item.

Sorry everyone that I didn't have better instructions, I think this is partially a problem of how my original changes.txt was written...

tomstrummer

Jul 20, 2010
Hi Folks! GMarks version 0.6.3 has been released to the Android Market about 10 hours ago. It includes support for all languages listed on the OP except for those marked "in progress" (Swedish, Catalan and Slovak - those will be in 0.6.4.)

Please help GMarks by downloading and rating it in the Market! If you encounter any issues, please report it so I can continue to improve the app. Thanks!

Last edited:

jetnag

Aug 28, 2010
Norwegian

Hey!

I could do a norwegian translation for this app.

Let me know :)

-jetnag

blorro

Oct 21, 2008
Gävle
Any need for Finnish translation ? I could do that. Swedish works also. Just PM me and youll get my email...

Last edited:

smth

Feb 3, 2011
I can help you with Russian and Ukrainian translation.
Pm if you`re interested. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks! Looking for community support to help translate GMarks for Android. The app is free and open-source. You can find out more about the project here:

GMarks on the Android Market
    GMarks Project page

Please reply if you're interested in helping out! Thanks!

Update: Currently I have offers/ completed translations for the following languages:
    • Spanish
    • Portuguese
    • Chinese - Simplified & Traditional - thanks eizonuts
    • Danish - Thanks LayZee
    • Polish - thanks Krygo
    • Turkish - thanks Proym
    • Serbian - thanks delicb
    • French - thanks loic
    • Greek - thanks danzax
    • German - thanks berkley
    • Hebrew - thanks Adi
    • Lithuanian - thanks LFSProvo
    • Italian - thanks Uttermarcus
    • Russian - thanks smth
    • Dutch - thanks nmx
    • Hungarian - thanks Cenzi
    • Croatian - thanks carlowise
    • Hindi - thanks Abhisek
    • Arabic - thanks Adham El-Wakeel
    • Latvian - thanks kuceens007
    • Slovenian - thanks Franci
    • Finnish - thanks Blorro
    • Czech - thanks honzika
    • Norwegian - thanks Gøran
    • Romanian - thanks tmahai20
    • Japanese - thanks Koomo
    • Swedish - thanks Blorro
    • Bulgarian - thanks p0inte

You can also see the full list of in-progress and complete translations.

There are a couple unfinished translations... If you're willing to translate for one of these languages it would be greatly appreciated:

Thanks again everyone! I am absolutely overwhelmed by the response I've received! Also I want to give as much credit as possible so if you have a Twitter handle or username you'd prefer I use in my credits, please let me know in the issue tracker on the project page.