[Q] HTC View 4G using as Wifi Only?

Search This thread

geosommer

Sep 26, 2011
Hello,

I have found that I can buy the HTC View 4g 32gb new to be cheaper than buying a HTC Flyer 16gb.

Can I use the View 4g strickly as a WIFI tablet, without constantly getting Sprint requests to join network.?

Can I assume View 4G & Flyer hardware is identical and I could just root and/or update to Honeycomb having 32gb internal instead of 16gb internal.

Thanks, as you can see I am new to this. But I succesfully rooted my
BarNes and NOble tablet to Cyanamod 7 by the "B-TEAM" and it works good.

Thanks for nay response.

geosommer

bsmoove386

Jun 7, 2008
Detroit
Hello,

I have found that I can buy the HTC View 4g 32gb new to be cheaper than buying a HTC Flyer 16gb.

Can I use the View 4g strickly as a WIFI tablet, without constantly getting Sprint requests to join network.?

Can I assume View 4G & Flyer hardware is identical and I could just root and/or update to Honeycomb having 32gb internal instead of 16gb internal.

Thanks for nay response.

geosommer

Yes alot of view users use it mainly as a wifi tablet. Just put it in airplane mode your wifi radio will still work.

Sent from Galaxy Pimp Or Die

wyldkard

Oct 23, 2010
Boston
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Hello,

Thanks for nay response.

geosommer

Yes, you can use it ad a WiFi only, you just have to disable activation once you root it.

No, Flyer roms and kernels wont work on the View and vice versa. they just happen to be very similar. That's the way you brick this tablet.

Just remember, if its not stated that's is for the view, don't risk. Find out for sure first

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium