[Q] Full 32 GB Storage?

Search This thread

chogau1

May 24, 2011
Hello,

I just bought the G2 used that has 4.2.2 so rooting should be easy; just wondering if there's any mods to be able to use the entire 32 GB storage or if any custom ROM can allow the use of the entire 32 GB of internal storage.

Thank you

NicoC72

Jan 4, 2012
Hello,

I just bought the G2 used that has 4.2.2 so rooting should be easy; just wondering if there's any mods to be able to use the entire 32 GB storage or if any custom ROM can allow the use of the entire 32 GB of internal storage.

Thank you

The internal storage chip is physically 32GB, so just like a computer hard drive, the file system will cut down on that. So no, you can't use the entire 32GB of storage, ever. However, if you install one of the lightweight ROM's you might be able to free up some space. Not entirely sure, as I just got this phone as well. Personally, I'm a bit confused on how to root this thing ATM. Should I follow Utesred's root guide, minus the reverting to 4.2.2 step?

NicoC72

Jan 4, 2012
If you are on JB 4.2.2, use this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48709232&postcount=869

Roms are around 200 megas, that should leave at least 30gb, can anyone confirm if that's the case?

32GB of flash memory is actually ~29.8GB. Conversion here. Marketed gigabyte is 1,000,000,000 bytes, but the actual size is 1,074,000,000 bytes. Android partitions the storage just like Linux, so the storage available to the end user is actually smaller than the total. These partition sizes differ based on the phone, so there might be some issues if you try to re-partition it to open up more space. If you want more room for media, best bet is to get a USB OTG cable and a small, high capacity USB drive, or some companies sell drives similar to this.

Sorry, but someone more versed in the LG G2 in particular would have to chime in to give you the specifics. You could try asking on the general G2 Q&A forums.

inspron

Apr 3, 2008
San Diego, CA
Based on the lack of basic knowledge of drive space. It would be simpler to answer the op original question as a virtually impossible task for someone of his skill level. Changing the partitions size to optimize for space brings up all kinds of problems even in a custom rom.

Top Liked Posts