Confirmation Ice Cream Sandwich for A500

Search This thread

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
I received confirmation that the Acer Iconia A500 will receive the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) in the near future. The confirmation was taken in a picture with the chat room customer service on Acer.com

11%2B-%2B1

Last edited:

mantrajt

May 3, 2009
Just more rumors to confirm :)

http://www.androidcentral.com/will-...mpaign=Feed:+androidcentral+(Android+Central)

Scroll down and you'll find

"One of the best selling Honeycomb tablets, the Acer Iconia (both the 10-inch A500 and the 7-inch A100) will see an ICS build in short order. Acer has done a great job keeping the Iconia updated, so they have practice doing this, and so far it looks like they are standing tall behind their Android tablets."

We think this trend will continue and ICS will come out of nowhere, pleasantly surprising everyone.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

tkolev

Sep 26, 2008
Sofia
Mines no rumor anymore I actually got it confirmed because of that post.

Sorry to say this but a chat with some support guy is far from a confirmation. When it's on one of Acer's official channels then it will be "confirmed". Having said this I have no doubts the A500 will be updated to ICS officially. And when it is, please do NOT update OTA. You'll probably loose root and would have to open a new 'I lost root' thread every day.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
Sorry to say this but a chat with some support guy is far from a confirmation. When it's on one of Acer's official channels then it will be "confirmed". Having said this I have no doubts the A500 will be updated to ICS officially. And when it is, please do NOT update OTA. You'll probably loose root and would have to open a new 'I lost root' thread every day.

+1 a Million times over.
I see it already how to downgrade ice for Prerooted ICS because I was to impatient to let the brilliant developers on XDA do there magic.

K

kjy2010

I received confirmation that the Acer Iconia A500 will receive the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) in the near future. The confirmation was taken in a picture with the customer service on Acer.com

the proof is on my google plus

Link Below
https://plus.google.com/101466813126468679022/posts/Vo7V7bKgM3q

Weeee there are not enough ICS threads in this forum. We need at least another three lol :eek:
That being said, of course we'll have ICS on our tabs, the question y'all should be asking is "are we all going to be old and gray when Acer finally gets around to getting it OTA?"

;)

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida

It's enough confirmation for me. Acer customer service has never let me down in the past and I highly doubt they will this time. If your waiting for the official confirmation then have fun waiting lol. It may not be the confirmation your waiting for but it is a confirmation as Acer customer service is trained about this stuff ahead of time and told what they can and can't say about it but thanks for your input. As far as the root thing goes... I know already lol

Last edited:

rbtconsultants

Oct 6, 2010
It's enough confirmation for me. Acer customer service has never let me down in the past and I highly doubt they will this time. If your waiting for the official confirmation then have fun waiting lol. It may not be the confirmation your waiting for but it is a confirmation as Acer customer service is trained about this stuff ahead of time and told what they can and can't say about it but thanks for your input. As far as the root thing goes... I know already lol

No one is this naive, are they? Really? You believe phone support call center employees are privy to unannounced company strategy decisions? Really?

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
if u call it naive then i guess I am. I have asked them similar questions before and not once have I got a answer that I have seen negative results for. So if you want to insult me and say its being naive then go ahead but that is how pleased I am with the customer service I have been given. I guess all of the developers and members of XDA I shared this information with and accepted this as a confirmation as well as I did also are naive as well too right? lol Thanks for wasting your time to call me naive :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts