[Rom] CM9 Barely Alpha ***UPDATED OP***

Search This thread

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
Ok great! And what about cm9? Is it the same? What's borked besides the radio between the two. Also what if its not the radio ics on the Atrix is having issues with but whatever kernel being used. I flashed the wrong kernel once on my Xperia x10 and didn't even realize it till I tried to make a call. My calling and texting wouldnt work till I flashed the appropriate kernel. Also does wifi work on either the aokp or cm9 port?

Also did you modify the cdma port for GSM or did you just flash and declare the Atrix 2 radio being the issue?

Edit: I didnt mean you. I was talking about the entire community here talking about the radio being the main issue and not looking at the fact that these ports were built for cdma frequencies not GSM. If the ports are running smoothly then all that needs to be done is adjusting it appropriately for GSM use

Edit edit: check out the cdma and gsm razr threads. Both phones have the exact same hardware but one is cdma and one is GSM. It has been stated several times that if you flash a cdma razr rom on a GSM razr phone that the rom would work as flawlessly as it does on a cdma razr phone but you wouldn't be able to make any calls, text, or use mobile data. I'll post one thread I found of a guy asking why people on the GSM thread haven't ported any of the roms from the cdma thread.

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA

Lol this was supposed to be a "modify" not a "quote".. my bad.. lol

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
Ok great! And what about cm9? Is it the same? What's borked besides the radio between the two. Also what if its not the radio ics on the Atrix is having issues with but whatever kernel being used. I flashed the wrong kernel once on my Xperia x10 and didn't even realize it till I tried to make a call. My calling and texting wouldnt work till I flashed the appropriate kernel. Also does wifi work on either the aokp or cm9 port?

Also did you modify the cdma port for GSM or did you just flash and declare the Atrix 2 radio being the issue?

Edit: I didnt mean you. I was talking about the entire community here talking about the radio being the main issue and not looking at the fact that these ports were built for cdma frequencies not GSM. If the ports are running smoothly then all that needs to be done is adjusting it appropriately for GSM use

Bootloader not unlocked yet = no custom kernels

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

terwine

Jul 14, 2010
York
Lol this was supposed to be a "modify" not a "quote".. my bad.. lol

Yea, in my first post I said I even tried to flash that RAZR GSM fix on the Atrix 2. Didn't really expect it to work... and it didn't. I would have to flash it again for a full list of bugs. It's my gf's phone so I don't get as much time with it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

AFAIK the only CM9 port working on this phone in any capacity was the original ROM in the OP using the unstable safestrap. Although I couldn't obviously make calls (being that the ROM was designed for a Verizon CDMA phone), I flashed the 5/3/12 D3 4.0.4 AOKP nightly and it booted fine, the phone animations, toggles, menus, etc. all ran smooth. WiFi worked. Mind you, I was just messing around with things to test functionality, I'm not really technically adept with Android/Linux other than basic flashing/rooting stuff. Didn't try GPS but again I wasn't really testing, just wanted to say I used a legit ICS rom on my Atrix 2 even if it was kinda useless :)

Last edited:

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
After tweaking the cdma rom for GSM or flashing GSM fix zips for other devices has anyone adjusted the PRL's? The prl's tell the what towers it has permission to connect to. Idk if GSM phones use prl codes but cdma phones do and if that's the case then you have a rom giving the phones radio a cdma prl.. just throwing that out there. Don't know if this will be of any help for future ics ports

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Bump.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Why even bring this back up?

As we have already said, CM9 will not work unless we get an unlocked bootloader, or we can mine some possible parts from our official ICS ROM.

Even mining from the ICS ROM, is not a guarantee that it will work, since we can't compile a 2.3.6 or ICS "stock" kernel for this phone, to compile CM9 against.

dk00

Oct 13, 2011
So there's No chance of ICS on atrix 2??

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To Flash****UPDATED******
    - Boot into safestrap
    -Select safe system
    -toggle safe system on
    (It seems we have an issue wiping the safe strap /data and /cache so these additional steps are needed for now)
    -quick toggle safe system off *****MUST BE A QUICK TOGGLE*****
    -wipe data/factory reset
    (To be safe wipe the following)
    -Wipe Cache partition
    -format /system
    -wipe dalvik cache (Found a bug in safestrap that prevents us from wiping dalvik cache see thread)
    -quick toggle safe system on *****MUST BE A QUICK TOGGLE*****
    Now, flash the rom. (Selecting external Sdcard)
    Safestrap works alot like a dual boot, so you can always return to your stock system by simply disabling safestrap in the safe boot menu.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1425026

This is ics for the droid 3 by hashcode, same guy that gave us permission to unofficially port and support safestrap. It does boot and work on our phones.

This is what i know for sure right now
    -Wifi works
    -Most tasks and apps work
    -market is broken
    -calling/texting is broken, looks like its stuck on cdma?
    -accelerometer is broken

What I'd like to see from here is some one willing to take over my project on this rom. I have a few of my own flash able zips complied with various tweaks to hopefully be able to make and receive calls, no success yet. I will keep trying but this is a project better suited for some one who is not so new to the linux environment. (I just got my first linux box 2 weeks ago)

Please enjoy and the thanks button is below the download link :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1425026

Proof It works! http://youtu.be/B_J3fs80dV0

**************-Edit*************************************************************************
    I have decided to take on this project. I will post a more "ported" version as I progress on it, These things take time so please be patient. The information contained above should only be used as a "prof of concept" sort of thing. Anyone willing to help may do so here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428117
    Maybe it is time to scrap this CM9 port attempt!

So, I am working on a full compile from source of CM9. At the moment, I am not interested in turning it into a ROM, but automating the process of setting up the environment, pulling the source, pulling the files off our phone that we need, and performing the compile, all from a linux script.

I will link the XDA post that I am basing my information on, and my script will closely resemble commands from this page, as well as other things that are needed, that I have learned.

Once I have it all working I will create a new post with the script, for those ROM devs in here, that would like to help out.

I will attempt the first build of CM9 and see how far I can get, who knows maybe I can get us a ROM and kernel with kexec built in, that we can actually use.

So far my script is pulling down the source and syncing the CM repo, and this will go on for several hours.

Here is where I started my search and got several of the commands from, but I will advise, a lot of this is deprecated, but it led me in the right direction:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26128271

Here is a screen print of my script in action, pulling down the source and needed files:

picture.php

And yes I am pulling down the WHOLE cyanogenmod tree, not just CM9, so we can attempt a new build of cm7 with some mods to the same script, if everyone wants.
    There is a new patch from the Razr forum that allows GSM devices to run CDMA Roms you can find it HERE might be something to try out!
    In looking around gsmarena, I haven't found any Sony phone with comparable radio specs.
    I kinda think that this speculation that sony phones have this radio may come from confusion between ST-Ericsson and Sony Ericsson.

Supposedly some Samsung phones use M570 based chips (ie: Galaxy S)...

Why hasn't ifixit torn down our phone yet? :confused:

I am going to debunk this whole m570 being the same as our chip/radio. The only reason that lfaber06 and I felt that it was sony, was because several other GSM phones that moto has put out have shared the same chips as the sony phones, not the ST Ericsson/Sony phones.

I suspect one of two things at this point:

1) We have a new radio that has not been used by another phone yet.

2) As suspected we share the same chip/radio as one of the newer sony phones.

P.S. when it was first thought we had the m570 radio, I did a ton of research on it, and found that it is very different from ours.

Jim

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium