[RUU] EVO 4G LTE 4.3 + Sense 5 MR update - Software Version: 4.13.651.3

Search This thread

jbhtexas

Apr 17, 2008
I think that htc is stepping up and offering the update through the above links, Sprint prolly won't offer as an ota update due to the fact that it won't be able open/unpack/decompress/install on the phone....it has to be done through a computer... Only other option is becoming buddy buddy with a Sprint tech who knows what's going on and they might be able to do it for you.....so no, there isn't going to be an official Sprint released version through carrier,there isn't any official support even through Sprint or HTC, I think HTC programmers did us all technically savvy ones a huge solid and offered what they did....kudos to HTC.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

On the other hand, non-technically savvy users are hearing about this RUU through various sites (i.e. there is a thread in the Sprint community forums with the download link). Those users are going to install it, and then, unless they were very diligent in researching the RUU before they installed it, find that their data/voice roaming is broken. Sprint is probably going to be the ones taking the brunt of those tech support requests.

I think it was wonderful that HTC released betas out for "limited" testing the way this one was. But IMO, it is bizarre from a business/reputation standpoint to publically release the RUU with data and voice roaming broken...unless the intent from either Sprint or HTC was to intentionally disable roaming. If that's the case, it opens up bigger questions as to why this was intentionally done.

baknblack

Sep 12, 2010
Kentucky
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I remember the first phone I got from sprint that had the roam only option removed. Think it was the palm treo. I hated them for doing that. Every phone now comes with that option removed. Not a stretch to think they will try to remove it altogether at some point. Guess when they do that I'll have to stick with phones that can be hacked to add roam back or switch to a prepaid phone that uses Verizon.
It's a safety issue with me. I farm a remote area that gets just enough signal from sprint to cause the phone to be useless in automatic. Were my wife or anyone else get injured out there I want my phone to work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

jbhtexas

Apr 17, 2008
I remember the first phone I got from sprint that had the roam only option removed. Think it was the palm treo. I hated them for doing that. Every phone now comes with that option removed. Not a stretch to think they will try to remove it altogether at some point. Guess when they do that I'll have to stick with phones that can be hacked to add roam back or switch to a prepaid phone that uses Verizon.
It's a safety issue with me. I farm a remote area that gets just enough signal from sprint to cause the phone to be useless in automatic. Were my wife or anyone else get injured out there I want my phone to work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Sounds like we are in similar situations. I don't farm now, but travel to rural areas for elderly family, and we are also evaluating whether we should switch to Verizon. And the issue is compounded now with the 4G rollout, as we can't get 3G or 4G from Sprint in areas that we previously could (and which are shown on coverage maps to be well-covered by Sprint).

iamkoza

Nov 12, 2008
ha, i had no clue as to the technical issues with this 4.3 update... I was lucky to read the comments section of the article i was reading today announcing the Official update so I avoided doing it on a windows 8.1 PC and I uninstalled HTC Sync.... It worked for me on the first try....

But then I come here and see that data roaming is missing... luckily for me I live in a urban area and rarely have to use data roaming... but has anyone from HTC acknowledged the data roaming glitch? Anyone with twitter tweet Mo asking about it?

subzero101

Aug 25, 2009
Hello everyone quick question, so I have updated my phone to 4.3 using the Official RUU after some days of testing the new software Ive noticed that my 4G signal has gotten weaker Also I can seem to tether with the app I used to use prior to the update :( .What I would like to do is go back to Version 3.17 but how can i accomplish that ? I am currently running 4.3 with hboot 2.10 and S-on. Is there a way to go back to 3.17 ?

GoblinZ

Sep 15, 2010
Hello everyone quick question, so I have updated my phone to 4.3 using the Official RUU after some days of testing the new software Ive noticed that my 4G signal has gotten weaker Also I can seem to tether with the app I used to use prior to the update :( .What I would like to do is go back to Version 3.17 but how can i accomplish that ? I am currently running 4.3 with hboot 2.10 and S-on. Is there a way to go back to 3.17 ?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2197909

that should do the trick make sure you're S-OFF

AarSyl

The good news is, there's a tether app on the play store for $2 called Wifi Tether Router. Either pay the money for that, or use the native Hotspot hack located somewhere in the thread (but you can't tether on 4g). Those are your only options at this point.

subzero101

Aug 25, 2009
The good news is, there's a tether app on the play store for $2 called Wifi Tether Router. Either pay the money for that, or use the native Hotspot hack located somewhere in the thread (but you can't tether on 4g). Those are your only options at this point.

Thank you for the response as a matter fact I am using WiFi tether router but it freezes up on me and gets stuck on the screen right before it connects. Also how can I use the native hotspot hack ? I installed it last night using twrp but I'm not sure exactly what to do next. At some point would it be a way to go s-off with the new hboot ? I really want to go back to RUU 3.17 :'(

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Thank you for the response as a matter fact I am using WiFi tether router but it freezes up on me and gets stuck on the screen right before it connects. Also how can I use the native hotspot hack ? I installed it last night using twrp but I'm not sure exactly what to do next. At some point would it be a way to go s-off with the new hboot ? I really want to go back to RUU 3.17 :'(

As previously posted, you can use Rumrunner to gain S-off. There is also another exploit named Firewater which should also work to gain S-off.

Sent from my EVO LTE

subzero101

Aug 25, 2009
As previously posted, you can use Rumrunner to gain S-off. There is also another exploit named Firewater which should also work to gain S-off.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Thank you as a matter of fact I used rumrunner and it worked!!!! :D So now I am S-off. So now All I have to do is Run RUU 3.17 ? or do I need to sepercid ?

AarSyl

thank you Finz28 for your help but do you know why i keep getting a 158 (image error) when running the RUU installer ?

That depends. Does it give you an actual error message along with that error number? Did the RUU not recognize your device?

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel

ebe01

Sep 15, 2012
For those of you having trouble getting the RUU to run correctly, follow the following steps to run in Bootloader instead.....I just followed Captain_Throwbacks instructions from this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50487437&postcount=3

You must have a way to access your Micro SD Card from your PC so you can transfer and delete files from it.
Of course make sure all your data is BACKED UP!!!

1. Download both files to your PC....
2. Rename PJ75IMG1.zip to PJ75IMG.zip and place on root of SD Card.
3. Reboot phone to Bootloader Menu and run .zip file and let it do its thing....
4. After file is done, remove Micro-SD Card and delete PJ75IMG.zip and replace with PJ75IMG2.zip making sure to rename it to PJ75IMG.zip again.
5. Place Miro-SD Card back into phone and reboot while holding Volume Key down for Bootloader Menu.
6. Run .zip and let it finish (this part takes a bit of time to complete).
7. Reboot phone into a fresh install of Sense 5 Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.3

Enjoy.....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig9cd8rwxdksb0q/PJ75IMG1.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2k4ndcrebitlzu/PJ75IMG2.zip

So between these files and instructions,and the ##72786## data reset is there anything else I should know before hand? Gave up with the windows 8 ruu bs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From Mo Versi w/HTC:

Thank you for your support on HTC EVO 4G LTE 4.3 + Sense 5MR update. Below is the link for the final software release that includes support on Win8. Please note the following as this is an RUU update (side load):
    It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by installing this software may be covered under warranty.*Please understand that you will not be able to return your device to the original state or earlier software, and going forward your device may not be held covered under the warranty for all claims resulting from installing this software. HTC bears no responsibility if your device is no longer usable afterwards. We strongly suggest that you do not install this software unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved and the potential consequences both to your device and to your warranty.
    In order to install the SW, double click the RUU file with your device connected to the PC. The upgrade process will take approximately 20 minutes. Please do not unplug the device from the PC.
    Download link here
    Thanks,
    Mo

----------------------

EDIT: The official link has been taken down. If you would still like to download the RUU anyway, I have uploaded it here and here.

NOTE: For those having issues updating via the RUU (drivers, Windows 8.1, etc), see this post for an alternative install method.

NOTE 2: There is an updated RUU (4.13.651.4) which was released to some testers from HTC. The update fixes the data roaming issue. It hasn't been released officially, but there is a download link for it here and a mirror here.
    For those having RUU install issues....

For those of you having trouble getting the RUU to run correctly, follow the following steps to run in Bootloader instead.....I just followed Captain_Throwbacks instructions from this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50487437&postcount=3

You must have a way to access your Micro SD Card from your PC so you can transfer and delete files from it.
    Of course make sure all your data is BACKED UP!!!

1. Download both files to your PC....
    2. Rename PJ75IMG1.zip to PJ75IMG.zip and place on root of SD Card.
    3. Reboot phone to Bootloader Menu and run .zip file and let it do its thing....
    4. After file is done, remove Micro-SD Card and delete PJ75IMG.zip and replace with PJ75IMG2.zip making sure to rename it to PJ75IMG.zip again.
    5. Place Miro-SD Card back into phone and reboot while holding Volume Key down for Bootloader Menu.
    6. Run .zip and let it finish (this part takes a bit of time to complete).
    7. Reboot phone into a fresh install of Sense 5 Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.3

Enjoy.....
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/kJ0hyseJba/PJ75IMG1.html
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/XFtJmjlqba/PJ75IMG2.html
    Can anyone using this RUU comment on if their bootloader is still unlocked after?

Still on hboot 1.12.2222 (I think) and can probably figure out flashing supersu through TWRP after I flash TWRP.

Captain, can you link your thread? I've only used your zips for flashing firmware bits, radios, etc.

Thank you,
    Skid
    My bootloader stayed unlocked the entire time. My thread is in OG Dev. If you flash the RUU, you'll only need a recovery.
    Interesting, I don't think I've ever seen an official update that voided your warranty before.
    Will my phone stay S-off after taking this RUU?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
    Yes.