[Q] Goo.im download problem?

Search This thread

TheGungan

Mar 25, 2014
So I've been having this [annoying] problem with goo.im, when I download a file, it proceeds as normal. However, it's very slow, slower than usual. And then, the download suddenly stops about 10 seconds later, and the browser treats it as completed, but obviously, the files can't be used (Unizipped, etc). Windows Explorer even shows the files ACTUAL size. (For example, 97 KB instead of the original 70MB as advertised).

Can anyone care to tell me if this is a regular occurrence (I know goo has some problems), or if it's on my part? And if the latter, a better place to download?

P.S. I've used Chrome, and Firefox.

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Please guys, I REALLY need help on this.

How about telling us what you need to download ? Or what kind of browser you are usning?

Have you tried another browser or a downloadmanager?

A working Antivirus solution is also good to have installed.

goo.im sometimes does not response as expected.

What file is that important for you?

Last edited:

TheGungan

Mar 25, 2014
How about telling us what you need to download ? Or what kind of browser you are usning?

Have you tried another browser or a downloadmanager?

A working Antivirus solution is also good to have installed.

goo.im sometimes does not response as expected.

What file is that important for you?

I've been trying to download two versions of Cyanogen, and Clockwork Mod, for my Mini 2. (I would just have settled for 11 if it were easy to download CWM and Cyanogen).

I've used Chrome and Firefox.

I'm not using my main PC now,and it has ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6. I don't think the one I'm using now has.

I've never tried a download manager, any recommendations?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I've been trying to download two versions of Cyanogen, and Clockwork Mod, for my Mini 2. (I would just have settled for 11 if it were easy to download CWM and Cyanogen).

I've used Chrome and Firefox.

I'm not using my main PC now,and it has ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6. I don't think the one I'm using now has.

I've never tried a download manager, any recommendations?

Thx for the links. If you need goo.im often you can donate 10$ to get priority downloads. Chrome may slow down it.

Try Free Download Manager

Its about your region / provider / computer.

I get 300KB/s at least

Last edited:

fatjivi

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 5T
Recently goo.im free severs are not doing so well. The speeds are slow, nothing can be done about it if you are a free user. But the fact that your browser treats a half downloaded file as complete sounds like a problem at your end. Have you tried using a download manager like DAP or IDM? That might solve your problem.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

TheGungan

Mar 25, 2014
Recently goo.im free severs are not doing so well. The speeds are slow, nothing can be done about it if you are a free user. But the fact that your browser treats a half downloaded file as complete sounds like a problem at your end. Have you tried using a download manager like DAP or IDM? That might solve your problem.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thx for the links. If you need goo.im often you can donate 10$ to get priority downloads. Chrome may slow down it.

Try -snip-

Its about your region / provider / computer.

I get 300KB/s at least

It's the same result w/ Free Download Manager, file is incomplete, oh well, might as well pay for a priority account, if that will do anything..

techwannabe

Mar 29, 2014
I thought I'm the only one who's having problem with goo.im download. I've been trying to download GApps for Genymotion since yesterday and my downloads usually stop around 6% to 8%. I even changed the device I'm using, but the other versions also have the same problem. Tried 4.3 mirrors, but they also have the same problem, with one stopping with only two seconds left. :(

Any help will be appreciated. :(

EDIT: I used regular download and using IDM and still no luck.

Last edited: