Best Case for the HTC One M8 in pants?

Search This thread

Tazz.

Mar 27, 2014
New York City
The title may sound a little confusing, but I'm pretty sure many of you maybe able to relate. If anyone of you have worn jeans in your time, you may know that rubber and jeans don't get along pretty well. Since I wear jeans/chinos a lot I wanted a protective case for my future M8. I had seen the Otterbox Commuter which has a bit of rubber, but most of it is plastic. Can anyone recommend me some other cases which offer great/good protection but without a lot of rubber. It feels bad enough pulling out a rubber encased phone out of my pockets and trying to stuff them back in.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Pure+

beeper10

Aug 2, 2008
Case-Mate Tough Naked Case for HTC One M8 - Clear. Rubber around the bezel but smooth plastic around the rubber.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
tech 21 cases are very protective without any rubber surface. This means the device will easily slide in and out your pocket but due to it's construction it will add additional size.
A transparent case will come soon - Amazon Germany already takes preorders - I preordered.

I bought one for my daughters S4 mini nine months ago - perfect. Looks like this:

htc-one-case-impact-tactical-black_l01_1.png

Attachments

• 41g-1f2l5FL.jpg
    41g-1f2l5FL.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
Here's a pic.

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1398037866033.jpg
    1398037866033.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 245

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Case-Mate Tough Naked Case for HTC One M8 - Clear. Rubber around the bezel but smooth plastic around the rubber.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Case Mate Tough Black

Still keeps a slim form and slips in front pocket of jeans easily with no worries of damage.

I wear jeans most days and its been good walking, driving.etc

In my experience CaseMate's case use very soft TPU/Rubber that easily attracts dust, lint, and dirt. And the softer the rubber the more likely to grab at your jean pockets.

I wear jeans basically every day. I'd go with tech 21. Personally I don't like to use a case if I don't have to, but the Brushed gunmetal is a little bit slick. I will probably be picking up one of these cases

1)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2D5I4O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A29LLD0WGS56WE
2)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IJ0YCRA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A14BVCBXUQV1IP
3)http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JAR24SU...olid=AI39B0Q9QF88&coliid=I2GBKM0WTPL7P5&psc=1

Maybe even 2 of them together since the pricing is so killer.

Dragbike Racer

Apr 20, 2014
I use the "SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Premium Hybrid Protective Bumper Case (Black/Clear) for HTC One 2014 Release" and have no problems with it being in jeans. I also have a Spigen® [STRONG-FLEX] clear case but it's too bulky, has sharp edges, and sticks to the jeans too much.

thewagdy

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa City

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The title may sound a little confusing, but I'm pretty sure many of you maybe able to relate. If anyone of you have worn jeans in your time, you may know that rubber and jeans don't get along pretty well. Since I wear jeans/chinos a lot I wanted a protective case for my future M8. I had seen the Otterbox Commuter which has a bit of rubber, but most of it is plastic. Can anyone recommend me some other cases which offer great/good protection but without a lot of rubber. It feels bad enough pulling out a rubber encased phone out of my pockets and trying to stuff them back in.

Thanks for the help!