Converted XT1033 5.1 GPe to Stock Moto 5.0.2

Did this help?

• Total voters
Search This thread

siddharthnair96

Oct 3, 2012
Mumbai
So I was searching through the threads to find me solution for me to go back to Moto Stock 5.0.2 from GPe 5.1 since my device is a XT1033 I couldn't simply flash the Lollipop firmware on the GPe firmware. Now I'm not sure if there is a better way but here is how I achieved it; it's a little long but till I have no other way here it is:

Don't worry about the bootloader at this stage. 41.19 will automatically go to 41.18 when you shift but won't have any effect so here's the procedure:

First flash back to KitKat GPe the normal way using the following commands:
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

(Be cautious as to not to flash the partition and logo function this will cause your device to brick due to incompatible partition and other things)

Once this is done and your phone boots up, power down again and then flash it to XT1033 KitKat Firmware using the exactly same commands as you did for 5.1 to 4.4.4 GPe. (The above commands)

After the phone boots up on 4.4.4 Moto Stock power the device down yet again; Now there are two ways either flash the 5.0.2 entirely using the following commands:

mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot.exe erase modemst1
mfastboot.exe erase modemst2
mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot.exe erase cache
mfastboot.exe erase userdata

This is a better way to go to Lollipop;
Or else you could sideload the update file using the adb function in the stock recovery(I personally suggest don't do this).
For this reboot to bootloader, scroll to recovery and press the volume up when u see the dead android, press the volume button for couple of seconds and then the power button then using update via adb sideload use send the file using adb sideload followed by "update.zip"

Hope this help's...

Asia Retail Links:
4.4.4 Moto Stock: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uo5LCdnblrVlhsRmdyeDRYV1E/edit
4.4.4 GPe : http://www.filefactory.com/file/14mn1ui7sx0t/GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml.zip
5.0.2 Moto Stock : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uo5LCdnblrcHJMblF3MlhaUjQ/edit

Brazil Retail Links:
4.4.4 Moto Stock: http://d-h.st/7sG
5.0.2 Moto Stock: http://d-h.st/buH** (Only update zip -- Official Soak test)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/3buo0jqjvn41/BRASIL_XT1033_5.0.2_LXB22.46-28_cid12_CFC.xml.zip (Full Firmware)

Charge the device to 100% I suggest cause this a very long procedure and it drains about nearly half the battery at least it did for me.

**Tip for the Brazilian update since I couldn't get the full package you'll have to update to 4.4.4 by flashing using the command provided and then transfer the 5.0.2 zip file onto the device and then flash via stock recovery. I'll certainly try to get hold of the entire firmware of 5.0.2. I still suggest using the full firmware flash; start new.

Last edited:

dipeters

Apr 27, 2015
Hi!
Great tutorial! Will help many peoples!
But, I have two questions:

1 - Your tutorial works on XT1033 Brazilian firmare?

2 - Can you upload/give the link of 4.4.4 and 5.0.2 XT1033 Brazilian firmwares?

I've sucessfully installed GPE 5.1, but I want the "get back option" safe in my computer.
Cheers!

Note: English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

siddharthnair96

Oct 3, 2012
Mumbai
Hi!
Great tutorial! Will help many peoples!
But, I have two questions:

1 - Your tutorial works on XT1033 Brazilian firmare?

2 - Can you upload/give the link of 4.4.4 and 5.0.2 XT1033 Brazilian firmwares?

I've sucessfully installed GPE 5.1, but I want the "get back option" safe in my computer.
Cheers!

Note: English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Okay I'll answer to both you worries;

1. This tutorial could possibly work on the Brazilian firmware because it's almost one and the same the flashing of the system image.

2. I'll edit the OP; thanks for the tip

Cheers..

vivekdeshmukh

Apr 29, 2015
Now I'm not sure if there is a better way but here is how I achieved it; it's a little long but till I have no other way here it is:
Dude, i dont know how much i can thank you! I had tried like a dozen ways to do this but all failed. Finally i decided to give your method a try this weekend, and it just worked awesomely! I am back on my original xt1033 :) ... now from there i installed cm12.1 which works flawlessly and even the sms is working (dual sim) which was for some weird reason wasnt working on my converted gpe on which I had installed cm12.1.

Again, thanks and keep sharing your great work :)

dipeters

Apr 27, 2015
"Tip for the Brazilian update since I couldn't get the full package you'll have to update to 4.4.4 by flashing using the command provided and then transfer the 5.0.2 zip file onto the device and then flash via stock recovery. I'll certainly try to get hold of the entire firmware of 5.0.2. I still suggest using the full firmware flash; start new."

I get confused here.
Should I use the Full firmware 5.0.2 Brazillian and the other firmwares? [GPE KK 4.4.4 + BR KK 4.4.4 + BR LOLLI 5.0.2]
Or I flash the both 4.4.4 and flash the zip update? [GPE KK 4.4.4 + BR KK 4.4.4 + 5.0.2 ZIP]

Sorry for inconvenience

siddharthnair96

Oct 3, 2012
Mumbai
"Tip for the Brazilian update since I couldn't get the full package you'll have to update to 4.4.4 by flashing using the command provided and then transfer the 5.0.2 zip file onto the device and then flash via stock recovery. I'll certainly try to get hold of the entire firmware of 5.0.2. I still suggest using the full firmware flash; start new."

I get confused here.
Should I use the Full firmware 5.0.2 Brazillian and the other firmwares? [GPE KK 4.4.4 + BR KK 4.4.4 + BR LOLLI 5.0.2]
Or I flash the both 4.4.4 and flash the zip update? [GPE KK 4.4.4 + BR KK 4.4.4 + 5.0.2 ZIP]

Sorry for inconvenience

My mistake you didn't understand GPe 5.1 -> GPe 4.4.4 -> BR KK 4.4.4 -> BR LP 5.0.2 (Use the full system flashing and do it )

deadfazel

Jun 27, 2010
shiraz
Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
guys i flashed logo by error(automated flash .bat file).my phone is stuck at google logo what should i do????
plz help
i reverted back to 5.1 gpe and retried the operation.here is my log....
C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot flash boot
boot.img
target max-sparse-size: 256MB
sending 'boot' (10240 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.356s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.922s]
finished. total time: 1.310s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot flash reco
very recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (10240 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.373s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.948s]
finished. total time: 1.323s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot flash syst
em system.img_sparsechunk.0
error: cannot load 'system.img_sparsechunk.0': No error

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot flash syst

em system.img_sparsechunk.1
error: cannot load 'system.img_sparsechunk.1': No error

em system.img_sparsechunk.2mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
error: cannot load 'system.img_sparsechunk.2mfastboot': No error

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot flash mode
m NON-HLOS.bin
sending 'modem' (47484 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.590s]
writing 'modem'...
OKAY [ 2.281s]
finished. total time: 3.871s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot erase mode
mst1
erasing 'modemst1'...
OKAY [ 0.012s]
finished. total time: 0.028s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot erase mode
mst2
erasing 'modemst2'...
OKAY [ 0.067s]
finished. total time: 0.069s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot flash fsg
fsg.mbn
sending 'fsg' (719 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.094s]
writing 'fsg'...
OKAY [ 5.340s]
finished. total time: 5.434s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot erase cach
emfastboot erase cache
erasing 'cachemfastboot'...
(bootloader) Invalid partition name cachemfastboot
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.022s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot erase cach
e
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.098s]
finished. total time: 0.100s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot erase user
data
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 1.477s]
finished. total time: 1.477s

C:\Users\fazel\Downloads\Compressed\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml_2\GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml>mfastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.002s
i can flas back to 5.1 gpe every thing works fine......plz help me....what should i do ...redraw bug is killing me

Last edited:

ksunny007

Jun 29, 2014
how to use mfastboot

Okay I'll answer to both you worries;

1. This tutorial could possibly work on the Brazilian firmware because it's almost one and the same the flashing of the system image.

2. I'll edit the OP; thanks for the tip

Cheers..

please give me step by step instructions to revert back to stock, how to use mfastboot

sathvik07

Jan 12, 2015
@siddharthnair96...hey I am having xt1033 Indian version.... It is running on cm13 (lollipop bootloader)...now i want to convert it to gpe to flash miui 7 ROM.....I should not flash KitKat bootloader right ??? Can u tell plz me exact commands to run by skipping bootloader.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was searching through the threads to find me solution for me to go back to Moto Stock 5.0.2 from GPe 5.1 since my device is a XT1033 I couldn't simply flash the Lollipop firmware on the GPe firmware. Now I'm not sure if there is a better way but here is how I achieved it; it's a little long but till I have no other way here it is:

Don't worry about the bootloader at this stage. 41.19 will automatically go to 41.18 when you shift but won't have any effect so here's the procedure:

First flash back to KitKat GPe the normal way using the following commands:
    mfastboot flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot erase modemst1
    mfastboot erase modemst2
    mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot erase cache
    mfastboot erase userdata
    mfastboot reboot

(Be cautious as to not to flash the partition and logo function this will cause your device to brick due to incompatible partition and other things)

Once this is done and your phone boots up, power down again and then flash it to XT1033 KitKat Firmware using the exactly same commands as you did for 5.1 to 4.4.4 GPe. (The above commands)

After the phone boots up on 4.4.4 Moto Stock power the device down yet again; Now there are two ways either flash the 5.0.2 entirely using the following commands:

mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
    mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst1
    mfastboot.exe erase modemst2
    mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot.exe erase cache
    mfastboot.exe erase userdata

This is a better way to go to Lollipop;
    Or else you could sideload the update file using the adb function in the stock recovery(I personally suggest don't do this).
    For this reboot to bootloader, scroll to recovery and press the volume up when u see the dead android, press the volume button for couple of seconds and then the power button then using update via adb sideload use send the file using adb sideload followed by "update.zip"

Hope this help's...

Asia Retail Links:
    4.4.4 Moto Stock: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uo5LCdnblrVlhsRmdyeDRYV1E/edit
    4.4.4 GPe : http://www.filefactory.com/file/14mn1ui7sx0t/GPE_XT1032_KOT49H.M004_CFC.xml.zip
    5.0.2 Moto Stock : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uo5LCdnblrcHJMblF3MlhaUjQ/edit

Brazil Retail Links:
    4.4.4 Moto Stock: http://d-h.st/7sG
    5.0.2 Moto Stock: http://d-h.st/buH** (Only update zip -- Official Soak test)
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/3buo0jqjvn41/BRASIL_XT1033_5.0.2_LXB22.46-28_cid12_CFC.xml.zip (Full Firmware)

Charge the device to 100% I suggest cause this a very long procedure and it drains about nearly half the battery at least it did for me.

**Tip for the Brazilian update since I couldn't get the full package you'll have to update to 4.4.4 by flashing using the command provided and then transfer the 5.0.2 zip file onto the device and then flash via stock recovery. I'll certainly try to get hold of the entire firmware of 5.0.2. I still suggest using the full firmware flash; start new.