[ROM][AOSP][5.1.1][KYLEPROXX][UNOFFICIAL] BY SWASTIK S7580/S7582[2 sim]

Search This thread

sostk22

May 20, 2015
sydney
This is a build of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based on Android 5.1.1 for people who prepare pure Android without the extra feature of CyanogenMod or other ROMs.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from:https://github.com/sostk/aosp_kyleprods
Compatibility patches are included in the device repository in the "patches" folder. (Please give credit if you use them in your ROM and if you fix something, please submit patches.)
Downloads
ROM:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572330218881261
GAPPS:

What works?

Wi-Fi
RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
Dual SIM
Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
GPS
Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues:
AV don't works.
others u tell me.

Installation:
Make a backup!
Install ClockworkMod/TWRP recovery with SELinux support (.tar) (.zip). Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
Install the ROM
Optionally install the Google Apps Addon

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. You also need to flash Google Apps and other addons again because addon.d support is not included in this ROM.

Changelog
initial build(016/05/28)

FAQ
Can you include the "ask first" option for sending messages?
The "ask first" option is not available in AOSP. However, you can select the SIM when you send the message if you use Google's Messenger app.

How do I enable root?
Root need to be flashed manually.

Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
No. This ROM will have AOSP's feature set.

Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.

Can you include call recording?
No.

What kernel does this ROM use?
A slightly modified version of the stock kernel, the source code is linked above.

I've heard that Broadcom doesn't release source, how can you make this ROM?
Contrary to the popular belief, userspace driver source code is not always required to make an AOSP-based ROM as long as the proprietary binaries shipped with the device does not modify the API too heavily (or is from a very different version of Android). Instead of modifying the source code of the drivers, the Android source code was adapted to be able to use the proprietary binaries.

Can I use your ROM as a base?
http://source.android.com/source/licenses.html

Most of Android is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given.

Can contacts be saved to phone/SIM?
No. It is not supported in AOSP-based ROMs.

Can I send files over Wi-Fi Direct?
Yes, but you must use third-party applications. The implementation provided on Samsung ROMs is not an open standard. AOSP/CM does not provide a native way to send files over Wi-Fi Direct.

Can I mirror your ROM?
You're free to, but I will not list it in this post.

Reporting Bugs
You may report bugs in this thread, note that I do not intend to update this ROM often and bug reports may be ignored. If you're looking for a ROM which is often updated, please use CyanogenMod.

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Thanks
- The CyanogenMod team for some of the compatibility patches used in this ROM
- Sandpox
-no_name
-pawitp
-the Nikiz
-dodogta

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Changelog:
Versiontesting 2:
added camera patch probably fix camera force close

Last edited:

DodoGTA

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2015
The next build will allow you to flash it on GT-S7580 (No updater-script mods required! ?)

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

sostk22

May 20, 2015
sydney
UPDATE
new build 31st may released ;probably fix camera force close.............
plz try and comment
also added support for kylepro

Reactions: cemree

FR8148

Sep 5, 2012
Hi sostk22,
How about miui ROM you have promised on another thread?
Or at least another thread. With support for double sim.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based on Android 5.1.1 for people who prepare pure Android without the extra feature of CyanogenMod or other ROMs.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from:https://github.com/sostk/aosp_kyleprods
    Compatibility patches are included in the device repository in the "patches" folder. (Please give credit if you use them in your ROM and if you fix something, please submit patches.)
    Downloads
    ROM:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572330218881261
    GAPPS:

What works?

Wi-Fi
    RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    Dual SIM
    Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    GPS
    Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues:
    AV don't works.
    others u tell me.

Installation:
    Make a backup!
    Install ClockworkMod/TWRP recovery with SELinux support (.tar) (.zip). Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
    Reboot into recovery
    Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    Install the ROM
    Optionally install the Google Apps Addon

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. You also need to flash Google Apps and other addons again because addon.d support is not included in this ROM.

Changelog
    initial build(016/05/28)

FAQ
    Can you include the "ask first" option for sending messages?
    The "ask first" option is not available in AOSP. However, you can select the SIM when you send the message if you use Google's Messenger app.

How do I enable root?
    Root need to be flashed manually.

Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
    No. This ROM will have AOSP's feature set.

Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
    No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.

Can you include call recording?
    No.

What kernel does this ROM use?
    A slightly modified version of the stock kernel, the source code is linked above.

I've heard that Broadcom doesn't release source, how can you make this ROM?
    Contrary to the popular belief, userspace driver source code is not always required to make an AOSP-based ROM as long as the proprietary binaries shipped with the device does not modify the API too heavily (or is from a very different version of Android). Instead of modifying the source code of the drivers, the Android source code was adapted to be able to use the proprietary binaries.

Can I use your ROM as a base?
    http://source.android.com/source/licenses.html

Most of Android is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given.

Can contacts be saved to phone/SIM?
    No. It is not supported in AOSP-based ROMs.

Can I send files over Wi-Fi Direct?
    Yes, but you must use third-party applications. The implementation provided on Samsung ROMs is not an open standard. AOSP/CM does not provide a native way to send files over Wi-Fi Direct.

Can I mirror your ROM?
    You're free to, but I will not list it in this post.

Reporting Bugs
    You may report bugs in this thread, note that I do not intend to update this ROM often and bug reports may be ignored. If you're looking for a ROM which is often updated, please use CyanogenMod.

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Thanks
    - The CyanogenMod team for some of the compatibility patches used in this ROM
    - Sandpox
    -no_name
    -pawitp
    -the Nikiz
    -dodogta

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Changelog:
    Versiontesting 2:
    added camera patch probably fix camera force close
    sostk22 please build this rom, for s7580 thnx.

First let me make it somehow stable then for sure I will make it for 7580
    UPDATE
    new build 31st may released ;probably fix camera force close.............
    plz try and comment
    also added support for kylepro
    is rom yet??
    pls post ss..
    Yes, look at the post #1 for download link

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk