MIX ROM (Best of both world) - Thanks To T & Z - [Upd 11.02.05 fix HW Led]

Search This thread

freshprince2x

Dec 14, 2010
hmm i think it must be possible to make the same with the 2.1 stock rom?!
in my opinion it would be the best 2.1 rom with cyanogen features =D
but i dont really know how to do it =/
maybe someone could port the cyanogen feats in the 2.1 stock.
we would have hd camcorder and all should work perfect like in the stock 2.1 rom but with cyanogen feats =P

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
hmm i think it must be possible to make the same with the 2.1 stock rom?!
in my opinion it would be the best 2.1 rom with cyanogen features =D
but i dont really know how to do it =/
maybe someone could port the cyanogen feats in the 2.1 stock.
we would have hd camcorder and all should work perfect like in the stock 2.1 rom but with cyanogen feats =P

I think its not possible becouse SE have their own things coded their Rom is different from a AOSP Rom.

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
but if you remember at the 2.1 shipped custom roms... i think it should be :rolleyes:

That was just a SE Rom withouth bloatware. It is possible that it works on 2.1 AOSP or 2.2 or 2.3 AOSP but on SE Rom it can maybe be made but it will be much work becouse SE dont left everything original like it is in AOSP Roms.

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
Zdzihu has delivered a near perfect Froyo (only video cam remain outstanding) which is extremely stable

TripNRaver has delivered Cyanogen 6.1 which is very cool with the cyanogenmod but still has some issues such as move to SD and flashlight.

I like cyanogen mod but I also like the stability of z's free x10. Since both are based on Froyo, I thought of combining them to create a perfect rom. And it works !!!

What I did:
1. Unzip Trip's cyanogen to a folder (let's say c:\cyanogen)
2. Unzip Z's beta3 to another folder (let's say c:\freex10)

In each folder you should have a META-INF and system folder

3. copy the services.jar from the link below (download and rename) to c:\cyanogen\system\framework (this will enable the flashlight)

http://www.mediafire.com/?67jb2mowad2z23p

4. copy the following folders from c:\freex10\system to c:\cyanogen\system
- bin
- etc
- lib

you may also want to copy the Froyo's Camera.apk to :\cyanogen\system\app (rename 1 of them if you want both)

5. zip the c:\cyanogen folder (you should do it inside c:\cyanogen).
Any zip application should do.
For me I use windows (select all files under c:\cyanogen, right click, send to compressed (zip) file)

6. copy this zip file to sdcard

7. install via xRecovery

8. Install free x10 gapps and free x10 beta3 hotfix 1. Reboot

9. system will reboot twice and after that it'll be fine (if not you should crash system server at least once)

What is working - same as free x10 beta 3 except the LED lights between the buttons :)

You have cyanogen mod now and can easily do a dark theme and change the clock color etc

Notes:
------
1. Please do a backup before you try. I'm not responsible if any thing happens to your phone.
2. I have tried everything and they worked just fine. But I can't guarantee it'll work for you.
3. All credits go to T & Z. I hope I don't offend them. I just want to share with you my findings so more of you can enjoy it.
4. This just shows that their combined work is awesome :)

If you find this useful. Press the Thanks button :)

To me this is wrong as it seems that TRIP was not happy about it.. I spent a lot of time myself creating a mixture of caynogenMod Nexus and sources from freex10.. but I did inform Z first to let him know... This sounds like TRIP or Z was not notified first. great idea, obviously as I did similiar with my kitchen, but I used open source and notified them before posting.

tuxStyle

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
To me this is wrong as it seems that TRIP was not happy about it.. I spent a lot of time myself creating a mixture of caynogenMod Nexus and sources from freex10.. but I did inform Z first to let him know... This sounds like TRIP or Z was not notified first. great idea, obviously as I did similiar with my kitchen, but I used open source and notified them before posting.

Why notifying them?
As long as their work is open or based on the open source ... why you would ask for permissions???

Give credits, yes.
Make your changes open.

But, why asking for permissions? :confused:

I don't get it.

I'm not a lawyer. I don't have to be.
Read the damn thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=755533

Code:
The GPL states that anyone who modifies GPL licenced code is required to make available the sources used to compile it

Allowing anyone to verify the code they are trusting with their data, and its authenticity

Encouraging community collaboration to produce faster fixes and updates, and better code

GPL-derived materials that do not come with the complete sources used to compile the GPL components are considered warez

If you use GPL components, but do not make any modifications to them whatsoever, you should provide a link to the original source of your GPL code.

Sources accompanying a release should be complete, and contain all the necessary source code for any modules, scripts or definition files. Complete sources will be defined as those which compile correctly and completely against the platform for which the software is distributed, and which contain any and all modifications made to the released General Public Licenced code. The source code supplied should be the exact version for which the source code is being requested, complete with all modifications.

Do you think that every developer who develops an app for Linux for ex... a quick image editor will as for permissions from GTK developers, libgd developers, libXX developers to be allowed to make his program?

Gezz

You use some open source work, put the links, don't remove credits/copyright.
You modify some open source work, leave copyrights intact, upload your sources.

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
just my opinion, not a law thing, a courtesy thing. I am not going to argue..

Again great thinking and how to for combining them.

tuxStyle

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
just my opinion, not a law thing, a courtesy thing. I am not going to argue..

Again great thinking and how to for combining them.

You are right.
Courtesy is something else.

But if Ts fault is because he didn't publish the sources, Zs fault is because he demanded consent.

Which again, is wrong.

All T had to do is to let the copyrights inside (i assume he didn't remove them) and upload his sources.

Yes, from courtesy, he could have said what you said in first post but is not mandatory.

What Z should have done?
Report Ts post to moderators for not complaining with XDA rules (check the link from my previous post) and everything would have been solved by moderators without a flame fest on 10 threads in forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvMINOvv

Dalkbur

Jul 21, 2010
Madrid
You are right.
Courtesy is something else.

But if Ts fault is because he didn't publish the sources, Zs fault is because he demanded consent.

Which again, is wrong.

All T had to do is to let the copyrights inside (i assume he didn't remove them) and upload his sources.

Yes, from courtesy, he could have said what you said in first post but is not mandatory.

What Z should have done?
Report Ts post to moderators for not complaining with XDA rules (check the link from my previous post) and everything would have been solved by moderators without a flame fest on 10 threads in forums.

+1. I think that things could have been solved through other ways (PMs, Mods, mails, chats) and not creating a lot of discord on all these threads...

vvMINOvv

Nov 18, 2010
help with beta4?

I tried doing it myself and merging trip's with z's beta 4, but the phone spazzed out on me, (I keep getting the error: "The process: com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" , it reappears every second or so), I even tried pato66's link, and it did the same thing. The only way I can stop it is if I turn Airplane mode on.

Once I put it in Airplane then I can enable wifi and everything else works. It's just the "phone" part of the phone that doesnt work hehe...

I'm currently running on: Baseband version: 2.1.54

If you have any tips that would be great, because honestly this mod looks SICK, and I would really love to have it working.

Thank's all.

Last edited:

BlackWodka

Dec 21, 2010
hi
i mixed the roms, flashed the rom and it works GREAT!
the only problem i have is: ther is no cam-LED... an i NEED it when i come home drunk and search my bed... :D did i something wrong or is that a known bug?

€: i think i did the bug by myself... didnt rename the systam_cya file... -.- (its for this led right?)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zdzihu has delivered a near perfect Froyo (only video cam remain outstanding) which is extremely stable

TripNRaver has delivered Cyanogen 6.1 which is very cool with the cyanogenmod but still has some issues such as move to SD and flashlight.

I like cyanogen mod but I also like the stability of z's free x10. Since both are based on Froyo, I thought of combining them to create a perfect rom. And it works !!!

What I did:
    1. Unzip Trip's cyanogen to a folder (let's say c:\cyanogen)
    2. Unzip Z's beta3 to another folder (let's say c:\freex10)

In each folder you should have a META-INF and system folder

3. copy the services.jar from the link below (download and rename) to c:\cyanogen\system\framework (this will enable the flashlight)

http://www.mediafire.com/?67jb2mowad2z23p

4. copy the framework-res.apk from the link below to c:\cyanogen\system\framework (this will enable HW Led) - Thanks to fonz2544 for the tip.

http://www.multiupload.com/E1DFZKTFXG

note: Should work for both beta3 & 4. The trade-off is that you lose the auto-brightness option in the display settings.

5. copy the following folders from c:\freex10\system to c:\cyanogen\system
    - bin
    - etc
    - lib

you may also want to copy the Froyo's Camera.apk to c:\cyanogen\system\app (rename 1 of them if you want both)

6. zip the c:\cyanogen folder (you should do it inside c:\cyanogen).
    Any zip application should do.
    For me I use windows (select all files under c:\cyanogen, right click, send to compressed (zip) file)

7. copy this zip file to sdcard

8. install via xRecovery

9. Install free x10 gapps and free x10 beta3 hotfix 1. Reboot

10. system will reboot twice and after that it'll be fine (if not you should crash system server at least once)

What is working - same as free x10 beta 3 :)

You have cyanogen mod now and can easily do a dark theme and change the clock color etc

Notes:
    ------
    1. Please do a backup before you try. I'm not responsible if any thing happens to your phone.
    2. I have tried everything and they worked just fine. But I can't guarantee it'll work for you.
    3. All credits go to T & Z. I hope I don't offend them. I just want to share with you my findings so more of you can enjoy it.
    4. This just shows that their combined work is awesome :)

If you find this useful. Press the Thanks button :)
    CyanogenMod Settings

Here is a complete Cyanogen Settings to install through xRecovery

Cyanogen Settings
    I am running on a mix of the beta 3 hotfix 1 and the 1.0 cyanogen mod. Would it be possible to merge beta 4 and cyanogen 1.2 (if I'm able to get it somewhere, hence I haven't had the opportunity to download, before Trip closed the thread) into a fully operating rom? Would I need to flash the .54 baseband or something?

flash baseband .54, hold up beta 4, ill find the link for cm 1.2, and yes it works together!
    edit: here it is
    and of course u need this, but i guess u have it already
    Put this file, please)
    Get a new sim card? I had to do so with z's rom due to constant fcs with com.android.phone or something similar.

I also had a fido sim card, which happend to be an old version z's rom or froyo didnt like.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App