Cyanogenmod 7 - Nightly builds starting!

Search This thread

n5kjb

Mar 29, 2011
Jamestown, CA
Nightly 260

Have been on Nightly 260 since it was posted. Only issue was GPS lock and was easily resolved reading other posts in this thread.

Have had no battery or data issues. All apps work as advertised.

Very content and consider it stable and can stay here as a final release in my opinion.

Noobla_Khan

Jul 27, 2010
North Waterboro
I'm gonna to to build the latest cm7 soon

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

Yeah...I did that a couple weeks back and wound up reverting to n260. Had some weirdness going on with my networks.

Tumble weed blows by..........man ooh man its been slow show here. Been on n260 with gps stock zippy from ladios for like a month and steady without flashing anything else and its been great and totally stable. Thanks for the best stable- battery efficient stable ROM Eva! I've managed to get my fix by rooting friends Evo & captivate and putting cm7 on them and they love it. Sweet

I've been getting my fix with my HP Touchpad. Running a CM7 based rom on it and man is it nice.

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA
wow, still no nightly.

luckily i've been keeping myself busy with my galaxy tab 10.1 32 GB. rooted it, and installed a bunch of apps/games, but haven't really got down into the nitty gritty yet.

N260 working great except for gps. havent flashed the stock one yet since i havent really needed my gps.

my poor aria...probably get replaced soon with the samsung galaxy s2 if it ever comes down to $99 with my 2yr extension.

Noobla_Khan

Jul 27, 2010
North Waterboro
wow, still no nightly.

luckily i've been keeping myself busy with my galaxy tab 10.1 32 GB. rooted it, and installed a bunch of apps/games, but haven't really got down into the nitty gritty yet.

N260 working great except for gps. havent flashed the stock one yet since i havent really needed my gps.

my poor aria...probably get replaced soon with the samsung galaxy s2 if it ever comes down to $99 with my 2yr extension.

+1

SGS2 looks pretty good but my contract is not up until March and I'm sure the landscape will change by then...should be cheaper.

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA

what is that exactly? as compared to N260?

+1

SGS2 looks pretty good but my contract is not up until March and I'm sure the landscape will change by then...should be cheaper.

yeah we have a family plan with 5 people, so i gave my upgrade for my wife last month, her moms is eligible, hers & her dads is in march and her bros is in june.

plenty of times to upgrade when the time is right. i know there will be a better phone out by march, so hopefully the SG2 will come down in price. i'm used to paying $1-$100 for a phone, so $200 is a little much.

Last edited:
E

E.Cadro

what is that exactly? as compared to N260?

yeah we have a family plan with 5 people, so i gave my upgrade for my wife last month, her moms is eligible, hers & her dads is in march and her bros is in june.

plenty of times to upgrade when the time is right. i know there will be a better phone out by march, so hopefully the SG2 will come down in price. i'm used to paying $1-$100 for a phone, so $200 is a little much.

My upgrade has been available since November and everyone keeps suggesting the sg2 and was kinda upset to find out last nite that radio shack was offering for $49 bucks from black Friday till December 31st and it's back up to $199 again. Hate missing that deal.

Sent from wherever I am?

tomtommy306

Jun 23, 2009
Round Rock TEXAS
My upgrade has been available since November and everyone keeps suggesting the sg2 and was kinda upset to find out last nite that radio shack was offering for $49 bucks from black Friday till December 31st and it's back up to $199 again. Hate missing that deal.

Sent from wherever I am?

Walmart has it for $139... I'm gonna snag that deal next month.

lsusparky621

Dec 30, 2010
Louisiana
IMO, I just hate the screen on the SGS2. The image is stretched on the device and it's not even HD. I am seriously contemplating moving to Verizon because it seems like they always have the better Android devices. I don't mind dropping a few hundred on a phone, but I'm not going to pay $500-$700 for an unlocked device. What's everyone else's opinion?

Edit: I just saw on Engadget that AT&T is more than likely releasing the Galaxy Note around Valentine's Day (not official). It frustrates me that AT&T would release ANOTHER Gingerbread device! Not to mention how far behind AT&T is in LTE coverage compared to Verizon. --Rant Ended--

Sent from my Liberty using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

tedkunich

Nov 15, 2010

Picked mine up at Frys Electronics for $60 as an upgrade just before the holidays. Totally digging the phone, but its forums has some, ahem, very strong personalities ;) Definitely need Nomex over there.

T

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA
Picked mine up at Frys Electronics for $60 as an upgrade just before the holidays. Totally digging the phone, but its forums has some, ahem, very strong personalities ;) Definitely need Nomex over there.

T

Yeah I'm sure I missed some deals over the holidays but my wife needed the upgrade first cause her non rooted aria sucked. I can wait. I like my aria so I can wait.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
I'm still holding out for the LG Nitro HD. They've made some progress and it seems like they will have CWM working on the device soon. I probably wouldn't buy it today since it's uncertain if there will be significant development on the device at this point in time, but when I'm eligible for an upgrade in late February, hopefully we'll have a better idea if it'll be worth it or not.

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA
well i guess this thread is totally dead.

even my nightlies bookmark is dead

guess i'll stick with N260 until i get a new phone in march

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA
CM7 nightlies are no longer being built automatically. However, some people are still compiling new versions every so often. You can check them out here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1430267

ok thanks
maybe i'll try one.
doing a nandroid backup now.

is the gps fixed in the new ones? my n260 has messed up gps and i have the stock gps on the sd card, but havent flashed it yet. (i dont use the gps much at all but want it to work when i need it)

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
ok thanks
maybe i'll try one.
doing a nandroid backup now.

is the gps fixed in the new ones? my n260 has messed up gps and i have the stock gps on the sd card, but havent flashed it yet. (i dont use the gps much at all but want it to work when i need it)

I don't believe it has been fixed, but you can still flash the same "stock GPS" zip to fix it.

Reactions: dh4645

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks ladios, but i've already tried editing gps.conf and adding the missing lines, namely:

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    SUPL_PORT=7276
    C2K_HOST=default or c2k.pde.com
    C2K_PORT=0 or 1234

doesn't make a difference. only thing that works for me is pushing the old gps.liberty.so.

i'm thinking the commit should probably get reverted or made supersonic specific (after all, he does mention the supersonic in the commit message).
    So, it's not that simple... probably more is going on behind the scene.

are you still using an aria btw? i've noticed you had some commits for the samsung aries recently.
    Some devices have their own settings apps. I just maintain the Traditional Chinese translations for those. I'm still using my aria, but not for long. Perhaps, I'd go for the new nexus.

When you mean old gps.libs. How old are we talking here? Does anybody have the old gps.libs handy by any chance so that I can try that out also?
    The oldest one from htc stock.

I made a few zips for you guys to try. The libs are all built from source cleanly with `make gps.liberty`, so they should be safe... I mean the libs should (theoretically) have no conflicts. Anyway, NANDROID first!

(I think those filenames are self-expained.)
    Don't you think this issue should have been addressed by now?? For me form should functionality not the other way around. But thats just me.

Hope somebody in the CM project, the biggest and the best android project in the world, is listening. Kudos on the rest of the achievements. rolleyes

Thank you.

You really need to remember that you are running our test builds. We haven't actually released anything yet.
    Seems a lot of people are having problems so Id like to add

0. Power down phone manually then boot into clockwork manually (Power on while holding volume down)

1. Wipe data/factory reset
    2. Wipe cache
    3. Wipe Dalvik
    4. Install CM 7. Nightly
    4. Partitions menu > Format System

Step #4 can help you get past the bootlooping problem.
    5. Install GB-GoogleApps!
    6. Reboot and hello CM7

The 2.3 topic has the links.

Try using Move2SD Enabler so you can move apps2sd.

sent from my HTC Intruder
    A few notes:

• The problem with the install script was that the script was issuing an incorrect format command. This caused cm7 to install directly over cm6, retaining incompatible 2.2 code and causing bootloops in most cases unless a system format was done in clockwork manually prior to flashing cm7. This has been corrected, and system no longer has to be formatted before the cm7 is flashed for reliable operation as of the 01/19 nightly. You may still want to do this if you want to do a clean install with no gapps backup/restores.
    • A few of you have noted problems with wifi. There is no reason to expect CM7 to perform any differently than cm6.1.1 did regarding wifi. If you do, then there is probably an issue with your flash or with your wifi data. We are using essentially the same kernel and wifi drivers. Once again, no Broadcom driver set works with every access point out there. I've selected the ones that seem to work best for most people, including myself.
    • A few of you have noted issues with GPS. My experience with CM7 is that GPS locks very, very quickly. I used it today on a short road trip, and there was zero wait for GPS sync even after a. not using it for a few days and b. flashing a new test ROM. (Nothing changed regarding GPS). AGPS data is critical. If it's out of date, it can be a bear to sync. I suggest using GPS status (free in market) to update AGPS data and sync for the first time. Once that's done, GPS should be reliable thereafter.
    • Quadrant Benchmark does not work on Gingerbread. Notes for the product in market indicate that it does not yet support the Nexus S (the only production Gingerbread phone to date). If the Nexus S doesn't work with Quadrant, then I am afraid we all wait for a fix for Gingerbread before we worry about it any further.
    • For people who noted that the game "Air Control" did not work in CM6 - well, it does in CM7. Go figure.

jznomoney and I (for the Liberty device) and the rest of the CM team are still working hard & fast as we can to bring a full set of CM features and even more stability to this project. Enjoy.
    http://www.facebook.com/notes/cyanogenmod/cm7-nightly-builds/10150118709971183

Liberty is up there... I don't want to be the sacrificial guinea pig though ;)