(I9000) Baseband for 4.4 ?

Search This thread

dwqce

Mar 6, 2014
My baseband seems out of date XXJVU Baseband. With one is newer better for SlimKat Android 4.4 ?
Galaxy S (I9000)

Last edited:

dwqce

Mar 6, 2014
XXJVT-I9000-JB-KK.zip
XXJVU-I9000-JB-KK.zip
XXJW4-I9000-JB-KK.zip

with one is better?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Look under modems in
pinned.png
[Toolkit][A.I.O Rescue & Recovery] My Android Collection and select the modem meant for your region

razorfs

Dec 4, 2010
im not sure which one is best ? i would say stick to what you already have working for you already.

rasm523

Dec 9, 2011
im not sure which one is best ? i would say stick to what you already have working for you already.
Yes, indeed. The baseband is mainly responsible for your cell phone signal. But it depends on your region, which one's best for you. Basebands aren't usually included in the rom, so you can just go on using your current one, if you don't have any problems. I usually flash the latest stock firmware for my region before flashing the rom and then just leave the baseband. But you could also try flashing one of those: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14273164&postcount=4.

jp_dupuis

May 13, 2014
CM11 Nightly

Okay, so can anyone answer this? I've searched quite a bit and I don't have a definitive answer yet.

First off:

- I'm currently with an unlocked Bell Canada GT-I9000M (SGS) but my current carrier is Fido/Rogers.
- The current ROM is an official CM11 nightly ROM (20140513).
- I don't know what the kernel is (or that even matters). Kernel version says 3.0.101-g5fba4f build01@cyanogenmod #1

My baseband is I9000XXJVT

Now for my question...

I'm finding that my reception is crummy, terrible, just plain bad. I'm losing signal all the time. Can I flash one of these modems using ODIN even though they seem to be "older" modems and CM11 is KK?

My hunch is that I can but I want to bee 100% sure before attempting this.

Cheers,

J.P.

jp_dupuis

May 13, 2014
Okay, so can anyone answer this? I've searched quite a bit and I don't have a definitive answer yet.

First off:

- I'm currently with an unlocked Bell Canada GT-I9000M (SGS) but my current carrier is Fido/Rogers.
- The current ROM is an official CM11 nightly ROM (20140513).
- I don't know what the kernel is (or that even matters). Kernel version says 3.0.101-g5fba4f build01@cyanogenmod #1

My baseband is I9000XXJVT

Now for my question...

I'm finding that my reception is crummy, terrible, just plain bad. I'm losing signal all the time. Can I flash one of these modems using ODIN even though they seem to be "older" modems and CM11 is KK?

My hunch is that I can but I want to bee 100% sure before attempting this.

Cheers,

J.P.

Well, I got ahead of myself and well, it didn't work. Good thing I had stock ready to reflash.