Xperia ZR C5503 can't start up while trying root it(10.4.1.B.0.101)

Search This thread

mythomasy

Nov 2, 2011
HELP!!
new bought c5503, upgraded to the latest 10.4.1.B.0.101.
I unlocked the bootloader first, then use 'fastboot' flash the CWM recovery(v6.0.3.6), after that, my phone can't start up, only show the "free xperia" logo, and the xperia logo, then the screen mess, repeat and repeat.
I can go into the cwm recovery with the "UP" volume key.
is there anyone can help me with this situation? many thanks!!!

vuckiez

Mar 12, 2014
Yogyakarta
HELP!!
I unlocked the bootloader first, then use 'fastboot' flash the CWM recovery(v6.0.3.6), after that, my phone can't start up, only show the "free xperia" logo, and the xperia logo, then the screen mess, repeat and repeat.

well.. if you can enter the recovery mode, you can clean flash again the rom, make sure you wipe factory data, partition chace and dalvik chace, and then flash it, and then flash gapps.. i've been there in that situation manytimes, even worse..! try as many as rom suits you.. for now im using unoficial carbon rom for xperia zr.. hope it would help ;)

danyznd123

Jun 21, 2013
Beirut
HELP!!
I guess that you have flashed a custom kernel and tried to make a normal boot ...Xperia ZR won't boot normaly when you flash a custom kernel!!Just enter to recovery mode,flash root files,and then flash the stock kernel and the device will boot normaly

mythomasy

Nov 2, 2011
well.. if you can enter the recovery mode, you can clean flash again the rom, make sure you wipe factory data, partition chace and dalvik chace, and then flash it, and then flash gapps.. i've been there in that situation manytimes, even worse..! try as many as rom suits you.. for now im using unoficial carbon rom for xperia zr.. hope it would help ;)

Thank you very much, it does help!!

mythomasy

Nov 2, 2011
I guess that you have flashed a custom kernel and tried to make a normal boot ...Xperia ZR won't boot normaly when you flash a custom kernel!!Just enter to recovery mode,flash root files,and then flash the stock kernel and the device will boot normaly

Thanks a lot, i tried to flash the stock kernel and it did work !:victory: