[ROM][2.3.5] Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC 2.5 [Mar. 2, 2012]

Search This thread

Rich3077

Dec 22, 2011
Curious... what happened exactly? I've saved mine from a dunk in a glass of water and its now my active development phone. Runs anything.

Somehow my phone reverted back to it's like new settings.. as in original phone number and such. (Original MDN/MIN pair and SID/NID pair)When I tried to fix it I discovered that the store who did the flash did not use the correct numbers from my phone and I was unable to get the numbers from MetroPCS, so the phone is not in their system. Now I gotta pay somebody to enter my phone into the system again. At least now I know how to back this information up.

bigmoneygrip23

May 10, 2011
St. Louis
Anyone using firerats mod with this ROM? Just wondering if its possible bc I have only 95M of internal memory available after a fresh wipe and install.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Not sure, but I dont think so. This rom doesnt play well with this FR. But if I know Matt and Dastin, theyll probably try to get it into the mix lol. They just havent had alot of toime to work on any updates as of lately, thyve got alot of projects going on along with school as well, We'll just have to be patient and see what the future brings...Later:cool:

Reactions: NineInchNails

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Yup. Sorry but life issues have been more the priority. We can't really trim it down more though. Sense requires many apks that work together and that's what takes up the space.

Sent from my HTX Zero Hero running our Sense 3.5 builds

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Deleted by user:
Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

Last edited:

thanku7

Aug 17, 2010

What do you mean?
Anyway, I have a question, Matt. I really like this rom, but when I use this rom, it's getting slower. So, I deleted some apps in System as much as I can, like these apps;

rom manager (i don't use it much), google+, HTC Like, calculator, voice search, voice mail, google search box, mail (but not gmail), HTC soundSetDownloader, gtalk, etc.... lots of apps. (even I deleted HTC Quick Launcher because I don't use them)

Now, my phone with this rom is not getting slower but stable (in the system, there are still lots of HTC apps. but i don't know which I can delete) Now I have 90MB available free space even after I installed 20 apps which I need daily. One problem is that I cannot change ringtone or notification sound in Setting (due to force close, I think I made a mistake by deleting some essential apps). Actually, I don't know which apps I can delete so that they doesn't affect the functionality of the phone. I think you know which app doesn't affect.

Could you make another branch of this rom, which has only essential apps by deleting extra apps? it can be called 'the lightest version.' Just in case some users want to have an app which have been deleted, you can make another folder in the rom to keep the deleted apps and people can install by themselves using adb or root explorer.

I want to hear of your idea and any comment about it.

Thanks for your contribution and effort a lot, Matt and all Team Hydra members, and jaybob!!!

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Deleted by user:

Last edited:

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Deleted by user:

Last edited:

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Knock it off. Delete out the curse words or I personally will report the posts. Pstevep and the other mods have better things to do then to edit your posts. And IF they feel it's necessary they can and will ban you. Anyone remember Kifno?? I know Dastin does. No one was right in this situation. Let's end it there.

To answer the original question that started this all.... in the sandbox is just a term I use for when I get to "play"/develop... 2nd I don't think it hard for any user to delete an app they don't want to use. Dastin and I finesse this rom to the way we would like it. We love suggestions on how to improve it by any means. But removing apps is a simple task that can be done by the average user. So a lighter version is not in the works. Sorry.

I'm having a really hard time getting MMS incorporated. Been at it for over 10 hours right now... Didn't like coming back to the thread and seeing all this after working that long to get nowhere. Just came on quick to check like I do normally because I LOVE XDA and our Heroc forums.

I'm just going to get this out of the way IF anyone even thought of asking it....

NO ETA's.. don't bother asking.... if you know me you know why

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

+800 :D 10char

Last edited:

NineInchNails

Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Still working on it... fyi

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

:D:D:D:D I GOT IT... MMS working from flashed status.. And I'll get this out of the way now. It'll only work for Sprint activated phones. If your on a different carrier it may work but I have no idea and no way to test it.

Last edited:

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
first, the devs are awesome, zero hero rocks

second, is there a way to get the old sense look back? with the curved shorter app drawer-phone-add stuff buttons? this rom is stable as a rock and the only thing i could ask for is the old look. if not its not a big deal

thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Hydra presents Zero Hero for the HTC Hero CDMA.

f88Wwur0

Team Hydra is composed of dastin1015, flashinglights and MattCrystal. We will be working alongside Team Suicide whose members include tazzpatriot, condemndsoul, and macrodroid to give you the best Sense 3.5 experience.

Zero Hero is based of the leaked RUU of the HTC Pico. Major thanks to our Chinese friend idogx who build for the Chinese version of the Hero CDMA. He helped a lot getting this thing off the ground.

71lJMCxd

YKoSyw5G

• Pico Release RUU Base
    • Calls
    • Messaging
    • GPS
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Sensors
    • LED's
    • HTC Task Killer app
    • Video Recording
    • HTC Hub, HTC Likes
    • Weather Animations
    • Correct carrier detection
    • Browser

6645IbUM

• Rom will do a soft reboot during Setup, This is normal and won't happen a second time.
    • Facebook app from Market doesn't work - no idea as to why... FriendStream works better
    • If you get a Wifi error trying to turn it on just reboot, it'll be fine

5WUeFL7k

OFFICIAL
    Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC 2.5 03022012

Tweaked Version
    ZeroHeroTweaked.zip

PP1FssZz

• flashinglights
    • dastin1015
    • MattCrystal
    • idogx
    • tazzpatriot
    • Hintay
    • condemndsoul
    • macrodroid

kK1YHta2

• Wipe system, data, cache, and boot.
    • Flash format zip's if you want to.
    • Flash Zero Hero.
    • Reboot.

BNGFyoWW

Data shutting off is not an issue, it's a battery saving measure HTC built into Sense 3.5, to change this go to Settings, Wireless and Networks, Mobile Networks, click Enable always-on mobile data.
    WiFi shutting off is also not an issue, HTC battery saving measure, to change this go to Settings, Wireless and Networks, WiFi Settings, click the Menu button, click Advanced, Select WiFi sleep policy, Select never.

GitHub Repo: Zero Hero Sense 3.5

Here is a desktop wallpaper for your personal use! :) Just set it as a tile wallpaper.
    IIpR6LVa

Here is a wallpaper for your phone! Enjoy! :)
    hUNI7VER
    B4lUpUrj

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC 2.5 03022012 |
    • Matched With GSM Hero
    • Bluetooth Fix
    • Tweaked

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 03022012 |
    • Bluetooth Fix
    • Removed Apps
    Old download: 03022012

| Tweaked Zero Hero Sense 3.5 |
    • Trimmed down as much as we could
    • Placed back in the original Phone.apk (looks better, seems to function better)
    • Tweaks - SD speed, loopy smoothness (helps launcher), Kickass Kernal (zeppelinrox), touchscreen responsiveness, optimized sqlite, Livewallpaper set to memory, and a bunch of other background tweaks to help stability.

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC2 |
    • MMS Fixed yet again.. I mean it this time... Works from flashed status finally (Sprint tested only)
    • Removed More Locale app - use was for GSM side
    Old Download:

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC1 |
    • Remove GSM Branch and Give Them Their Own Repo (Github Side Only) [Dorian]
    • Add Missing Apps? (Dorian)
    • Removed Extra Maps (Dorian)
    • New boot.img with Low Memory Killer Tweaks (Matt) [Credit to zepplinrox cause Matt used his script to find these values]

Old download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC1

| Zero Hero Sense 12302011 |
    • Camera is fixed now (Dorian)
    • Removed extra apps (Dorian)
    • Removed unneeded images (Matt)
    • MMS fix! (Matt)
    • APN changes (Matt)
    • Smaller Phone.apk (Matt)
    • Permission changes (Matt)
    • Made some room on system (Dorian)
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12302011

| Zero Hero Sense 12252011 (XDA Xmas Present) |
    • Location (Matt)
    • APN's hopefully (Matt)
    • Updated databases (Matt)
    • Updated Apps (dastin)
    • Removed unnecessary Apps (dastin)
    • Remove cert files (dastin)
    • GSM support (dastin)
    Old download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12252011

| Zero Hero Sense 12232011 |
    • init.d fixes (Matt)
    • think I fixed it build :)
    Old download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12232011

| Zero Hero Sense 12222011 |
    • Proximity Sensory Fixes (Matt)
    • Some Call Lag Fixes (Matt)
    • build.prop fixes (Matt)
    • Removed 2 Unnecessary Apps (Matt)
    • Remove Unnecessary init.d Files (dastin)
    Old download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12222011

| Zero Hero Sense 12182011 |
    • Extended Reboot Options
    • Extended Quick Settings
    • Working Accounts
    • Added Missing Apps
    • Removed Chinese Language
    • Removed Chinese Mail Providers
    • Removed Chinese Bookmarks
    • Added English Bookmarks
    • Added English Mail Providers
    • Latest .35 Kernel
    • Added Updated Google Apps
    • Updated build.prop
    • Add init.d Files
    • Add Heroc Image to Setup Wizard
    • MMS Sizes Are 500K, 1M, and 2M (2M Default)
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12182011

| Zero Hero Sense 12082011 |
    • Merge Hintay Fixes (Google Sync, Extended Settings, etc.)
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12082011

| Zero Hero 12062011 |
    • Add YouTube
    • Add Gmail
    • Add GAPPS
    • Remove Double Maps
    • Add Heroc Image to Setup Wizard
    • Update Updater-Script
    • Remove Chinese Apps & Widgets
    • Add init.d
    • Revert To Older Superuser
    • Add Bootsound
    • Update build.prop
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12062011

| Zero Hero 12042011 |
    • idogx's new RUU base
    • MMS sizes are 500K, 1M, 2M (2M default) [Dorian]
    • Added HTC Facebook [Dorian]
    • Removed all languages except American English [Dorian]
    • build.prop changes [Dorian]
    • Newer .29.6 kernel added [Dorian]
    • Changed Chinese bookmarks to English [Dorian]
    • Changed homepage to Google [Dorian]
    • Changed Chinese mail providers to English mail providers [Dorian]
    • Removed Chinese apps [Dorian]
    • Added Google Apps [Dorian]
    • Added Market 3.3.12 [Dorian]
    • Some other fixes I can't remember :p [Dorian]
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12042011

| Zero Hero Beta 4 |
    • HTC Facebook and FriendStream fix [MattCrystal]
    • MMS sizes are now 500K, 1M and 2M (2M default) [Dorian]
    Old download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 Beta 4

| Zero Hero Beta 3 |
    • Based on Beta 4 from the Chinese forums. [Dorian]
    • MMS & SMS fixed [Dorian]
    • Smoother and faster than previous build [Dorian]
    • USB working [Dorian]
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 Beta 3
    Old Mirror: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 Beta 3

| Zero Hero Beta 2 |
    • Changed boot.img to possibly fix flashing errors for some people [Dorian]
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 Beta 2
    Old Mirror: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 Beta 2

| Zero Hero Beta 1 |
    • Merged with Suicide Sense Beta 3 from Eris
    • build.prop changes
    • JIT enabled
    • Dalvik heap size increased
    • Fingerprint changed (should fix the problem with downloaded market apps force closing)
    • Browser fixed [Team Suicide]
    • Framework APN changes
    • Some 3.5 widgets/apps added [Team Suicide]
    • Should be a tad bit snappier from first release
    • HTC Hub should be fixed
    • Android Setup recognizes phone as heroc at startup (you won't notice unless You look at the phone icon on the first screen of the setup process =])
    • Hidden quick settings enabled [Team Suicide] [will make some changes when I get the time. -flash]
    • Advanced powerdown menu [Team Suicide] [menu has issues, still works though. will be fix in next release -flash]
    • All apk's resigned
    • HTC File Manager added under /data/app for easy uninstall if needed.
    • Bootsound enabled
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 Beta 1

2lO026VD
    OP Updated To RC2!!!!

We are proud to announce to you RC2 is now released!! :D Changelog and Issues updated. Be sure to check them out.

MMS is finally fixed for sure this time... I promise. SMS over 160 chars still won't send but GoSMS or similar will. Not a major update but it's nice to have it fixed finally. I worked many many many hours trying to figure this one out. Sorry it took forever but it's worth it now.

If you still have APN Manager and APN Backup and Restore still installed you can remove them after you've done the fix. This update isn't really anything special besides getting MMS to work from a flashed status. It's up to you whether or not you want to reflash. Bluetooth is working... No idea why it won't work for those of you who get soft boots from it.

I'm going to try and do what I can for FriendStream and Facebook app problems. I have looked into it and have gone backwards so I may never get it fixed right. There's really not much more we can do to the Rom. We could trim it down but we feel it's fine where it's at. Titanium Backup is installed so you can easily remove any app you choose.

Please do enjoy our hard work. And remember donations aren't required but certainly are appreciated :D Thank you to those of you who have donated. I will be adding your names to the OP as being donors to the Rom.
    Merry Christmas XDA

OP Updated

Hopefully those of you with missing texts and MMS have better luck with this. Please let me know as I don't send many MMS or receive many so it's hard to test. Calls are still buggy at best but I've managed to receive every call that came in.

Plus side is the Rom is stable and overclockable if you choose to do so thanks to the .35 kernel from Jaybob413 :)

Merry Christmas XDA from Team Hydra
    Ok I've got a new update and it works. I'll upload it tomorrow.

Has the reboot options, extended quick settings, working accounts, added missing apps, removed Chinese language, removed Chinese mail providers, added English mail providers, removed Chinese bookmarks, added English bookmarks, latest .35 kernel added, updated Google apps, changed build.prop, added init.d files, added heroc image to Setup Wizard, MMS sizes are 500K, 1M, and 2M, among other changes

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。