wifi calling keeps failing

Search This thread

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
So, running Wicked V4 since it came out. Zero issues has been fine. Now, after having flashed CM, Wifi calling keeps breaking. I reflashed V4 last night, wifi calling working fine. Set everything up, still working fine. Wake up this morning, working fine. Get home from work, does not work at all.

It says I am not connected to a wifi network, but I am connected too my home network. Any ideas?

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Shut everything off and then Wi-Fi on then after connected Wi-Fi calling on. Make sure Wi-Fi call is prefered

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

Tried that. Same issue. Says I am not connected to wifi. Just makes no sense.

Does CM screw stuff up on this phone requiring a full restore to fix or is there a way to do a complete restore with the dialer? I know when I had the GS3 for verizon CM would absolutely screw stuff up if you flashed it. You could fix it by typing a reset code into the dialer. Didn't see one though for the Note 3.

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Tried that. Same issue. Says I am not connected to wifi. Just makes no sense.

Does CM screw stuff up on this phone requiring a full restore to fix or is there a way to do a complete restore with the dialer? I know when I had the GS3 for verizon CM would absolutely screw stuff up if you flashed it. You could fix it by typing a reset code into the dialer. Didn't see one though for the Note 3.

Wait did u do a dirty flash? Wicked needs a clean install cause of all the changes made

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Wait did u do a dirty flash? Wicked needs a clean install cause of all the changes made

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

yes, last night wiped system/data/cache/dalvik cache. Flashed rom, set up. Restored apps via mybackup pro, setup wanam module. Woke up this morning to wifi calling still working fine no issues.

Got home from work and wifi calling doesn't work. I reinstalled everything that way, because the backup I restored magically had wifi calling broken after wiping everything from a flash of CM.

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
yes, last night wiped system/data/cache/dalvik cache. Flashed rom, set up. Restored apps via mybackup pro, setup wanam module. Woke up this morning to wifi calling still working fine no issues.

Got home from work and wifi calling doesn't work. I reinstalled everything that way, because the backup I restored magically had wifi calling broken after wiping everything from a flash of CM.

I would call T-Mobile and have them reset you.

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
connected to wifi, wifi calling says I am not connected to wifi. That is a system error, nothing T-mo can fix. If they can mess with that, I really regret switching to T-mo...

If all u get it not connected to Wi-Fi go into Wi-Fi services and forget network reboot and add ur home network. If that don't work time for a reset and clean flash do not restore Android home from my back up pro

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
If all u get it not connected to Wi-Fi go into Wi-Fi services and forget network reboot and add ur home network. If that don't work time for a reset and clean flash do not restore Android home from my back up pro

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

I didn't restore that. I know better than to do that. This is really frustrating. Just going to factory reset, see what happens, if no dice, I'll full restore tomorrow back to stock and reroot and see what happens.

unless anyone else has any other ideas.

eclipxe

Jan 14, 2007
There is a bug in Wanam that overwrites system/csc/feature.xml - causing WIFI calling to break.

Download the update to Wanam (2.6.1?)

Then go to file manager system/csc/feature.xml and you should see a feature.xml.bak - replace feature.xml with feature.xml.bak, then apply your Wanam mods.

BLuff.Master

Sep 1, 2010
There is a bug in Wanam that overwrites system/csc/feature.xml - causing WIFI calling to break.

Then go to file manager system/csc/feature.xml and you should see a feature.xml.bak - replace feature.xml with feature.xml.bak, then apply your Wanam mods.

Life Saver, I thought i messed up something really bad.
I cleaned Cache/Dalvik Cache. was about to clean install a new Rom.
Glad I found your post. :)

Side note : Since I have downloaded a DarthStalker will give it a shot. (Currently on Jedi)

Hmm I'm gonna try this because lately my WiFi has been saying connection unstable yet everything in my home runs fine off WiFi except my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati

You sir are awesome!

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

So, running Wicked V4 since it came out. Zero issues has been fine. Now, after having flashed CM, Wifi calling keeps breaking. I reflashed V4 last night, wifi calling working fine. Set everything up, still working fine. Wake up this morning, working fine. Get home from work, does not work at all.

It says I am not connected to a wifi network, but I am connected too my home network. Any ideas?

I had the "wifi" problem this morning. The error that I would get was something like my wifi signal was unstable and was switching over to data mode. My fix was simple. I power cycled my router and modem and BAM my note 3 connected immidiatelty to my network. I hope this helps anyone that is having this issue.

ROADKING17

Aug 17, 2013

What do you mean by replacing it... Need help thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Glad I could help! I went through several restores and flashes trying to solve this!