Google Play Music Not Reading Files From OTG

Search This thread

The-Droidster

May 27, 2012
XDA 24 x 7
Hi Guys, is there a way to force Google Play Music or any other music player for that matter to read and list the music files from a flash drive connected to the OTG interface? I would like a way to list the music from the portable drive in the library of the music player.:confused:

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
Hi Guys, is there a way to force Google Play Music or any other music player for that matter to read and list the music files from a flash drive connected to the OTG interface? I would like a way to list the music from the portable drive in the library of the music player.:confused:

ill throw some music on my sd card with a meenova otg card reader and see what power amp does with it
will report back

Update: power amp doesn't have a problem with reading it. Though do note that I'm using a kernel that supports auto mounting it (chaos kernel on latest omni build) instead of an app like stick mount
syge6yse.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Droidster

The-Droidster

May 27, 2012
XDA 24 x 7
A file manager perhaps like ES or RE? And guess the quality LOL

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A file manager is not exactly I'm looking for. I use stick mount to mount the flash drive and can access the contents through any of the File managers as you said. But what I'm looking for, is a music player that scans the flash drive like any other folder for possible music files and includes them in the library on the go.

ill throw some music on my sd card with a meenova otg card reader and see what power amp does with it
will report back

Will be really helpful if you could check. I'll happily buy the player on the store if you can confirm this.

EDIT: Wow, thanx! That should do it. I'm on ElementalX and use Stick Mount, so that shouldn't be a problem. But its really annoying that most players including the GoogleMusic Player do not support this functionality. Anyways, thanx for your quick reply and help! :good:
Time to buy poweramp I guess! :)

Last edited:

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
A file manager is not exactly I'm looking for. I use stick mount to mount the flash drive and can access the contents through any of the File managers as you said. But what I'm looking for, is a music player that scans the flash drive like any other folder for possible music files and includes them in the library on the go.

Will be really helpful if you could check. I'll happily buy the player on the store if you can confirm this.

edited my original post with screenshots with my findings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A file manager perhaps like ES or RE? And guess the quality LOL

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

will report back

Update: power amp doesn't have a problem with reading it. Though do note that I'm using a kernel that supports auto mounting it (chaos kernel on latest omni build) instead of an app like stick mount
    syge6yse.jpg