[Q] Xperia Home Lags

Search This thread

TakamineSubasa

Sep 4, 2011
I don't know if its me, but everytime i try to add an small app or anything that puts an extra layer on the screen (like invisible gesture bars) will make Xperia Home to lag, and its not the common lag but the scroll lag (like the one you get when you are on landscape mode)... Oddly enough, a home replacemente like Apex fix this issue.

Its worth mentioning that it does NOT happen in any other place except in Xperia Home

Anyone having the same behaviour? :confused:

EDIT1: I think i may have found the culprit... It's SystemUI, if i close SystemUI, lag goes away in home, and disabling wallpaper service from SystemUI also kills the lag... I'm using niaboc swiping toggles. I'll try another SystemUI to see if i manage to address this issue

Last edited:

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Xperias Lag alot
Especialy these old ones there is no away around it, and yes its common in high layer apps such as home

SystemUI is status bar, alot of errors are caused when it isnt running so its best to leave it alone

TakamineSubasa

Sep 4, 2011
Well, is not that Xperias lags alot, in fact i've never experience any lag, and in general system is very smooth, is just that home conflicts with systemui wallpaper service, so i just replaced home (with go launcher in this case) and everything works smoothly even with invisible app layers, or small apps, etc..

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
SystemUI is the status bar, hardware acceleration on overlay and its a wallpaper manager

It is core system app

Using modded versions may cause alot of lag

Take not that old devices can slow down due to wear n tear

Firmwares slow down too but thats because of how well its coded, xperias from 2010-2013 are usualy terrible

Xperias after sp and Z are generaly better

TakamineSubasa

Sep 4, 2011
SystemUI is the status bar, hardware acceleration on overlay and its a wallpaper manager

It is core system app

Using modded versions may cause alot of lag

Take not that old devices can slow down due to wear n tear

Firmwares slow down too but thats because of how well its coded, xperias from 2010-2013 are usualy terrible

Xperias after sp and Z are generaly better

In this case is purely a bad coded, unoptimized firmware issue, since i've tried from stock to many modded systemui and all got the same behaviour and conflicts with the ImageWallpaper service in systemUI....

Anyway i'm using Go Launcher with the 3D core and issue went away