[Q] Buying Canadian model to use on AT&T?

Search This thread

Cryceratops

Aug 19, 2013
Vancouver
Hello there,

Since the American versions of this phone seem to be bootloader locked, would it be possible to get the Canadian version, on say, Rogers, which isn't bootloader locked, and use it on AT&T? Would I get LTE this way as well? Thanks.

jb_alphamale

Apr 11, 2011
I sold a Canadian HTC M7 from Telus on the US market with the bootloader unlocked but the new owner could not simply insert his SIM into the phone. It was SIM locked. Locked bootloader is completely different story than locked SIM (the device is locked to work only with a particular carrier's SIM). I had to get an unlock code and then worked. Be aware about this.
Here is your explanation:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/44782/unlocked-device-vs-unlocked-bootloader

Hello there,

Since the American versions of this phone seem to be bootloader locked, would it be possible to get the Canadian version, on say, Rogers, which isn't bootloader locked, and use it on AT&T? Would I get LTE this way as well? Thanks.

Reactions: Cryceratops

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely. Should work no problem. Just add apn settings and simcard

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    I sold a Canadian HTC M7 from Telus on the US market with the bootloader unlocked but the new owner could not simply insert his SIM into the phone. It was SIM locked. Locked bootloader is completely different story than locked SIM (the device is locked to work only with a particular carrier's SIM). I had to get an unlock code and then worked. Be aware about this.
    Here is your explanation:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/44782/unlocked-device-vs-unlocked-bootloader

Hello there,