it died on me for no apparent reason...

Search This thread

ihatelolcats

Oct 29, 2012
nearly was late for work because my phone died and i was using it as an alarm. what could have drained 50% battery in 6 hours and not show? wifi was off

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-06-07-01-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-07-01-03.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 7,892

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Except it's green meaning full signal all the way to death...

what you didnt post is the page with what was using your battery by %. now how are we supposed to tell you what happened and what used your battery? this thread is pointless because you gave us no usable information. what i got from the info that you did post is that a UFO flew by you and drained your battery of its power. and the thing is, my guess will be just as good as any other guess.

ihatelolcats

Oct 29, 2012
what you didnt post is the page with what was using your battery by %. now how are we supposed to tell you what happened and what used your battery? this thread is pointless because you gave us no usable information. what i got from the info that you did post is that a UFO flew by you and drained your battery of its power. and the thing is, my guess will be just as good as any other guess.

sorry but there was nothing out of the ordinary there so i didnt even think to screenshot it. by a large margin the screen used the most % battery. i thought it might have stuck on but that's not shown in the above shot

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
sorry but there was nothing out of the ordinary there so i didnt even think to screenshot it. by a large margin the screen used the most % battery. i thought it might have stuck on but that's not shown in the above shot

right, not in the posted shot. could have been an app that decided not to go away and drain your battery instead.

Reactions: thesebastian

ihatelolcats

Oct 29, 2012
is that a known problem with the alarm app itself? stock rom
there just wasn't anything that stood out to me on the app battery use list

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
is that a known problem with the alarm app itself? stock rom
there just wasn't anything that stood out to me on the app battery use list

stock alarm app, no. but you do have a lot of wakelocks. when the screen is shown off, your device should be asleep. your device shows a lot of activity when your screens off(ironically, not when the supposed battery drain happened though, so i cant say thats why it drained).

CasualStarlord

Mar 2, 2010
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Do you use exchange at all? I've had a lot of phones (android mostly htc and iphones) hit bugs from exchange in push mode and burn through their battery really quickly constantly trying to sync and hitting an error.

I charge mine on my dresser next to my head, and also use it as an alarm, I'd recommend charging it over night :D

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Do you use exchange at all? I've had a lot of phones (android mostly htc and iphones) hit bugs from exchange in push mode and burn through their battery really quickly constantly trying to sync and hitting an error.

I charge mine on my dresser next to my head, and also use it as an alarm, I'd recommend charging it over night :D

i charge it every night, and its also by me every night, as its also my only alarm.

Soul reaper

Apr 9, 2012
UltraMusic Fest
Stock apps have no such issue as till date.Except for apps that use internet /wifi consume a lot of battery. So switch of those frst or keep ur cell on flight mode. The battery consumption may be due to gplay service, account sync,gmaps etc. I don't own a nexus device but I have experienced this kind of behaviour with my phone sometimes with a hot back cover sometimes.Try using apps like greenify to control this prob(or switch of ur network @ night/use lower cpu values + governers like powersave/conservative)

Top Liked Posts