soft-BRICKED -

Search This thread

jljaries42@gmail.com

May 11, 2014
Stuck at boot animation.

I was trying to get the settings.apk working again.

Rebooted a few times. No problems.

I think restoring the wrong app and data with Titanium may have done it.

Anything new on debricking? - I'm passed the point of normal returns at Amzn.

Thanks

rp201

Dec 18, 2010
When installing xposed module for xbmc launcher, I did not load xbmc.apk Therefore system was stuck.(tried launching an app that did not exist) I thought bricked. after unplugging and plugging in a few times I was able to connect via adb which I achieved bye
adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect IP
on every unplug/plug in reboot.

I eventually got in and uninstalled the launcher. sometimes it would hang on the amazon screen and reboot. sometimes it showed the launcher and how it could not find and png file. was behaving differently which I thought strange. hope this helps.

jljaries42@gmail.com

May 11, 2014
When installing xposed module for xbmc launcher, I did not load xbmc.apk Therefore system was stuck.(tried launching an app that did not exist) I thought bricked. after unplugging and plugging in a few times I was able to connect via adb which I achieved bye
adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect IP

I eventually got in and uninstalled the launcher. sometimes it would hang on the amazon screen and reboot. sometimes it showed the launcher and how it could not find and png file. was behaving differently which I thought strange. hope this helps.

I'm trying this now.

I wonder if a soft boot will work the same.

I plugged in a USB keyboard and found that Ctrl-Alt-Del does a soft boot.

Thanks

millsy1973

Jun 28, 2014
adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect IP

i am having this very issue, tried to uninstall the xbmclauncher.apk but i keep getting 'Failed' . i have also tried installing the xbmc.apk again but thats not working either. i fear i may have a brick :(. all i am getting onscreen is the 'Activity org.xbmc.xbmc/blah,blah.splash not found. i am able to connect with adb and get adb shell and su, im baffled and worried, any help would be greatly received, thanks

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
i am having this very issue, tried to uninstall the xbmclauncher.apk but i keep getting 'Failed' . i have also tried installing the xbmc.apk again but thats not working either. i fear i may have a brick :(. all i am getting onscreen is the 'Activity org.xbmc.xbmc/blah,blah.splash not found. i am able to connect with adb and get adb shell and su, im baffled and worried, any help would be greatly received, thanks

Since you can get in and have root once you're in, you have lots of options.

Try an adb install of xbmc and the launcher you'd tried to install, for starters.

You can also push the update into /cache and then force an update - take a look at fire general for the how to force an install thread. That will cure Xposed issues by refreshing the framework files that Xposed changes.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

No ADB. No ping.

My USB flash drive does blink a few times tho.

A quick note on the suggestion I made a while back: Once the firmware update became available, I tried putting it (as update.zip and as bueller-ota-51.1.1.0_user_511069920-signed.bin) both at the root of the scard directory and as the only file on a fat32 foratted thumb drive, and doing
adb reboot recovery (yes, each of the four possible permutations.)

All to no avail. Conclusion: It's pretty easy to brick this device. And not easy to fix it yet.

I'm rooting for my dvd player to get Prime, at which point I'm much less dependent on the fire, as it supports smb and netflix already, not to mention a service I'm really enjoying the digital concert hall from the Berlin Philharmonic.

mejdam

May 12, 2008
Stuck at boot animation.

I was trying to get the settings.apk working again.

Rebooted a few times. No problems.

I think restoring the wrong app and data with Titanium may have done it.

Anything new on debricking? - I'm passed the point of normal returns at Amzn.

Thanks

I did the exact same thing, i did a titanium backup of setting from my madcatz mojo that i was going to apply on the FTV. Mojo now supports Ouya Everywhere and i was going on restore that on the FTV and see if i can play ouya games on my fire tv. Now i have to wait for my new unit to arrive on tuesday :)

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Okay so i connected a Male to Male Usb 2.0 cable to the FTV with it was unplugged. Plugged the power cord and now i get fastboot to work. anything i can do to fix my FTV?

jljaries42@gmail.com

May 11, 2014

Recovery MODE might help

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799779

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    adb kill-server
    adb start-server
    adb connect IP