XPosed for Gingerbread: custom ROM-like features even with Locked bootloader

Search This thread

tomgaga

Feb 21, 2009
Leuven
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Hi all,
Just wanted to share what I found.
For all of you who are stuck on the gingerbread rom because of that ota, here is something cool: it's called XPosed and it has been backported to gingerbread. It is a framework that allows you to install modules that give some kind of functionality. Very cool!
Check this out if you are interested.
EDIT: I noticed that 2.4.1 works best at this moment for me, so I would recommend using 2.4.1 instead of 2.6.1

Last edited:

findthedr

Apr 4, 2012
thanks for the info.

I posted about this in October, but its nice to see an update.
I was able to get the latest xposed installer 2.6.1 on a stock, rooted 2.3.4 rom.

I currently am using these modules: xprivacy, xvolume, SPDY, and masterkeyfixGB.

I was previously using masterkeydualfix, but i couldnt get version 2.0 to work.....and it seems masterkeyfixGB fixes more security holes. Compared to version xposed installer 2.4.1, the latest makes it easy to find and download GB modules.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Hi all,
Just wanted to share what I found.
For all of you who are stuck on the gingerbread rom because of that ota, here is something cool: it's called XPosed and it has been backported to gingerbread. It is a framework that allows you to install modules that give some kind of functionality. Very cool!
Check this out if you are interested.
EDIT: I noticed that 2.4.1 works best at this moment for me, so I would recommend using 2.4.1 instead of 2.6.1

Is there an apk for 2.4.1? I can't find it.

tomgaga

Feb 21, 2009
Leuven
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Reactions: bobbyphoenix

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL

Top Liked Posts