[ALL IN ONE] The HTC Thunderbolt Tool!

Search This thread

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
There is a guide over at Infectedrom.com. I hate having to do say that to people especially in this thread but I'm not sure if trter is still working on the tool or not and it appears that people still need an unlock.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sandfox

Jan 7, 2010
I am in the same boot(pun intended) Cant find this tool and I really need it and Revolutionary wont work. Wrong hboot of course. I just got this phone and I want it s-off so I can flash radios. I have recovery installed and no problems there other than the fact that I cant get a rom to boot regardless of what I do. It lets me flash and when I flash the boot.img via fastboot I get the boot up screen from the droid dna that is included in the alien mod rom. I am familiar with fastboot and adb. Is there a way to unlock this bootloader that is a REAL unlock? Please help or point me towards a tool that works and has LIVE links none work that I have found and I have searched the other sites the op is on and same issue!

HTC THUNDERBOLT
HBOOT:1.05.0000
Radio:1.49.00.0406w_1:eek:

You will need to unload your bootloader before using this tool. If you are roming already then the bootloader is unlocked. I just need s-off and I am done.. Grr made it to the last part now I am stuck..

I finally found a copy here -- https://github.com/trter10/Thunderbolt-Tool/blob/master/ThunderboltTool.bat

I went through all the steps. My tb is now rooted but I cannot get back into the tool. It either says that it cannot read my bootloader info or that access is denied into the ~\support_files\here

I check the dir and the file "here" is in there but looks to be opening and closing rapidly.

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
cant seem to download a working tool!

You will need to unload your bootloader before using this tool. If you are roming already then the bootloader is unlocked. I just need s-off and I am done.. Grr made it to the last part now I am stuck..

I finally found a copy here -- https://github.com/trter10/Thunderbolt-Tool/blob/master/ThunderboltTool.bat

I went through all the steps. My tb is now rooted but I cannot get back into the tool. It either says that it cannot read my bootloader info or that access is denied into the ~\support_files\here

I check the dir and the file "here" is in there but looks to be opening and closing rapidly.

yeah, I am not sure. I just know that I cant flash roms on this phone and it really makes me angerfied! I downloaded as a zip and it does not run correctly it just tells me it does not have the files it needs which are clearly in the folder with it. Something is missing. I would be happy to just flash a rom on this phone to start with. Everytime I flash one it ends up at boot with the correct boot screen then it goes blue and turns off. I have a restore of stock but that is lame. Anyone know a rom I can flash with the dev unlock and radio that is stock? I have 1.05.000 and radio 1.49

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
The tool doesn't work on that hboot. You have to unlock through HTCdev.

Sandfox

Jan 7, 2010
yeah, I am not sure. I just know that I cant flash roms on this phone and it really makes me angerfied! I downloaded as a zip and it does not run correctly it just tells me it does not have the files it needs which are clearly in the folder with it. Something is missing. I would be happy to just flash a rom on this phone to start with. Everytime I flash one it ends up at boot with the correct boot screen then it goes blue and turns off. I have a restore of stock but that is lame. Anyone know a rom I can flash with the dev unlock and radio that is stock? I have 1.05.000 and radio 1.49

Have you unlocked your bootloader?

When you go into bootloader (pwr + vol down) what does it say at the top? (locked or unlocked)

If it says locked you will not be able to load a rom. go to htcdev and get your goldcard to unlock it. then run the tool.

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
Hate to sound repeditive but

The newest version of it does work with 1.05

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No links that I have found work.:crying:

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Have you unlocked your bootloader?

When you go into bootloader (pwr + vol down) what does it say at the top? (locked or unlocked)

If it says locked you will not be able to load a rom. go to htcdev and get your goldcard to unlock it. then run the tool.

I am dev unlocked my understanding is that this tool gives us S-OFF and I would be happy, happy, HAPPY

Sandfox

Jan 7, 2010
No links that I have found work.:crying:

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

I am dev unlocked my understanding is that this tool gives us S-OFF and I would be happy, happy, HAPPY

S-OFF is what I am looking to do. If you find any other way please let me know. Rev. wont work for me

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
You have to downgrade the hboot for it to work. There are guides for doing that.

Sandfox

Jan 7, 2010

I extracted the zip and ran the .bat file.

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
I did the same and it tells me I don't have any files which are clearly there. I thought u said it did not work for you?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

swizard210

Jul 15, 2008
I am very stuck on this tool. I have installed Drivers.exe. Opened the Thunderbolt.bat. Enter to S-Off and Root. No to back up (aka full wipe), Yes to being sure I want that. Enter to continue. Then it loads a "fast boot" screen on my phone, with the options of Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootloader, Power Down.

On the computer at this time it just gets stuck at Gatherin Device information. ANd it also says if it takes longer than 15 seconds to install Driver.exe and tray a different USB (non 3.0) port. I have tried all 3 USB ports on my old IBM laptop. I keep getting stuck at this point.

ANY IDEAS???

quickdraw86

Feb 1, 2012
Harrisburg, SD
I am very stuck on this tool. I have installed Drivers.exe. Opened the Thunderbolt.bat. Enter to S-Off and Root. No to back up (aka full wipe), Yes to being sure I want that. Enter to continue. Then it loads a "fast boot" screen on my phone, with the options of Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootloader, Power Down.

On the computer at this time it just gets stuck at Gatherin Device information. ANd it also says if it takes longer than 15 seconds to install Driver.exe and tray a different USB (non 3.0) port. I have tried all 3 USB ports on my old IBM laptop. I keep getting stuck at this point.

ANY IDEAS???

I didn't use this method to root, but I know quite a few that have had success with this:

http://www.forums.infectedrom.com/showthread.php?t=1923

jmvaught

Oct 18, 2010
Conway, SC
I have all that's needed. First you can get the tool from a link that I have. PM me if you need it. Don't want to post the link here because I'm not sure what the rules are on that.

quickdraw86

Feb 1, 2012
Harrisburg, SD
I have all that's needed. First you can get the tool from a link that I have. PM me if you need it. Don't want to post the link here because I'm not sure what the rules are on that.
User mirrored links are fine so long as the user that posts the link doesn't attempt to take credit for the work of others, and so long as the developer hadn't explicitly stated that they don't want alternative links.

Tldr; sharing a link in the thread would be perfectly fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool is your all-in-one toolbox for the HTC Thunderbolt.

With it, you can:

1. S-OFF and Root
    2. Unroot
    3. Install 4ext recovery app to flash it
    4. Boot menu: Reboot, Hot reboot, Reboot recovery, Reboot to fastboot, Reboot to hboot, Power off
    5. Disable HTC OTA Updates
    6. Run an ADB/Fastboot Command Prompt
    7. Install Busybox via an app

SCREENSHOT:

Screeny.png

CREDITS:

*ChainsDD - Superuser

*The Revolutionary team:
    Adam Glasgall, Joshua Wise, Koush Dutta, Kenny Millington, Eric
    Smaxwill, Michael Sullivan, 0xf4b, Ryan Pearl, Sen Verbrugge, Matt
    Mastracci, Matthew Fogle, Sebastion Krahmer, BumbleDroid, Scott
    Walker, attn1, Kevin Bruckert, and toastcfh - Revolutionary S-OFF

*The Revolutionary Team - ZergRush

*Kevin Bruckert (Agrabren) and #TeamWin - fre3vo exploit

*Koushik Dutta - ClockWorkMod recoveries

*TeamWin - TWRP recovery

*@MadMaxx82_xda on twitter - 4ext recovery & app

*TrueBlue_Drew @ XDA - Splash Flasher (Currently Unimplemented)

*AndroidGod -Being my official beta tester for the unrooter

*Goldfish - Foooood

*My fan - I got hot while making this ok?

*Zomboy & MonstercatMedia - For making the sick music I listened to while writing this

*HTC - They kinda like, made the phone.

*Me - Everything else was my original work. And because I'm a conceited jerk. ;P

INSTRUCTIONS:

Run ThunderboltTool.exe, then run ThunderboltTool.bat in the folder you chose to extract to.

READ THE README THAT POPS UP ON THE FIRST RUN AND FOLLOW ALL ITS DIRECTIONS!!!!

CHANGELOG:

Changelog can be found here: https://github.com/trter10/Thunderbolt-Tool/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

DOWNLOAD:

http://goo.im/devs/trter10/ThunderboltTool.exe

MD5 is on download page.

ENJOY! :)
    You wanna see a magic trick? I'm gonna make this user... disappear.
    Here's a link to v1.1.0 beta.

Warning: This has been tested extensively by me and should work. If you encounter any problems let me know.
    Also, my file host never got fixed, so this version is not self-updating.

http://goo.im/devs/trter10/Thunderbolt-Tool-v1.1-BETA.zip

Comments are appreciated!
    Good news! I received a generous donation yesterday, and I am able to buy a used thunderbolt! :laugh:

Tool should be done and tested by the end of the week, as long as the shipping is relatively quick.

Thanks for everyone who has offered to help, but this is the best option for everyone. I'll keep you guys updated :)