Sneak Preview for you...

Search This thread

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
Just a little sneak preview I've been working on for the past couple minutes.

Theme taken from @thecoby on his thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942309 , I've sent thecoby a PM requesting official permission to alter his theme on the basis that credit will be given here in this post as well as coded into the theme.

Basically, all I'm doing is resizing the images used in his theme and redoing the X and Y axis values in the ui.xml. All image work and structure are credited to thecoby. He did all the hard stuff :p

This is just a port. Not a creation. Please, go thank him (especially if he approves me to use it! Because if not, I really will recreate everything from scratch, which will increase the time I take to get this up and going by a week or more).

Should be done tonight/tomorrow-ish, pending thecoby's approval. No promises.

Last edited:

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
Reserved for downloads/instructions

COMPLETED:

• Button sizes resized
  • Basic layout resolution changed
  • 90% of images are good to go now

TO DO:

• Resize ALL the images!
  • Fix transparency that broke during some of my resizings.
  • Fix keyboard highlighting/layout (she way too big! She jus' canny handle 'er, Scotty!)
  • Modify layout on following pages:
    • Install (No buttons/source dir visible, the layout listing the folders is too big)
    • Backup (too much spacing when selecting the partitions to backup, reduce it to make room for buttons)
      • Set Backup Name (keyboard's too high, due to keyboard layout, only the "q" key is correct lol, cancel button overlapping text area, text area too low... no submit button????)
    • Restore (everything is in the header??? Dafuq happened here??)
    • Mount (selectors are all over the place! and the buttons way too high)
      • Mount USB Storage (USB icon not centered, Unmount button way too high)
    • Settings (Need less spacing between selections to allow for all buttons)
      • Screen Settings (Timeout slider too big, re-adjust)
      • About Theme (Things are way too large, going off the screen... need either line breaks or smaller font)
    • Advanced
      • Every sub-page in Advanced needs adjustment... things are just too big.)
  • Lockscreen still wonky and too big
  • Various other tweaks and UI issues

Last edited:

xWolf13

Jul 6, 2012
Found this theme too! Yet it wasn't fit for our device. Thanks for fixing it up to work with our Blaze!

Sent from my Carbonized Blaze

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
So, I've never messed with XML coding before today, really. It's in my self-teaching Web Programming course list, but I havent made it that far yet.

And I've decided, it's harder than it initially looked :p

cant get the Internal/external sd card selectors positioned the way I want it :p

Reactions: xWolf13

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
thecoby said:
jparnell8839 said:
Hello thecoby!

I was wondering if I could use your theme and re-do it to fit our device in the Galaxy S Blaze 4G forums? Credit to you in the thread with a link to the original post as well as the theme's ui.xml file.

jparnell

Of course you can! :)

Just got approval :D it's on like Donkey Kong!

xWolf13

Jul 6, 2012
Just wondering if this has been finished.. Would really love this theme!

Sent from my Carbonized Blaze

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
i hope this can be a one stop solution for flashing every ROM on the Blaze's forum... most of the links are dead and if this recovery can help flash from ICS to KK and back again.. it would be amazing :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thecoby said:
    jparnell8839 said:
    Hello thecoby!

I was wondering if I could use your theme and re-do it to fit our device in the Galaxy S Blaze 4G forums? Credit to you in the thread with a link to the original post as well as the theme's ui.xml file.

jparnell

Of course you can! :)

Just got approval :D it's on like Donkey Kong!
    Just a little sneak preview I've been working on for the past couple minutes.

Theme taken from @thecoby on his thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942309 , I've sent thecoby a PM requesting official permission to alter his theme on the basis that credit will be given here in this post as well as coded into the theme.

Basically, all I'm doing is resizing the images used in his theme and redoing the X and Y axis values in the ui.xml. All image work and structure are credited to thecoby. He did all the hard stuff :p

This is just a port. Not a creation. Please, go thank him (especially if he approves me to use it! Because if not, I really will recreate everything from scratch, which will increase the time I take to get this up and going by a week or more).

Should be done tonight/tomorrow-ish, pending thecoby's approval. No promises.
    Reserved for downloads/instructions

COMPLETED:

• Button sizes resized
    • Basic layout resolution changed
    • 90% of images are good to go now

TO DO:

• Resize ALL the images!
    • Fix transparency that broke during some of my resizings.
    • Fix keyboard highlighting/layout (she way too big! She jus' canny handle 'er, Scotty!)
    • Modify layout on following pages:
      • Install (No buttons/source dir visible, the layout listing the folders is too big)
      • Backup (too much spacing when selecting the partitions to backup, reduce it to make room for buttons)
        • Set Backup Name (keyboard's too high, due to keyboard layout, only the "q" key is correct lol, cancel button overlapping text area, text area too low... no submit button????)
      • Restore (everything is in the header??? Dafuq happened here??)
      • Mount (selectors are all over the place! and the buttons way too high)
        • Mount USB Storage (USB icon not centered, Unmount button way too high)
      • Settings (Need less spacing between selections to allow for all buttons)
        • Screen Settings (Timeout slider too big, re-adjust)
        • About Theme (Things are way too large, going off the screen... need either line breaks or smaller font)
      • Advanced
        • Every sub-page in Advanced needs adjustment... things are just too big.)
    • Lockscreen still wonky and too big
    • Various other tweaks and UI issues
    So, I've never messed with XML coding before today, really. It's in my self-teaching Web Programming course list, but I havent made it that far yet.

And I've decided, it's harder than it initially looked :p

cant get the Internal/external sd card selectors positioned the way I want it :p