Search This thread

OstrichSak

Aug 23, 2010
Colorado, USA
Is there a reason that the power menu toggle won't work? When I click it the menu comes up but say I select 'Recovery' for instance I get the follow two messages that come up, one after the other:

'Requesting root access...'

'Notification toggle has been granted superuser permission for an inactive shell'

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to change to make this work properly?

Thanks!

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Minor bug
Small window with brightness setings do not update icon in notification if you set new brightness and close with back button
i'll fix that

minor bug, when I press on Lockscreen toggle its not disable the lockscreen. (this option exists on my rom)
you need my other app "Delayed Lock" for this toggle

Is there a reason that the power menu toggle won't work? When I click it the menu comes up but say I select 'Recovery' for instance I get the follow two messages that come up, one after the other:

'Requesting root access...'

'Notification toggle has been granted superuser permission for an inactive shell'

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to change to make this work properly?

Thanks!
i guess that problem is related to your superuser app (you're using SuperSU?). it works fine with Superuser

blackbearblanc

Sep 20, 2011
www.blackbearblanc.dk
Would it be possible to implement these custom toggles as widgets to the home screens?

5b96f171-e0b1-adf2.jpg

5b96f171-e0be-5c28.jpg

Dropbox stash: http://db.tt/5tTjl8VS

Niri.M

Jun 1, 2011
Bengaluru
Couldn't thank you enough for this nifty little app. Beautiful app interface, too. Can't say the same about the icons though! (I know they can be replaced)

Two things:
1. The screen timeout menu has the text chopped off. Please see screenshot: imgur.com/gBvKL
2. Request for making the app notification icon Transparent like some other apps have implemented.

A big thank you!

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
Very nice - thanks so much for this. Incredibly useful. Convenient place to stash so many toggles without having to give up any home screen real estate, and of course the Notification screen is always available from any screen. For a wish list - it would be nice to have some more control over appearance, and possibly load an entire set of icons all at once - i.e., as a theme of sorts. Whether or not that happens, though, this is an excellent app - great functionality, simple / easy to use, performs well. Thanks!

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Would it be possible to implement these custom toggles as widgets to the home screens?
it'd be possible but the intention of the app is to replace home screen widgets, not to add more of them

I dont know how to use this app, i try to do some option in the app with no success :/
you shouldnt download an app if you dont understand what it does

1. The screen timeout menu has the text chopped off. Please see screenshot: imgur.com/gBvKL
easy fix: just add more toggles, so the icons get smaller :D
2. Request for making the app notification icon Transparent like some other apps have implemented.!
simply select "transparent" in the settings (menu button)

load an entire set of icons all at once - i.e., as a theme of sorts
with the "icon downloader for NT" app you can easily select the new icons you want, click download and they should automatically replace the ones you currently use. icon packs itself aren't a very good idea because most of the themes contain several icons for the same toggle so you're free to use the one you prefer. also not every theme contains icons for every toggle (yet)

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
The app is not showing up until Accessibility Settings in Android 4.1. How do I set it as an accessibility service to keep it on top?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
the attached version should appear in JB in the accessbility settings. i've also set the "priority" of the notification to "max" - not quite sure what does that, maybe you don't need the accessibility service any more? can someone test that?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ntfeature.png

I'm proud to present my new app: Notification Toggle.

With this app, you can place different toggles into your Android status/notification bar for quick access without having a dozen toggle-widgets on your homescreens ;)

You can choose which toggles to display in the settings of the app. You can also change the color of the icons as well as the icons completly to fit your systems design.

The app is for free in the Play Store, would be nice to get some feedback :)

Download

Some notes:
    • not every toggle will work on every device: especially the flashlight functionallity is very erratic and every manufacturer implemented it somehow different. you should install TeslaLED in addition to notification toggle
    • some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the android settings (like GPS since Android 2.3)
    • if have a rooted device, you can install the app in /system/app to directly toggle GPS even on Android 2.3+ Click here for more information
    • Issues with the TalkBack service? See here

Some nice icons: (you can also use this app on Android 2.3+ to download the icons)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Notification Toggle, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
    Last Updated 2014-11-06
    Holo Stock Notification Icons for Notification Toggle

Here are some ICS/JB Holo Stock-styled icons. 128x42 because 42x42 are the size of a stock notification icon alone, and 128x128 is the size of the icon area in a notification but I wanted to allow people to cram as many into the All-In-One as possible without them getting resized.

These are 90% stock ICS that I lifted from screenshots on my Galaxy Nexus. The others are Notifcation Toggle defaults I resized, and I grabbed the Screen Timeout icon from the SGS2 toggle widget, then altered/recoloured it. I also included a Notification Toggle icon (now the old one) so you can add it as an app shortcut and get back to the settings from the All-In-One itself.

The filenames are just guidelines for usage and there should be a lot of usage possibilities with the different icons and colours provided (white, blue, grey). For example, I like my icons white, then blue if they are different from my personal settings defaults: so I would use the white "bluetoothsettings_shortcut" and the blue "bluetooth_on" for Bluetooth off/on; similarly I'd use the white "screentimeout_dialog" and blue "wakelock_on" for Wake Lock off/on, but if you wanted the Screen Timeout Dialog on there as well you could use the grey "wakelock_off". Sometimes my on/off colouration differs from the Notification Toggle defaults, so be aware (eg. I keep Rotation Lock off generally so that is white, and on is blue). For usage cases where there are a lot of similar icons (eg. WiFi on/off, WiFi networks, WiFi settings), I included a generic Settings icon that can be used beside them to help keep things straight. Lots of possibilities for the brightness and sound options provided as well.

Swap and mix and match as you see fit, have fun. Cheers!

P.S. If anyone was wondering, the 3rd icon on my 2nd noficiation is for an app called N.memo which is extremely handy. It allows you to make little memos to yourself in the notification area, and is extra handy when it can be triggered from NT so its icon is included. :)

Recent Updates: Added Home and Haptic Feedback Toggle icons; new stock Alarm and Rotation Lock icons. Old Rotation Lock icons are still included for those who want them.

Edit: Add new NT Screen Wakelock/Timeout and Mobile Data Toggle icons (resized to stock height), and stock USB and WiFi tethering icons. Old versions still included.

Previous version downloads - most recent: 166; 115; 286.:good:
    Well done

All I can say is WOW!! Congrats for creating a really great and useful app and many thanx for great work.

I mainly needed an app to toggle screen rotation and it had to be accessible from notification bar as I am usually already in another app when I realize that I need to enable/disable rotation :) Tried many different solutions (probably all that are available from the Market) and this proved to be the best one. And if someone asks you what is the biggest difference between this and Widgetsoid… well how about 1.8MB difference (that is if all you need is toggles from notification bar).

I am sending here a few icons for switches I use (and a screenshot) for those of you who like sense style toggles. If you like I can create more.

One more thing. If you have time and if you are willing to add more functionalities to this app I think that haptic feedback would be great as an option.

BTW I am using HTC Desire (Original).

EDIT: As requested I am putting a few aditional icons: Sound ON/OFF/Vibra, GSP ON/OFF. Let me know if you like them :)
    I love this app...its realy handy and its one of my top apps.
    Oh yea...is there any whey to put battery % and temp. on bar?
    And I modify some icons for my self but I whant to share it and if some of you like it...say thanks. ;)
    @j4velin

I tried many alternatives as well as custom ROMs but this app is still the best alternative. Congrats!! Keep up the great work! If you catch some time and you figure out how to do these things, may I suggest some improvements:

- Some way of configuring order of the icons for "all in one" (as many of the users already suggested). Maybe for rooted phones? Some config file? Something...

- Shorter (or configurable) haptic feedback (something like in "Dialer" or when using keyboard). At the moment, I think, vibration is a bit too long. You can easily test different values (in milliseconds) using Tasker (there is a free trial).

- Is there a way of changing background color (for "all in one")? If not maybe there is a way of getting rid of the padding (margin) around the icons so we can achieve different background by changing icons' background. In that case you can put "precisely N" icons in one row (e.g. 5 or 6) and tell us their dimensions if we want to accomplish the "tight" effect (e.g. for WWGA 480 px / 6 icons in row = 80 px of width per icon). If I'm not mistaken the space between adjacent icons is currently 14px.

@all

I created a set of new Sense icons so use them if you like. There is a version with and a version without the bottom bar (green/gray, depending on the "widget" state). Let me know if you like them and if you have some suggestions.