Rearth Ringke Case

Search This thread

alienwehr

Sep 16, 2011
I will let you guys know how it is when it gets in, and if there are any issues.

Also will post screenshots.

Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-I777) Cognition Beta-3

LG Thrill (Returned)
Captivate (too many ROM flashes to list one)(sold)

F_L_Abs

Jun 21, 2010
Honolulu
It doesn't look like it has a hole for the mic on top...

Let us know when it arrives! Kinda digging the Kiwi one lol

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
Seems like they didn't really edit the case and kept it same as international version which still covers up the mic? They say it's compatible with AT&T and International version so my guess is they didn't make any changes to the mic hole?

han.azuki

Jul 26, 2010
yeah i returned mine because of how it didn't change anything, the antenna slot and the mic hole

alienwehr

Sep 16, 2011
Well when it comes in I will have to see. If the case fits without an issue and it's a good fit but as said the mic hole is not lined up I will modify it and show what I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
So is this case a mix of soft gel and hard plastic? Sometimes those gel cases are way way to soft and it tends to move a around a bit. Also I'm looking for something that will not add to much weight to the case. This phone is awesome its so light and I would hate to mess that up..

alienwehr

Sep 16, 2011
Pictures of phone in case with slight mod!

Here is a few shots of my case that just came in.

111011-123937.jpg

111011-123947-1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/punkrocker22/111011-124004.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/punkrocker22/111011-124014.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/punkrocker22/111011-124026.jpg

IMO this case is incredible. The material is the lightest, thinnest and most malleable material I have seen for a case. It does not even feel like a case is on the phone. If you don't mind a slight mod for the people looking for a case that does not disregard the slimness of the phone at all, this is definitely a good buy, and it came in like 2 days minus (Columbus Day) and the weekend.

Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-I777 (CM7)

nytvd

Sep 30, 2010
Breukelen,NY
I got the international version sent to me. The mic hole on top is not aligned. There is a cutout for the strap which as we know does not exist for the ATT version.
The fit is great and the material is also very good.
Will mod for mic hole but also keep an eye out for the otter box one when it is out.

alienwehr

Sep 16, 2011
I got the international version sent to me. The mic hole on top is not aligned. There is a cutout for the strap which as we know does not exist for the ATT version.
The fit is great and the material is also very good.
Will mod for mic hole but also keep an eye out for the otter box one when it is out.

Yes, As I show in the pictures the mod had to be done for the mic hole. It was very simple and you can basically follow the line on the seam with a razor blade. But as I stated this will be for people who do not want to compromise the slimness of the phone and this case is perfect for that. I know it is not as protective as an otter box but I will not be bringing my GSII to a roofing job or skydiving :)

nytvd

Sep 30, 2010
Breukelen,NY
Agree about keeping the slim line. Also this is rubber but an amazing texture that does not collect lint/dust and is smooth when you rub against it. Would be nice though if they made one to exact ATT specs.

alienwehr

Sep 16, 2011
Also screen protectors

I also would like to mention I purchased the Ringbo screen protectors from this site as well. 2 come in the pack for $8.99 and seem very durable.

111011-135453.jpg
[/IMG]

As you can tell it shows bubbles so if you don't mind the bubbles due to adhesive settling for a couple days I recommend.

I will post a response in a few days to show the difference, as it states on the box bubbles will go away after a couple days due to adhesive settling.

111011-135929.jpg

111011-140009.jpg

Photos uploaded through photobucket, Taken from my Alienware M14X webcam (sorry if you have trouble seeing)

Samsung Galaxy S II (CM7)

alienwehr

Sep 16, 2011
Also side note, these are made for the SGH-I777 I called and asked before order. This covers the whole screen, (so no square cutout at the bottom for the International version) just an FYI

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
so much air bubble.. I think you applied it wrong? Dry application screen protectors air bubbles usually don't go away or much from my experience. But I'm unsure about those. I bought them too, waiting for them to arrive. Usually with dry application screen protector, once you apply it, the way it looks will be the way it looks forever :D..

alienwehr

Sep 16, 2011
so much air bubble.. I think you applied it wrong? Dry application screen protectors air bubbles usually don't go away or much from my experience. But I'm unsure about those. I bought them too, waiting for them to arrive. Usually with dry application screen protector, once you apply it, the way it looks will be the way it looks forever :D..

Woops, my bad runtohell, yes it was my mistake you are correct. They decided to place 2 films on front and back of this thing to remove and I forgot one. But I guess thats the error I make for staying up over 24 hrs.

Here is the screen protector on the phone correctly. Now if you look at the post above you can say "you're doing it wrong" and I face palmed hard.

111011-145134.jpg

There thats better :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pictures of phone in case with slight mod!

Here is a few shots of my case that just came in.

111011-123937.jpg

111011-123947-1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/punkrocker22/111011-124004.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/punkrocker22/111011-124014.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/punkrocker22/111011-124026.jpg

IMO this case is incredible. The material is the lightest, thinnest and most malleable material I have seen for a case. It does not even feel like a case is on the phone. If you don't mind a slight mod for the people looking for a case that does not disregard the slimness of the phone at all, this is definitely a good buy, and it came in like 2 days minus (Columbus Day) and the weekend.

Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-I777 (CM7)
    Use coupon code weare2cool for 20% off, came to $14.44 for mine. I don't like how the corner is exposed for the lanyard but I'm still going to buy it.
    http://www.rearthusa.com/Galaxy-S-2-ATT-_p_275.html

I believe I have finally found a good case!

The site shows all angles and its got the right holes :)

Ordering right now.

Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-I777) Cognition Beta-3

LG Thrill (Returned)
    Captivate (too many ROM flashes to list one)(sold)
    This JUST happened to me, not as far though and didn't damage my phone BUT it seemed to split right where it hit . I went to their site and told them what happened and they are sending me a replacement.

Weird, I am super easy on my cases (I keep them very protected), and after 2 weeks mind started to split in the corner. I emailed them, they said they were sending me a replacement. Two weeks later nothing showed up, so I emailed them. No response, but 2 days later I saw a refund on my credit card statement. No email apologizing for keeping me waiting, no sorry for the miscommunication, no explanation, nothing.

This is not the kinda Customer Service i expect for a $20 piece of silicon. I'll definitely not be using them again in the future. Oh well.