Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Ok have just reflashed so will try now

Edit: magic mate, all working perfectly again! You are one top developer! Thank you!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I just have to say 1 thing. WTF. F*ck you java zip API. You know what was the fix? uploading the zip that patches framework without compressing -.-"
However, Im rebuilding app in a more secure way (checking that zip is sucesfully unzipped)

landerson07

May 3, 2011
Glad you've managed to get to the bottom of it! Well I'm off to bed now so will see what goodies are in store when I wake! Thanks again mate and good luck with the changes! :beer:

Reactions: D4rKn3sSyS

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Glad you've managed to get to the bottom of it! Well I'm off to bed now so will see what goodies are in store when I wake! Thanks again mate and good luck with the changes! :beer:

Dude thank you for helping me to stacktrace the issue ;)

EDIT: I just pushed a new version of OTA app, with replaced and fixed zip methods.
Also you may wanna check out battery styles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fauert

losta

May 4, 2011
is there a way for solving with titanium backup issue? Tiback app fc'ed everytime i flashed an update rom and whenever i try to reinstall it.. error showing that i need to free up some space so i went to cwm, wiped cache and dalvik then fix permission, voila the problem remains :D its not a big deal though...just needed to wipe data and everything works like a charm again...but i read from the first post..that i dont have to wipe data/factory reset if i was coming from previous version. i know this is not rom related cos the rom is excellent :D:cool:

attachment.php

poppienutshell

Nov 24, 2011
Singapore
I just wanna say thank you to D4 for this excellent, excellent rom.

I like the way you provided your support, with good fixes and honest feedback. I just love the idea of OTA, without having to xfer files between pc to phone. And the rom name itself is way cooler than other roms with fancier titles.

I have friends asking me what rom I'm on. I'm like, D4. Say what? D4. Nvm lemme show you. Reboot phone. Show them boot animation. Look on their faces? Priceless.:D

This rom makes my day anytime. Sweet :)

KrafTu

Aug 2, 2011
I have a question. How can i make a backup? But not with Titanium Backup or other software beside the one from the phone. Settings > Backup & reset. The only option i have there is factory data, no such thing as backup. And i have a problem with the signal, it is very weak. Any help? Tnx!

michelpas

May 6, 2008
just to be sure. I have the cm9 rom installed. If I install this D4 ROM do I lose my programs and my settings? Do I have to install them again? I'm not sure about this.

Thanks for the reply.

TonyK2005

Mar 17, 2012
Birmingham
I have a question. How can i make a backup? But not with Titanium Backup or other software beside the one from the phone. Settings > Backup & reset. The only option i have there is factory data, no such thing as backup. And i have a problem with the signal, it is very weak. Any help? Tnx!

If your on about backing up the rom then you will need to go into recovery mode & create a backup from there. As for signal, you could try flashing another modem, search the forum & you will find a long list of flash able modems.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Last edited:

TonyK2005

Mar 17, 2012
Birmingham
just to be sure. I have the cm9 rom installed. If I install this D4 ROM do I lose my programs and my settings? Do I have to install them again? I'm not sure about this.

Thanks for the reply.

Coming from CM9 you could try just wiping cache & dalvik but if you encounter problems then a full wipe will be needed. If you use Titanium Backup then its not too big a deal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

hawkerpaul

Sep 25, 2011
UK
www.practicenet.co.uk
For those of you who are having trouble with honeycomb lockscreen etc.
Did you install a theme before trying this?

I installed the BlueBlack theme linked to by D4rKn3sSyS previously here. This themed framework-res.apk and systemUI along with standard apps. This seemed to prevent me from getting the honeycomb lockscreen.

I reinstalled the rom, and all was ok.
I then hacked the theme .zip to take out these 2 files (mainly because I hate the white contacts,email,sms and calendar apps) and re-themed, and I could still enable the honeycomb lockscreen without any problems.

I hope this may help someone.

Last edited:

poppienutshell

Nov 24, 2011
Singapore
I just updated to 6.0 and found that somehow the usb connection broke. Neither MTP nor mass storage mode worked when plugged in. PC did not detect the phone and the usb icon does not appear on the statusbar.

Anyone faced the same issue?

Fauert

Mar 5, 2011
BEST ROM

Dude thank you for helping me to stacktrace the issue ;)

EDIT: I just pushed a new version of OTA app, with replaced and fixed zip methods.
Also you may wanna check out battery styles.

Hi D4rKn3sSyS ,thank`s for this LOVELY ROM. Have a beer , for your hard work , and for your help to us users ! ;)

Confirmation number: 8FM11547B0836591L ;):D

Reactions: D4rKn3sSyS

gnkgr

Feb 24, 2011
Patra
Were I can found the Google Apps for installation with CMW?

"First of all, you NEED to have ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM)
If you come from other CM9 based ROM, you dont need to wipe data, otherwise, it's mandatory.
Download and flash the rom, as usual (I recommend to check MD5 though, just to be sure zip file is ok)
Flash google apps (optional)
Wipe Cache, and Dalvik cache, DON'T WIPE DATA.
Reboot and enjoy your ROM"

Spiritseb

Dec 26, 2010
Bruxelles
hi

I have install v6.0.
I have 2 problems :
-When I set external_sd on --> the internal sd does not mount on pc
-When I open Sexy_black_blue.d4te in D4 Theme Engine everyting seems to be fine but the phone reboot in cwm, apply theme, reboot and boot loop on D4 logo.

Any ideas?

Tanks for your answere

ps: sorry for my bad english

poppienutshell

Nov 24, 2011
Singapore
Were I can found the Google Apps for installation with CMW?

"First of all, you NEED to have ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM)
If you come from other CM9 based ROM, you dont need to wipe data, otherwise, it's mandatory.
Download and flash the rom, as usual (I recommend to check MD5 though, just to be sure zip file is ok)
Flash google apps (optional)
Wipe Cache, and Dalvik cache, DON'T WIPE DATA.
Reboot and enjoy your ROM"

Refer to the website link in OP. You can dl gapps from there.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

hi

I have install v6.0.
I have 2 problems :
-When I set external_sd on --> the internal sd does not mount on pc
-When I open Sexy_black_blue.d4te in D4 Theme Engine everyting seems to be fine but the phone reboot in cwm, apply theme, reboot and boot loop on D4 logo.

Any ideas?

Tanks for your answere

ps: sorry for my bad english

For your 1st qns, you can refer to my post.

I do not have any luck with the themes yet so I can't give u an ans to that. U probably have to wait for D4 to finalize his work since its still in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiritseb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 | Per-App COLOR (newest PA invention), Dpi & UserInterface

logo.png

phoneeqfrj.jpg
    phabletneise.jpg
    tablet7wd3j.jpg

undefined9ye1s.jpg

untitled2j7jwf.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT. This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-COLOR, Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

untitled-1jij2c.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• RECOVERY: FACTORY RESET IF YOU WERE USING ANOTHER ROM!
    • RECOVERY: Install Rom: Download
    • RECOVERY: Install Gapps, ALWAYS-EVEN FOR UPDATES: Download (find the latest one that carries the "jb" tag)
    • RECOVERY: Wipe Cache Partition
    • RECOVERY: Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot and enjoy

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

Special Thanks
    • Teamhacksung, For their awesome work all this time on CyanogenMod team, and a solid base for our device tree.
    • slade87 , For teaching me about android programming. You're the man.
    • To every single person that helped on this project, I can't keep the track because they are a lot!

VERY Special thanks to all the donators!, you support me for making a better work each day!
    UI: lags, tearing, glitches
    UI: Apps like NHK are broken
    Audio: bugs, missing features
    Camera: Recording partially broken

Let's wait until it stabilizes a bit, for now I close this thread to avoid spam :)
    I will start working on it now though.
    Well, I guess is time to close this thread, I leave you with a great developer. I will keep checking out once in a while S2 forums anyway, and of course I will keep developing PA with the rest of the guys.

Cheers,
    Jesús.
    Looks good however this belongs in the Android Development section and not the Original section.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

Sorry clearly missunderstand that. I thought original section is whatever gets something built from scratch, as my OTA app does. However, thanks for the correction :)

EDIT: 21 may 2012... we got moved to original section :D
    EDIT: 22 may 2012... zombies all over the world.