SquareTrade and NegriCare

Search This thread

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego
I just received an LTE version (SM-P605) and I am looking into the different protection warranties available. I have seen many mentions of SquareTrade (and it's even available from Amazon), but I haven't seen any mention of NegriCare (sold from Negri Electronics).

I'm looking at the accidental coverage, so it would cover drops, etc.

The NegriCare is a little less expensive, but has a $50 deductible. Does anyone actually have any experience with either?

Thanks in advance...

midas69

Oct 26, 2011
If you do use Square Trade, definitely get it from Amazon, the prices are much better. ST discount codes can be found easily but the Amazon pricing is still better.

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
I have the Square trade warranty but can't tell you how good or bad it is since I haven't used it.
Send me a private message if you need a discount code.

Reactions: marshwc

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I've had two devices totaled and SquareTrade paid each claim within a week. NegriCare is just a white-label product offered through them but underwritten by a third party. Having insurance is only worthwhile if your claim is handled quickly and satisfactorily. That's definitely the case for me and those I know who've dealt with ST but a question mark for whoever Negri's using. Look at the T&C on Negri's site where they offer NegriCare and you should be able to fine the name of the company underwriting the insurance. Check the AM Best site to see their size, rating, and time in business.

P.S. - Never file a claim online with ST. You'll get some sketchy robo-generated answers that can elongate the process. Always file the claim with a human.

marshwc

Dec 23, 2013
San Diego
I've had two devices totaled and SquareTrade paid each claim within a week. NegriCare is just a white-label product offered through them but underwritten by a third party. Having insurance is only worthwhile if your claim is handled quickly and satisfactorily. That's definitely the case for me and those I know who've dealt with ST but a question mark for whoever Negri's using. Look at the T&C on Negri's site where they offer NegriCare and you should be able to fine the name of the company underwriting the insurance. Check the AM Best site to see their size, rating, and time in business.

P.S. - Never file a claim online with ST. You'll get some sketchy robo-generated answers that can elongate the process. Always file the claim with a human.

Thanks for the great info.

NegriCare is serviced through Mack Warranty

Last edited:

harrychimp

Dec 20, 2011
Los Angeles
I recently had a tablet under warranty with SquareTrade that ended up getting damaged.
I filed the claim online which was rather simple and straightforward. Within a few hours, I received an email stating the claim was received and a 2nd day shipping label was attached. Sent the tablet that night and within a week, the claim was approved for reimbursement of the purchase price of the tablet. I elected to get my funds sent via Paypay (rather than a hard check), and the monies were in my account in a couple days after claim approval. In total, the process from filing claim to having money in Paypal account took a bit under 2 weeks.

alynch75

May 29, 2006
Ensquared

I recently had a tablet under warranty with SquareTrade that ended up getting damaged.
I filed the claim online which was rather simple and straightforward. Within a few hours, I received an email stating the claim was received and a 2nd day shipping label was attached. Sent the tablet that night and within a week, the claim was approved for reimbursement of the purchase price of the tablet. I elected to get my funds sent via Paypay (rather than a hard check), and the monies were in my account in a couple days after claim approval. In total, the process from filing claim to having money in Paypal account took a bit under 2 weeks.

I use Ensquared to insure my devices. The good thing is they cover international devices. I made 2 claims on my Galaxy Note 1 and they sent my replacements within 3 days. I have been lucky to get brand new devices each time. They get thier replacement direclty from the manufacture and at times they get them from Negri. they ship them to you overnight at no additioanl charge.

Reactions: marshwc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have the Square trade warranty but can't tell you how good or bad it is since I haven't used it.
    Send me a private message if you need a discount code.
    Ensquared

I use Ensquared to insure my devices. The good thing is they cover international devices. I made 2 claims on my Galaxy Note 1 and they sent my replacements within 3 days. I have been lucky to get brand new devices each time. They get thier replacement direclty from the manufacture and at times they get them from Negri. they ship them to you overnight at no additioanl charge.