ADB Issues?

Search This thread

midshift883

Oct 31, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hey wonderful people of XDA!

Long time reader - first time poster!

I've had plenty of practice with recoveries and flashing roms and all the elementary stuff.

However - I decided to get into the world of ADB. Apparently way beyond my skill, or I've just hit a wall. I got curious and decided to check this out:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2671619 and my KF won't show up in "adb devices" via cmd. And I'm saddened.

I got as far as the ADB when everything just hit a wall. Now I'm stuck and I'd like to see if I can get my skills up.

I've done multiple searches before I posted (remember - long time reader), and couldn't find an answer. I'm on Windows 8.1 x64 and I've tried:
- Installing drivers (most won't install at all)
- Other USB ports
- And other things I'm sure I can't put a finger on at the moment

I just want to successfully do this. Like I've said, I followed all his instructions to a T up until I get to the ADB. ADB Interface is not showing up in device manager and the device shows up in DM with a yellow triangle.

I'm confused! Please help!

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN

I've had plenty of practice with recoveries and flashing roms and all the elementary stuff.

However - I decided to get into the world of ADB. Apparently way beyond my skill, or I've just hit a wall. I got curious and decided to check this out:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2671619 and my KF won't show up in "adb devices" via cmd. And I'm saddened.

I got as far as the ADB when everything just hit a wall. Now I'm stuck and I'd like to see if I can get my skills up.

I've done multiple searches before I posted (remember - long time reader), and couldn't find an answer. I'm on Windows 8.1 x64 and I've tried:
- Other USB ports

I just want to successfully do this. Like I've said, I followed all his instructions to a T up until I get to the ADB. ADB Interface is not showing up in device manager and the device shows up in DM with a yellow triangle.

I struggled with Windows 8.1 and adb. For me, I had 2 problems: a bad cable and turning off driver signatures. Windows prevents installation unless you turn off driver signature enforcement. Note that a bad cable can charge a unit without allowing communication.

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: midshift883

midshift883

Oct 31, 2013
Nashville, TN
Fancy Paperweight

I disabled the driver signatures enforcement and changed to a BRAND NEW cable.
I've installed everything that there is for ADB.
Yet, the KF won't seem to connect to my computer. "ADB Interface" doesn't even show up on device manager.

I don't want a fancy paperweight. Is there a way to reverse this, or continue on?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Other USB ports

I struggled with Windows 8.1 and adb. For me, I had 2 problems: a bad cable and turning off driver signatures. Windows prevents installation unless you turn off driver signature enforcement. Note that a bad cable can charge a unit without allowing communication.

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using XDA Free mobile app