(App) TeXTe - Emergency SMS - New Version 1.3

Search This thread

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com
b-KdOv3a7S9gKB0_HcN1yDoa8L11xBsTtVXmMKkNtGOlccBAlI3n6DwRK0SaRhHymWw=w124

New Version - TeXTe 1.3

Yet Another Update,

TeXTe is a very simple and straight forward emergency SMS app.

With TeXTe, you set-up a code word (CASE SENSITIVE) and when ever someone who knows the code word send you a text message CONTAINING it your phone will sound a high volume alarm.

So in case of an emergency, your : husband / wife / son / daughter / friend / pet.
Can send you a text message containing the code word and get your immediate attention, even if you are in a meeting with your phone on silent mode, or you just forgot your phone on vibrate...

TeXTe's features :
- The high volume alarm will start even if the phone is in silent \ vibrate mode
- The code word can be sent from any phone ( if your phone is broken or drained of battery)
- Simple and easy to use UI
- Compatible with 2.2 or later

** may not work well with GoSMS pro / handcent etc...

Changes 1.3 :
* New UI
* Language support (French is not perfect so notify me if you find errors)
* bug fix

Changes 1.2 :
* Visual display when getting emergency SMS
* Option to stop the ring after receiving the SMS with "Got It" button
* Vibration
* bug fix]

Changes 1.1 :
* New and improved UI
* Alarm selection
* bugs fixed
* Portrait mode[/CENTER]

also created payed Version called TeXTe+ , so if you want me to continue developing. please purchase it :)

If you have problems with the app please let me know and i'll fix it .

Enjoy !
:cool:

play store link :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInJhdmlkLmRldi5lc21zIl0..

FB Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texte/484246681669531

TwMmuHD2mfWgVC_IJPsNN3YDsx-isTY1aUKKLIMdb6x0j3rQQ7cokUIJPkj86gyxwDxi=h230
v9i-z1wL_nWVUAJPIyo3Jm1EM2OkAn3SBVCDkjfdCiEaHdkgQjlR8G8J6FNBrgJ59bk=h310
FnJ8jwd2Gd_R14gGAy5cddyU-tA55rSQ0cwxYw8irnwesuAAUcVEqwpnzaFOwGg3UA=h230
aBrsdQ2vpJVm12CYf_Lp-J4xN2zOlkBbZulMn6yfPLXp5ynI10-aD8IFO8GwWtbZuQ=h230
WdS9aDvH_-j6JcMTp7e2vFnFLhj28v-tsqjwXddSPtSf3hkrI8NWJgJksrBHPbeFvw=h230

Attachments

• texte17.apk
    761.3 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

villapark75

Apr 10, 2011
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
This sounds good. I imagine it could be used to find your phone if you've lost it too just by texting the keyword?

I know it's possible to do things like this in tasker, but that's far from easy.

Downloading now, thanks

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com
This sounds good. I imagine it could be used to find your phone if you've lost it too just by texting the keyword?

I know it's possible to do things like this in tasker, but that's far from easy.

Downloading now, thanks

yeh you are absolutely right .

also i have a friend who is an IT administrator and he use it to get important server crash messages .
he said this app is very useful ;)

Thanks

gsarnold

Mar 5, 2011
Akron (metro)
This is fantastic - I am going to try this out next time I am on-call at work.

Ideas for enhancements:
1. Selectable alarm sound
2. Option to select alert repeat/persistence (e.g., one alert then silent --or-- repeat alert every N minutes until acknowledged --or-- play continuous alert until acknowledged, etc.)
3. Multiple keywords with separate alert repeats & sounds for each.

Thanks for this!

Last edited:

Cynagen

Feb 20, 2006
San Jose
www.cynagen.com
TeXTe (Sounds like texti) is a very simple and straightforward emergency SMS app.

With TeXTe you can set-up a code word that will start a high volume alarm sound whenever someone who knows the code word will send it to you via SMS .

Is there any way to get this to work with Google Voice SMS as well, without enabling the SMS delivery from GV to my phone? (I already have the GV app to get my GV SMSes and don't want double-notifications)

J

J.Rawand

Great App!

I suggest you to put this NOTICE::

the word is CASE SENSETIVE

for example, I put '' slayer '' as a code

but when someone writes that code, the First one will be upper case '' Slayer '' in this case it WON'T WORK.

it must be exactly as the Code!

Amazing app!

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
Is there any way to get this to work with Google Voice SMS as well, without enabling the SMS delivery from GV to my phone? (I already have the GV app to get my GV SMSes and don't want double-notifications)
You can turn off SMS delivery from GV to your phone by log in to your GV account from a browser, then choose Settings, select Phones tab, then uncheck box "Receive text messages on this phone".

Cynagen

Feb 20, 2006
San Jose
www.cynagen.com
You can turn off SMS delivery from GV to your phone by log in to your GV account from a browser, then choose Settings, select Phones tab, then uncheck box "Receive text messages on this phone".

That's how my account is already configured, I was saying I use the Google Voice app on my phone to get my GV SMSes already. I wanted to know if this app would be able to tap into those SMSes and provide the same service as I don't want to hand out my direct cellphone number to anyone that doesn't need to have it. And I don't want to have to enable that option in order to make it work.

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com
That's how my account is already configured, I was saying I use the Google Voice app on my phone to get my GV SMSes already. I wanted to know if this app would be able to tap into those SMSes and provide the same service as I don't want to hand out my direct cellphone number to anyone that doesn't need to have it. And I don't want to have to enable that option in order to make it work.

Hi,

interesting point there what i can do about it in the next version .

Thanks for the feedback . :p

yellowdie

May 25, 2011
Orlando, FL
about.me
@mivza, very well done! This is a great and highly necessary app. :) :D

I agree with gsarnold that having selectable notifications would be great. Maybe have multiple words with preset notifications and volume levels for each code? And is there any chance of getting it to work with Go SMS/others?

Thanks again!

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com

I agree with gsarnold that having selectable notifications would be great. Maybe have multiple words with preset notifications and volume levels for each code? And is there any chance of getting it to work with Go SMS/others?

Thanks again!

Hi,

Regarding third party SMS apps its a little trickey, but i'm working on it ;)

Reactions: yellowdie

Zurginator

Sep 8, 2010
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Multiple passwords and alarms would definitely come in handy.

This is helpful for me because I work nights... So it lets people wake me up when needed. Scared the flying spaghetti monster out of me the first time it went off though lol.

Reactions: CurlyY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    b-KdOv3a7S9gKB0_HcN1yDoa8L11xBsTtVXmMKkNtGOlccBAlI3n6DwRK0SaRhHymWw=w124

New Version - TeXTe 1.3

Yet Another Update,

TeXTe is a very simple and straight forward emergency SMS app.

With TeXTe, you set-up a code word (CASE SENSITIVE) and when ever someone who knows the code word send you a text message CONTAINING it your phone will sound a high volume alarm.

So in case of an emergency, your : husband / wife / son / daughter / friend / pet.
    Can send you a text message containing the code word and get your immediate attention, even if you are in a meeting with your phone on silent mode, or you just forgot your phone on vibrate...

TeXTe's features :
    - The high volume alarm will start even if the phone is in silent \ vibrate mode
    - The code word can be sent from any phone ( if your phone is broken or drained of battery)
    - Simple and easy to use UI
    - Compatible with 2.2 or later

** may not work well with GoSMS pro / handcent etc...

Changes 1.3 :
    * New UI
    * Language support (French is not perfect so notify me if you find errors)
    * bug fix

Changes 1.2 :
    * Visual display when getting emergency SMS
    * Option to stop the ring after receiving the SMS with "Got It" button
    * Vibration
    * bug fix]

Changes 1.1 :
    * New and improved UI
    * Alarm selection
    * bugs fixed
    * Portrait mode[/CENTER]

also created payed Version called TeXTe+ , so if you want me to continue developing. please purchase it :)

If you have problems with the app please let me know and i'll fix it .

Enjoy !
    :cool:

play store link :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInJhdmlkLmRldi5lc21zIl0..

FB Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texte/484246681669531

TwMmuHD2mfWgVC_IJPsNN3YDsx-isTY1aUKKLIMdb6x0j3rQQ7cokUIJPkj86gyxwDxi=h230
    v9i-z1wL_nWVUAJPIyo3Jm1EM2OkAn3SBVCDkjfdCiEaHdkgQjlR8G8J6FNBrgJ59bk=h310
    FnJ8jwd2Gd_R14gGAy5cddyU-tA55rSQ0cwxYw8irnwesuAAUcVEqwpnzaFOwGg3UA=h230
    aBrsdQ2vpJVm12CYf_Lp-J4xN2zOlkBbZulMn6yfPLXp5ynI10-aD8IFO8GwWtbZuQ=h230
    WdS9aDvH_-j6JcMTp7e2vFnFLhj28v-tsqjwXddSPtSf3hkrI8NWJgJksrBHPbeFvw=h230

Thanks again!

Hi,

Regarding third party SMS apps its a little trickey, but i'm working on it ;)
    Multiple passwords and alarms would definitely come in handy.

This is helpful for me because I work nights... So it lets people wake me up when needed. Scared the flying spaghetti monster out of me the first time it went off though lol.
    One more update

Hi Guys