[ROM] [KVT49L ] [4.4.2] [PSX_FatLady] & [PSX-Light FINAL] [Unofficial] [02-24-14]

Search This thread

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
This great rom is build from source. I just compiled it while the PSX team did all the work. A little about the rom:

Welcome to Pure Speed X

PSX is a fast, built from AOSP source (4.4.2) Rom with an emphasis on speed and performance. Our goal is to provide unrivaled performance, stability, and a lightweight Rom with a handful of valuable features. We are not, nor ever will be focused on adding every feature out there. We will always be searching for ways to make it faster, more stable, more secure, and feature rich, but never at the cost of performance.

PSX V3
This version has all the features listed below. It is complete and not much work is being done on it. The new project will be called PSX Fat Lady.

PSX Light
This is the newest branch. Everything is being built from ground up. This is purely for performance and speed. No added features just pure optimizations. PSX Fat Lady will be based on this version. PSX Light is more up to date, but lacks features.

Team PSX Consists of:
  • ctfrommn
  • rustyjay
  • Martin_Ro
  • Banks
  • dully79

All the thanks goes out to those developers mentioned above for coming up with such a fantastic rom.

Directions
Download Rom, GApps, and SuperSu
Reboot into recovery
Make nandroid
Factory reset or wipe dalvik/cache/system/data
Flash Rom, GApps, and SuperSu
If ROM fails to flash, reboot into recovery and try again
Enjoy the Best Rom

Features/Changelog
Active Display
Quick Settings customization
Double Tap to Sleep
Quiet Hours
Immersive Mode/Tile
Lock Screen Targets
Status Bar tweaks
Navigation Bar tweaks
Optimizations
Much much more

PLSX FINAL
PSX_GROUPER_LIGHT 2014-02-20

PSX_FatLady Feb 24, 2014
psx_grouper_2014_02_23

Downloads PSX V3
PSX Grouper 30-01-14 MIRROR
PSX GApps
PA GApps
SuperSu

Source Code
Team Slim
Team Omni
Team CM
Vanir AOSP
Team Codefire
Team PA
@rascarlo

Source
PSX Github

Screenshots
Settings
Interface
About Tablet

Last edited:

TardyKilla

Nov 2, 2012
Downloading now. Just can't resist the promise of something unique.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
Downloading now. Just can't resist the promise of something unique.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hopefully you won't be disappointed. I've always used CM since CM5. Since I was introduced to this rom for my phone about a month ago, there's no looking back to any other rom for me.

This is the stable build with no other additions. The team is working on a psx-light (speed and performance with very few features). Once that's done, they'll add a psx-fat lady version with the usual customizations.

Anyway, this rom is stable with many features. Hope you all enjoy it or at least give it a shot.

E

EnricoD

this is one of the best on hammerhead (for me) i'm trying plsx and i love it because it has useful features... and is very stable & fast
is great to see a psx build on Nexus 7 too! :)

why don't You ask to the team (on their forum) to become official mantainer..?
thanks for the build

Last edited:

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
this is one of the best on hammerhead (for me) i'm trying plsx and i love it because it has useful features... and is very stable & fast
is great to see a psx build on Nexus 7 too! :)

why don't You ask to the team (on their forum) to become official mantainer..?
thanks for the build

I'm using PSX on the LG Optimus G. It's pretty amazing. I build PLSX for Grouper and the Optimus G, but I need Active Display at the minimum. Gotten so used to active display, can't do without it. Is there an xposed module that does that?

I don't want to become an official maintainer. Don't want the responsibility of building in a timely manner. This way, I can build and release whenever. This PSX build is pretty complete and I doubt any changes will be made to it since they started re-basing everything off PSX-Light. Once PSX-Fat Lady is up, I'll build and post.

E

EnricoD

I'm using PSX on the LG Optimus G. It's pretty amazing. I build PLSX for Grouper and the Optimus G, but I need Active Display at the minimum. Gotten so used to active display, can't do without it. Is there an xposed module that does that?

I don't want to become an official maintainer. Don't want the responsibility of building in a timely manner. This way, I can build and release whenever. This PSX build is pretty complete and I doubt any changes will be made to it since they started re-basing everything off PSX-Light. Once PSX-Fat Lady is up, I'll build and post.

Pick this commits for active display :)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45736797&postcount=2

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Great to see @enricocid on the boards! I'm still using little bro's Advanced Stock Rom, but I feel the urge to upgrade to a rom build on KK. This looks like it might do the trick! (and thanks again to you and Ivn88 for your previous contributions!)

And thanks to OP for bringing this to us! Will flash later tonight and report back. BTW; is there a requirement to flash using a specific recovery?

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
Great to see @enricocid on the boards! I'm still using little bro's Advanced Stock Rom, but I feel the urge to upgrade to a rom build on KK. This looks like it might do the trick! (and thanks again to you and Ivn88 for your previous contributions!)

And thanks to OP for bringing this to us! Will flash later tonight and report back. BTW; is there a requirement to flash using a specific recovery?

I doubt it as long as you are using the latest recovery. I think I'm on 2.6.3.0 TWRP. If after you make nandroid and do factory reset, then the rom fail to flash, you reboot into recovery and try again.

55Pegasus

Jan 22, 2011
Central California
I doubt it as long as you are using the latest recovery. I think I'm on 2.6.3.0 TWRP. If after you make nandroid and do factory reset, then the rom fail to flash, you reboot into recovery and try again.

I had the same problem using TWRP 2.6.3.1. When I rebooted into recovery had to root again. Then installed ROM, Capps and SU. All good now. Thank you.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: orlzzt

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I had the same problem using TWRP 2.6.3.1. When I rebooted into recovery had to root again. Then installed ROM, Capps and SU. All good now. Thank you.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yup, on first attempt the PSX zip failed; I rebooted recovery and then everything worked like a charm. Restoring my apps now; first impression is that this rom rocks! Very nice work, and thanks to all of you for your help and advice on installing. I'll report back if anything borks.

This is my first attempt at a KK rom (my GS3 is still on 4.1.2 JB), so I'm really excited about test driving this! Thanks!

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
Reactions: rockinroller
E

EnricoD

I tried to cherry pick the commits. I got this:

Code:
error: could not apply 0657865... active display settings
hint: after resolving the conflicts, mark the corrected paths
hint: with 'git add <paths>' or 'git rm <paths>'
hint: and commit the result with 'git commit'
Recorded preimage for 'src/com/android/settings/Settings.java'

try

Code:
git status

what is the output?

Last edited:

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
First 12 hours, and I can say this thing is a BEAST! Very fast; easy install; everything working! JBlaze did not lie when he said this thing had some legs on her. Speed is nice, but I have to say, never having been one to toy around with CM builds (I'm a TouchWiz guy from the GS3 forums) this has features on it that are really amazing! Thanks again to the team and to the OP for bringing this to us. @TexasLTE, can a brother get a Nexus 7 (2012) banner with some PSX graphics, and a big "Amen"?!

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
try

Code:
git status

what is the output?

Code:
android@builduntu:~/psx-light/frameworks/base$ git status
# HEAD detached at 0324d29
# You are currently cherry-picking.
#   (fix conflicts and run "git commit")
#
# Changes to be committed:
#
#	modified:   core/java/android/app/INotificationManager.aidl
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_ad_dismiss_notification_activated.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_ad_dismiss_notification_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_ad_lock_pressed.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_ad_morenotifications.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_ad_target_unlock_activated.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_ad_target_unlock_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_ad_unknown_icon.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_ad_unlock.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ic_handle_notification_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_ad_dismiss_notification_activated.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_ad_dismiss_notification_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_ad_lock_pressed.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_ad_morenotifications.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_ad_target_unlock_activated.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_ad_target_unlock_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_ad_unknown_icon.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_ad_unlock.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi/ic_handle_notification_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_ad_dismiss_notification_activated.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_ad_dismiss_notification_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_ad_lock_pressed.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_ad_morenotifications.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_ad_target_unlock_activated.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_ad_target_unlock_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_ad_unknown_icon.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_ad_unlock.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi/ic_handle_notification_normal.png
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable/ad_active_notification_background.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable/ic_ad_dismiss_notification.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/drawable/ic_ad_target_unlock.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/layout-land/active_display_content.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/layout/active_display.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/layout/active_display_content.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/layout/glow_pad_container.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/layout/glow_pad_view.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/values/vendor_arrays.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/values/vendor_dimens.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/values/vendor_donottranslate.xml
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/res/values/vendor_styles.xml
#	modified:   packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/BaseStatusBar.java
#	modified:   packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar.java
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/activedisplay/ActiveDisplayView.java
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/activedisplay/ClockView.java
#	new file:   packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/activedisplay/DummyActivity.java
#	modified:   services/java/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.java
#
# Unmerged paths:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)
#
#	both modified:      core/res/AndroidManifest.xml
#	both modified:      packages/SystemUI/AndroidManifest.xml
#

i'm assuming i have to type following commands:
git add core/res/AndroidManifest.xml
git add packages/SystemUI/AndroidManifest.xml

Here's what I get for one of the packages_apps_Settings cherry-pick:

Code:
android@builduntu:~/psx-light/packages/apps/Settings$ git cherry-pick 0e508d62622c403ab99655a1eb7e14b3fcaa18d8
error: could not apply 0e508d6... Add active display to ChameleonOS [2/2]
hint: after resolving the conflicts, mark the corrected paths
hint: with 'git add <paths>' or 'git rm <paths>'
hint: and commit the result with 'git commit'
Recorded preimage for 'res/values/arrays.xml'
Recorded preimage for 'res/values/strings.xml'
android@builduntu:~/psx-light/packages/apps/Settings$ git status
# HEAD detached at 311aaf6
# You are currently cherry-picking.
#   (fix conflicts and run "git commit")
#
# Changes to be committed:
#
#	new file:   res/xml/active_display_settings.xml
#	new file:   src/com/android/settings/chameleonos/ActiveDisplaySettings.java
#
# Unmerged paths:
#   (use "git add/rm <file>..." as appropriate to mark resolution)
#
#	both modified:      res/values/arrays.xml
#	both modified:      res/values/strings.xml
#	deleted by us:      res/xml/system_settings.xml
#

Do I also need to "git add" both modified files as well as the one deleted (res/xml/system_settings.xml)?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This great rom is build from source. I just compiled it while the PSX team did all the work. A little about the rom:

Welcome to Pure Speed X

PSX is a fast, built from AOSP source (4.4.2) Rom with an emphasis on speed and performance. Our goal is to provide unrivaled performance, stability, and a lightweight Rom with a handful of valuable features. We are not, nor ever will be focused on adding every feature out there. We will always be searching for ways to make it faster, more stable, more secure, and feature rich, but never at the cost of performance.

PSX V3
    This version has all the features listed below. It is complete and not much work is being done on it. The new project will be called PSX Fat Lady.

PSX Light
    This is the newest branch. Everything is being built from ground up. This is purely for performance and speed. No added features just pure optimizations. PSX Fat Lady will be based on this version. PSX Light is more up to date, but lacks features.

Team PSX Consists of:
    • ctfrommn
    • rustyjay
    • Martin_Ro
    • Banks
    • dully79

All the thanks goes out to those developers mentioned above for coming up with such a fantastic rom.

Directions
    Download Rom, GApps, and SuperSu
    Reboot into recovery
    Make nandroid
    Factory reset or wipe dalvik/cache/system/data
    Flash Rom, GApps, and SuperSu
    If ROM fails to flash, reboot into recovery and try again
    Enjoy the Best Rom

Features/Changelog
    Active Display
    Quick Settings customization
    Double Tap to Sleep
    Quiet Hours
    Immersive Mode/Tile
    Lock Screen Targets
    Status Bar tweaks
    Navigation Bar tweaks
    Optimizations
    Much much more

PLSX FINAL
    PSX_GROUPER_LIGHT 2014-02-20

PSX_FatLady Feb 24, 2014
    psx_grouper_2014_02_23

Downloads PSX V3
    PSX Grouper 30-01-14 MIRROR
    PSX GApps
    PA GApps
    SuperSu

Source Code
    Team Slim
    Team Omni
    Team CM
    Vanir AOSP
    Team Codefire
    Team PA
    @rascarlo

Source
    PSX Github

Screenshots
    Settings
    Interface
    About Tablet
    Added PSX-Light to the OP

psx_grouper_light 2014-02-06
    Mirror
    This should be the final build of PLSX. It has been updated to lastest AOSP 4.4.2_r2 (KVT49L build).

psx-light-grouper 2014-02-15
    Will you be making a Tilapia version? Would love to be able to see this running on my 3g version. We got very few roms for tilapia as of now.

I gave it a shot and couldn't figure it out. I'm a noob so it's out of my expertise.

On another note, I should have PLSX final in the next day or two.

Also, PSX_FAT_LADY early builds should pop up in a day or two as well. Of course, not all features may be implemented early on.