Nexus 4 touchscreen issues

Search This thread

Aegiz

Mar 31, 2014
hello people, I lve had my nexus 4 for a while now, never experienced any problems with it on 4.3 neither with 4.4.2, just the overheath thing when browsing websites and such, but recently ive been getting this unresponsive touch in the middle that's not letting me send messages or organize the apps on my main page, I'll explain a little below.

When I slide my finger from top to bottom, just in the middle of the screen my touch seem to go slower and then it like makes a jump and won't recognize the touch in one part, that happens all along the middle of the screen is not just a blind spot, when I write a message and try to send it with the keyboard open, it won't let me touch the "send" bottom I have to minimize the keyboard to be able to send it because the bottom is just in the area where my touchscreen is not working correctly.

I downloaded multi touch tester to verify my touches and I found out that if I make a touch in the middle where I have my issue, the multi touch is recognizing 2 touches at the same time, I'll upload the picture to show how is it recognizing my touches in that specific area.

I'm actually using stock nexus 4 with stock KitKat 4.4.2, I haven't root or anything ever, is the first time I have issues with this phone in the touchscreen, I've also been experiencing some touchscreen freeze where I can't touch anything because it won't work and I have to lock screen and unlock it again for it to start working again.

what I have already done?
I have restart my.phone a couple of time and won't work
i have factory reset it and won't work
I have full charge it with USB and laptop and won't work

and that's about it, I'm sure is a software issues because my phone hasn't drop or anything it just started random and sometimes the phone start to work correctly with no issues but most of the time its not working properly and is frustrating.

PD: sorry for my bad English, not native speaker.

well is not letting me post pictures cus I'm new.

robin10155

May 27, 2014
Facing same problem

hello people, I lve had my nexus 4 for a while now, never experienced any problems with it on 4.3 neither with 4.4.2, just the overheath thing when browsing websites and such, but recently ive been getting this unresponsive touch in the middle that's not letting me send messages or organize the apps on my main page, I'll explain a little below.

When I slide my finger from top to bottom, just in the middle of the screen my touch seem to go slower and then it like makes a jump and won't recognize the touch in one part, that happens all along the middle of the screen is not just a blind spot, when I write a message and try to send it with the keyboard open, it won't let me touch the "send" bottom I have to minimize the keyboard to be able to send it because the bottom is just in the area where my touchscreen is not working correctly.

I downloaded multi touch tester to verify my touches and I found out that if I make a touch in the middle where I have my issue, the multi touch is recognizing 2 touches at the same time, I'll upload the picture to show how is it recognizing my touches in that specific area.

I'm actually using stock nexus 4 with stock KitKat 4.4.2, I haven't root or anything ever, is the first time I have issues with this phone in the touchscreen, I've also been experiencing some touchscreen freeze where I can't touch anything because it won't work and I have to lock screen and unlock it again for it to start working again.

what I have already done?
I have restart my.phone a couple of time and won't work
i have factory reset it and won't work
I have full charge it with USB and laptop and won't work

and that's about it, I'm sure is a software issues because my phone hasn't drop or anything it just started random and sometimes the phone start to work correctly with no issues but most of the time its not working properly and is frustrating.

PD: sorry for my bad English, not native speaker.

well is not letting me post pictures cus I'm new.

I am facing the same problem. You got any fix for this? Please help....

Oxious119

Apr 18, 2013
If you've already did a factory reset I doubt it's a software issue. However you can use one of the guides here explaining how to flash a clean stock factory image. This is the last solution that will eliminate any software sided failure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

RamboV

Oct 19, 2011
SeaShore
I am also facing the exact same problem for the past two days, My phone is in perfect condition, not dropped or anything like that.

I think I did some google play updates which where pending for long time.... Do not know what is causing this.

Anyway have started to uninstall the app updates manually, lets see.

kittuboy

Aug 31, 2012
Bangalore
A flashing will rule out all software issues. Check whether the touchscreen is working. Enable developer options, then select "Show pointer touches" and the other one just below it (too lazy to check up and tell you what it is; pardon me :p )
If you're getting normal touch response over the entire screen, then you're facing a software issue. Anything else implies a hardware issue; this may or may not fix itself (somehow; gremlins.)

In either case, let us know what happens. Cheers!

shanilsoni

Apr 17, 2012
Having the same issue & dii what you asked

A flashing will rule out all software issues. Check whether the touchscreen is working. Enable developer options, then select "Show pointer touches" and the other one just below it (too lazy to check up and tell you what it is; pardon me :p )
If you're getting normal touch response over the entire screen, then you're facing a software issue. Anything else implies a hardware issue; this may or may not fix itself (somehow; gremlins.)

In either case, let us know what happens. Cheers!

I'm having the exact same issue & tried what you just said. Unfortunately, I'm not getting touch response in one center row of the screen, for that entire row, no resppnse at all.
Is this the problem with touch screen?

kittuboy

Aug 31, 2012
Bangalore
I'm having the exact same issue & tried what you just said. Unfortunately, I'm not getting touch response in one center row of the screen, for that entire row, no resppnse at all.
Is this the problem with touch screen?

Say goodbye to that display. I have to get my display replaced too (clumsy fingers grumblegrumble) and the LG guys say the display unit costs 3750 rupees to replace... Get it done ASAP.

arkangel72

Aug 4, 2014
Greetings!
If it is a software issue try re-flashing the stock factory image might as well work

-nexus⁴

Top Liked Posts