[Q] Issues with Gmail not staying synced/password error? Please Help!

Search This thread

catatoniccube

Oct 9, 2012
This has happened to me twice...On 2 different Moto X's and with 2 different Gmail accounts.
On both devices I created a new gmail accounts and used it to sign in on my new Moto x. Worked fine for a few days and out of nowhere I get an error about the password being incorrect/account locked,followed by instructions to reset/confirm password from the a browser.
After confirming on a browser the account will work...but only for a few days and the same error will come up.
I am terribly confused and frustrated cause the phone is basically useless without a Gmail.
Am I missing a setting on the phone? In Gmail from a browser? Kit Kat bug? Any ideas?
Any suggestions would help.
Thanks

catatoniccube

Oct 9, 2012
This has happened to me twice...On 2 different Moto X's and with 2 different Gmail accounts.
On both devices I created a new gmail accounts and used it to sign in on my new Moto x. Worked fine for a few days and out of nowhere I get an error about the password being incorrect/account locked,followed by instructions to reset/confirm password from the a browser.
After confirming on a browser the account will work...but only for a few days and the same error will come up.
I am terribly confused and frustrated cause the phone is basically useless without a Gmail.
Am I missing a setting on the phone? In Gmail from a browser? Kit Kat bug? Any ideas?
Any suggestions would help.
Thanks
Could updating to Kit Kat before signing into Gmail create an issue? If so why? All tech support people I have spoken to have only the generic response/trouble shooting suggestions...
I desperately need your knowledge and help...Thanks

D

Darth

My guess is someone trying to get into your Gmail. Lol If they try to guess your password enough time it will lock you out. Just as you've said. I can't see how the phone can tamper with your password and have never heard of that being an issue.

Better think hard about anyone who may really wanna see what you have in your email. ;)

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

catatoniccube

Oct 9, 2012
My guess is someone trying to get into your Gmail. Lol If they try to guess your password enough time it will lock you out. Just as you've said. I can't see how the phone can tamper with your password and have never heard of that being an issue.

Better think hard about anyone who may really wanna see what you have in your email. ;)

The Gmails were brand new, created just for the phones.

D

Darth

Well, not sure what to say. Never heard of this issue ever. Did you google it? See if anyone has had this issue?

If there's nothing on google... Then no way does it have any thing to do with your phone.

Someone is either trying to get into your account. Or somehow you are messing up the password and locking yourself out.

catatoniccube

Oct 9, 2012
I know its not the phone, I was just wondering if anyone has heard or seen this issue. Its not me putting in the password incorrectly bc when I intially put in the account and password it connects and syncs just fine for a few days. Then when I send a gmail or download an app, I get the error.
Thats why I was wondering if its an issue with Kit Kat, or if installing the update first and adding the account after may be causing the issue.
I have generall knowledge and have had many Android phones and this is the first time I have ever encountered an issue like this.
I have factory reset
Got a warranty replacement
and even tried 2 brand new gmail accounts
and it continues to happen.
Any Ideas?
Thanks again

aldouse

Jul 14, 2010
Milpitas
Happened once to me a while back. Apparently had to confirm my Gmail account info first and then it was unblocked

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk